mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I can't speak to the EX; but I replaced the meeper on my '18 LX with PIAA's (same style horn). I had to use adapters. But, to my eye, all Honda horns are plug and play so far as the connectors. I think you'd be okay with a dual horn system as well so long as the total draw didn't exceed 10 amps.
Well since we only got one horn on our cars I will only be working with one plug. So I just wanted to order the low tone accord horn for both my cars. I just wanna make sure the plugs are the same. I don’t wanna have to modify anything. It looks like the 2018 accord and my 2018 civics both got two prong plugs. Just wanted to make sure before I ordered them
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Mine was definitely a two conductor (prong) connector.

Just FYI... I was able to loosen the lower part of the wheel well lining where it attaches to the bumper area and pull it aside enough to do this without taking the bumper off. I was able to get to the bolt by using a long socket extension going through the grill. It was trial and error. But I did it.

Last edited:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Mine was definitely a two conductor (prong) connector.

Just FYI... I was able to loosen the lower part of the wheel well lining where it attaches to the bumper area and pull it aside enough to do this without taking the bumper off. I was able to get to the bolt by using a long socket extension going through the grill. It was trial and error. But I did it.
Good advice. Thanks a lot. I’ll try that first

nyamwaikinn

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport(Sonic Gray)
Country flag
You will have to re use the stock bracket to mount it to the car. The Accord horn is much bigger than the stock horn so you will need to drill a hole somewhere in the middle of the bracket (Second pic). Easily 3 to 4x louder than stock horn and only $18 dollars. Due to the fact it was getting dark and I was running out of light I had to quickly finish up so left it pointing up. This is not ideal since water can get in, I suggest for those doing this point it down. I used the low tone since all trims except si have 1 connector. For si guys you can run both high and low
What drill bit to drill the stock bracket? :eek: So would the low tone horn just be enough because the 2018 civic hatch only has 1 horn

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Just ordered the low tone, hoping this works no reason it shouldn’t since the plugs on both are 2 pin. Pics below are the 2013-17 Accord upgraded horns that are standard on 2018 now

53F702F8-D94B-46E0-B924-5F02802FCE6B.jpeg
The 2018 Civic has the same horn as the 14-17 Accord?

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Why does the si get 2 horns? Does the sport touring hatch (or hatch in general) have 2 horns or one? Also I see a lot of people saying to get the low tone. Anyone have any video clips?

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also could I buy a harness from college hills honda that'll allow me to connect 2 horns? If so could I then just get the high and low tone horns form the accord and mount both? Since it seems like the hatch and si are similar enough that you can mount 2 horns without a issue

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone have a sound clip of the accords low tone horn? How loud is it compared to the horn upgrade CHH sells?