raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
Install is super easy. YouTube has many vids on how to do it. Save yourself the $100+ from having the dealer/mechanic install it for you. I went with a single horn upgrade from FIAMM. Which is just like the Wolo horn, that I got on Amazon. Sounds loud, like a typical horn should be.

Last edited:

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Here's my PIAA 85115's. I liked the slightly lower pitch of these.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dropped in the Wolo 320-2T dual tone kit into my car using the college hills adapter. Sounds damn near identical to the collegehillshonda upgrade (as shown in that FK8 video), but for $10 less at my local Pep Boys. Video I made starts off with the Wolos, then i switch back to the OEM horn for comparison (fast forward to the :21 mark for the OEM sound clip if you don't wanna watch me switch the connectors. lol)

and here's how I ended up mounting them. The Wolo kit included brackets and hardware, and I just put 2 bends in each of the brackets to have them sit where I wanted them to.
Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade zix6xfll_c4535be12a51b1e4a90eda664ab0c3445f954f34

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just used the high & low tone horns from a 18 Accord, seems pretty loud to me, parts cost for the two was around $35.00, could have used a set of Hellas with same results. Dealer installed, took about an hour.
Can I ask, please what they charged you to do that? Thx in advance.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Can I ask, please what they charged you to do that? Thx in advance.
It was when the bumper was off and they were upgrading my fogs to LED (factory) so the labor for the horns alone wasn't itemized. I would imagine most dealers would charge an hour or so, when the car is on a lift, bumper is easy, the horns probably 15-20 min, depends on how friendly you are with your dealer. As I've been a customer there for 35years, they tend to cut me some slack. A skilled Honda mechanic can remove a bumper in 10 minutes or so, I know, I got to watch. They usually charge me actual time, not flat rate.
Best thing is to discuss what you want to do and what horns you want first with either the service manager or the mechanic.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A skilled Honda mechanic can remove a bumper in 10 minutes or so
Doesn't take a skilled Honda mechanic to take off the bumper inside of 10 minutes. Do it a couple times (granted, the first time you do it, one will probably work slower) and anyone could have that bumper off within 5-10 minutes. DIY guides and videos on the forum were a great help the first time I took off my bumper. It seems a lot more daunting than it actually is. Only tools needed are a flat head screwdriver (to pop bumper clips), phillips head screwdriver (2 screws per fenderwell), 10mm wrench/socket (one bolt per side on the underside) and a 4 or 5mm (cant remember which) allen key for 2 more screws on the underside of the bumper. I also use that allen key to pop the 2 clips that hold the headlight to the grille extension thingies.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
You don't need to take off the bumper. I did mine without removing it. I just removed the fog light cover.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Doesn't take a skilled Honda mechanic to take off the bumper inside of 10 minutes. Do it a couple times (granted, the first time you do it, one will probably work slower) and anyone could have that bumper off within 5-10 minutes. DIY guides and videos on the forum were a great help the first time I took off my bumper. It seems a lot more daunting than it actually is. Only tools needed are a flat head screwdriver (to pop bumper clips), phillips head screwdriver (2 screws per fenderwell), 10mm wrench/socket (one bolt per side on the underside) and a 4 or 5mm (cant remember which) allen key for 2 more screws on the underside of the bumper. I also use that allen key to pop the 2 clips that hold the headlight to the grille extension thingies.
Granted....however I was looking at the time my mechanic put the car on the lift, set up the padded support, removed the bumper and disconnected the fog lights and placed the bumper on the padded stand. For some of us who have some age-related issues (can't kneel) who find this simple task difficult, I'd rather watch. I guess in a speed contest it can be done very quickly and efficiently, but it sure helps to have a helper to do it properly and without damage. Kudos to whoever can do this in a driveway, without damaging anything and by themselves, but it still takes some experience, tools available and a padded surface. The mechanic I use is in his 40's, Honda Master Certified, and trains other mechanics. He isn't the fastest in the shop, BUT, has virtually "0" comebacks, he takes the time to do it right. That's predominantly why I have him do both of our Hondas, I also take him to lunch occasionally, good investment!

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You don't need to take off the bumper. I did mine without removing it. I just removed the fog light cover.
Exactly, just use enough masking tape, plastic pry tool and patience;)
Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20190601_195855_HDR

Start from the top, then the left side, a little bit on 1-2 o'clock position, remove the taping screw at 4 o'clock position, then carefully wiggle out the bottom. Use plenty of masking tape to boost your confidence!

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I installed a pair of PIAA superior bass horns in my 2019 Sport Touring Hatchback without removing the bumper.

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20200120_131322
Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20200120_130507

It was a bit of a puzzle trying to figure out how to get them mounted, particularly the front one, needed to install the side one on the bracket then install the bracket to the spot where the original bracket was installed, can't have the front horn on the bracket when doing that because it blocks the mounting hole for the bracket, and once the bracket is installed I can't access the back of the bracket with a tool to hold the nut to mount the front horn. The key was to use an automotive clip on nut (Lowe's part #139391). For the bracket I modified a framing angle (Lowe's part #116207). The blue piece is a 22mm standoff I 3d printed. 5/16" x 1/2" bolt for the side horn and 5/16" x 1.5" bolt for the front horn. For the harness I used the horn adapter from College Hills Honda: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/0S18.html and spliced in the two wires that came with the horns.

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20200120_130611

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed a pair of PIAA superior bass horns in my 2019 Sport Touring Hatchback without removing the bumper.

20200120_131322.jpg
20200120_130507.jpg

It was a bit of a puzzle trying to figure out how to get them mounted, particularly the front one, needed to install the side one on the bracket then install the bracket to the spot where the original bracket was installed, can't have the front horn on the bracket when doing that because it blocks the mounting hole for the bracket, and once the bracket is installed I can't access the back of the bracket with a tool to hold the nut to mount the front horn. The key was to use an automotive clip on nut (Lowe's part #139391). For the bracket I modified a framing angle (Lowe's part #116207). The blue piece is a 22mm standoff I 3d printed. 5/16" x 1/2" bolt for the side horn and 5/16" x 1.5" bolt for the front horn. For the harness I used the horn adapter from College Hills Honda: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/0S18.html and spliced in the two wires that came with the horns.

20200120_130611.jpg
Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20190608_111114_HDR

Perhaps our horns are different in size, when I install these on my 18 ST, I just used the existing small black bracket, turned it like 90 degrees to make them fit, took me a long time to try though...

Good job! It's great to know the car will sound good when needed

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
20190608_111114_HDR.jpg

Perhaps our horns are different in size, when I install these on my 18 ST, I just used the existing small black bracket, turned it like 90 degrees to make them fit, took me a long time to try though...

Good job! It's great to know the car will sound good when needed
To tell the truth I didn’t even consider using the original bracket, probably because when I was taking the original horn off I tried removing it from the bracket while installed and I couldn’t get it off so I removed the bracket and tossed the assembly to the side.

However, the pair of horns I bought were 330 and 400 hz, the bell on the 330 is larger than the one on the 400. You used a 400 and 500 and I assume the 500 is smaller than the 400 so the 330 would be a lot larger than the 500.
Sponsored