How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

TacoDiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I have a deposit for a Touring the dealer is getting soon...but I swear I keep seeing horror stories about how much stuff is going wrong with them, particularly around the head unit and it's scaring me off and really making me consider trying to get my deposit back and waiting however many months until I can find a 2017 Touring trim for more expensive and with the hopes that these issues will be somewhat fixed (which could potentially be a big maybe, no?). Flickering screen, back up camera freezing, etc. But I also realize there's a high possibility that the only people you hear from are the ones that have problems.

How many of you have positive experiences with the car after owning it for longer than a few weeks, particularly with Touring trim overall and/or the head unit (particularly with Android Auto)?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I've had mine since a week before Christmas. Just over 21,000 miles. My opinion is that yes, the first year does have a few fairly common fit and finish issues, at least on the forum. IMO its not a deal-killer.

There have been early reports that the '17 head unit internals will be updated, so a lot of those issues should *theoretically* be filtered out. I use Android Auto everyday, and love it. It works smooth with no hitches with my S7 Edge.

Overall though, I love the Touring. Great deal, tons of tech, the 1.5T is a great balance of usable, effortless, everyday power and hybrid-like MPG, quiet, smooth, lots of interior space, and I still get compliments and people staring at it. :thumbsup:

adastra57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a deposit for a Touring the dealer is getting soon...but I swear I keep seeing horror stories about how much stuff is going wrong with them, particularly around the head unit and it's scaring me off and really making me consider trying to get my deposit back and waiting however many months until I can find a 2017 Touring trim for more expensive and with the hopes that these issues will be somewhat fixed (which could potentially be a big maybe, no?). Flickering screen, back up camera freezing, etc. But I also realize there's a high possibility that the only people you hear from are the ones that have problems.

How many of you have positive experiences with the car after owning it for longer than a few weeks, particularly with Touring trim overall and/or the head unit (particularly with Android Auto)?
I am in a similar boat. Especially with Consumer Reports removing it from the recommended list today. Would love to hear from average Civic owners on their experience.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Besides having my engine die and be swapped out my touring has been flawless. Headunit woes are minimal.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
7 months and 15,000 km's later, absolutely love it.

Issues were a misaligned door that was warrantied, and bluetooth dropping that was fixed with an update.

If you go to ANY online forum/subreddit regarding a certain car, a certain phone, a gadget, a house, whatever - it'll always be filled with more issues, because the people without issues don't bother posting.

Just do a thorough check before you take delivery, maintain a good relationship with your salesman/dealer, and enjoy the car :)

jmparker56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Ours is a 2016 4 door Touring cosmic blue with 17000 miles. I purchased the end of April. It has been back to the dealer for two recommended oil changes which we we just did the recall on the parking brake issue. I also had a small issue with head unit as it sometimes can't connect to XM. When that happens, I have to reboot the Head Unit. They updated the software for it, so we will see. Overall the car has been spot on good and we are very happy with it so far. Perhaps I should knock on wood!

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
I am in a similar boat. Especially with Consumer Reports removing it from the recommended list today. Would love to hear from average Civic owners on their experience.
I am concerned why consumer reports have it way down on their list ? Is it mostly the faulty infotainment touchscreen system in the car or a bigger problem ?

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I am concerned why consumer reports have it way down their list ? Is it mostly the info mattion system in the car or a bigger problem ?
Because they use an asinine system. Here's the image taken from the other thread, in an attempt to stop misinformation from spreading.

If school grades were given like this everyone would fail everything. It's pretty stupid.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? screen-shot-2016-10-24-at-2-05-54-pm-

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I am concerned why consumer reports have it way down their list ? Is it mostly the info mattion system in the car or a bigger problem ?
That's pretty much it. The second it has a red, it's deemed unreliable and removed from the recommended list. The 2016 Civic being removed from the recommended list is a blatant and clear example of how the CR system is flawed. It's not warranted compared to the 2012 model.

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
well that just took 20% off your resale value.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
well that just took 20% off your resale value.
Nahh. I'm fairly certain the depreciation curve will be similar to Civics in the past. The 2012 model was actually bad but I never saw it's resale be different enough to worth nothing compared to other models. If someone tries to use the whole CR thing as leverage, you'll just have to explain it to them.

OP
OP

TacoDiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
That's pretty much it. The second it has a red, it's deemed unreliable and removed from the recommended list. The 2016 Civic being removed from the recommended list is a blatant and clear example of how the CR system is flawed. It's not warranted compared to the 2012 model.
While the overall rating doesn't make sense....the Poor audio system is concerning since so much of the car goes through that. I am assuming "Audio System" means the head unit in general (which is where I hesr the most problems), or am I wrong on that?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No issues at all on my EX. Touring models did have the most issues with all the headunit/subwoofer stuff though.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My ext has be great but I have found panel gap imperfections. I am planning to have it fixed in the spring
Sponsored