2018 Accord horn upgrade mod!

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Hi guys,

2018 Accord horn works with 2016+ Civics, I beleive every trim other than si comes with only 1 horn so you would have to pick one of the accords snail horns below (high tone or low tone). I recommend the low tone as it is loud!

Part # 38100-TVA-D01 low tone $18
Part # 38150-TVA-D01 high tone $18

Hopefully this will help those looking to change their horn
Sponsored

Last edited:

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh that pinstripe with the Honda logo.
Yeah, that one of the things I asked the dealer not to put on. Idk why people still think pinstripes like those look good on a car.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
has anyone put these on a civic and do they fit, and just plug and play? OP says Seems to be the same. I swear the horn in this car is going to cause an accident because nobody ever stops doing what they are doing, like coming into my lane, I beep and I might as well be whistling out the window at them. It's dangerous. Also embarrassing. lol

OP
OP
Dying2Live

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Just ordered the low tone, hoping this works no reason it shouldn’t since the plugs on both are 2 pin. Pics below are the 2013-17 Accord upgraded horns that are standard on 2018 now

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Accord horn upgrade mod! 53F702F8-D94B-46E0-B924-5F02802FCE6B

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dying2Live

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
You will have to re use the stock bracket to mount it to the car. The Accord horn is much bigger than the stock horn so you will need to drill a hole somewhere in the middle of the bracket (Second pic). Easily 3 to 4x louder than stock horn and only $18 dollars. Due to the fact it was getting dark and I was running out of light I had to quickly finish up so left it pointing up. This is not ideal since water can get in, I suggest for those doing this point it down. I used the low tone since all trims except si have 1 connector. For si guys you can run both high and low

Last edited:

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Awesome, I'll be picking this up soon. Thanks for the post and updates!

OP
OP
Dying2Live

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
yes you will have to remove entire bumper. Not bad, just need to be careful with some of the clips

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I was embarrassed by my horn while I was in the car, as well. However, my son tried unlocking the car through the open window and the "alarm" went off and from the outside the stock horn is incredibly loud. I'm still interested in this replacement but I was surprised how loud stock was.

Thanks for the info Dying2Live. How hard is bumper removal? Any fancy tools?

OP
OP
Dying2Live

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
If you think stock horn is loud wait until you hear the accord horn, haha. The bumper is easy to take off my only advice is to seriously take your time removing it as the clips are very easy to break. If the front bumper has never been removed before it will be on there extra tight, take your time and don’t force anything and should come off. Since you have fog lights disconnect them before you try and pull the bumper off. The reason your horn is louder than most (stock)is because the si has two horns while my lx has only 1. Tools you will need are

1) flat head screwdriver (to remove the pushpin clips)
2) A torx bit or star head for two nuts at bottom near oil pan that keep liner in place
3) Pillips head for screws in wheel well area that keep fender liner inplace
4) 10mm socket to remove the nut located in front of each wheel on bottom to hold liner in place
5) Large towel or blanket to lay the bumper on so you dont scratch it
6) metal drill bit to create new hole in your stock bracket
Sponsored

Last edited: