Terabyte_272

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Hey I've been planning on upgrading my horn. I got new hella sharptones and have a harness to hook them up. However I realized that all the videos of people doing this they do it on an si or hatch (you can remove the front foglight garnish to get access) However I cant find any videos of people removing the civic sedan covers (pic below). So thought id ask so I dont destroy the trim trying to pry it off. I know there's a retainer clip when you have the garnish nearly off. So yeah if anyone's removed this kind without removing the bumper let me know
Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade questions Capture.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Terabyte_272

Terabyte_272

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
After looking at it more it seems like it might have a screw. requiring the bumper to be removed after all.....

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sadly that style bumper you have to remove it to get to the horn. I will say, the more I've taken off the bumper the faster its gotten each time.

OP
OP
Terabyte_272

Terabyte_272

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Yeah Ive been watching some videos. just means ill have to wait till Monday

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yeah I definitely recommend removing the bumper as you are going to need to for mounting the horns/bracket. Heres a pic of mine i used a right angle drill to mount the bracket on to the backside of the bumper crash bar. I also wired my OEM horn in so i have all three! This was a fun project i still have to go back and do some wire management. Any other questions when you tackle this lmk.
Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade questions 37D3D3B5-D20A-4D07-A40D-15C2AEEE0D6A

OP
OP
Terabyte_272

Terabyte_272

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Yeah I definitely recommend removing the bumper as you are going to need to for mounting the horns/bracket. Heres a pic of mine i used a right angle drill to mount the bracket on to the backside of the bumper crash bar. I also wired my OEM horn in so i have all three! This was a fun project i still have to go back and do some wire management. Any other questions when you tackle this lmk.
37D3D3B5-D20A-4D07-A40D-15C2AEEE0D6A.jpeg
Thanks!

Speedsakiller

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
37D3D3B5-D20A-4D07-A40D-15C2AEEE0D6A.jpeg
Do you happen to have any picture of how you wired these in to the stock horn? Il really liking your setup and thinking I might do a setup like this when it warms up ,instead of just adding the horns down in stock location.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I ordered this off amazon then went on website to find wiring diagram for it. I wired it into my oem horn as well so that still works I remember taking out the rubber weather seal and i never put it back in i still have it somewhere. Just follow this diagram and one wire has to go into the oem horn harness if you want all three horns. I do remember testing the horn and it didnt work at first, but i think that was due to a loose connection because it got fixed quickly.
Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade questions C5E93F73-F876-4229-AE5B-00F77FD6FF10
Honda Civic 10th gen Horn upgrade questions AF35BF91-EF4D-45B0-98B8-314531BF1C89