First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To tell the truth I didn’t even consider using the original bracket, probably because when I was taking the original horn off I tried removing it from the bracket while installed and I couldn’t get it off so I removed the bracket and tossed the assembly to the side.

However, the pair of horns I bought were 330 and 400 hz, the bell on the 330 is larger than the one on the 400. You used a 400 and 500 and I assume the 500 is smaller than the 400 so the 330 would be a lot larger than the 500.
As long as it holds now right?
I do remember my pair were same size, but I guess it's different with the 330+400 package, can't recall which 2, but I remember there are 2 sets that have the same spec, only one is smaller in size.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I have the CHH aftermarket dual kit on my Type R.

On Saturday, my horn cut out
*not joking or trying to be funny...

Did the horn stop working while you were using it? Or did the fuses just blow spontaneously?

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I have the CHH aftermarket dual kit on my Type R.

On Saturday, my horn cut out and my dashboard lit up with "CHARGING SYSTEM PROBLEM"

Being very nervous about this, I took it to the dealer and after a $175 diag charge they replaced the two blown underhood fuses. The "HORN" fuse and what is apparently a backup fuse.

If this happens to you, it's probably just fuses. I'd recommend anyone wanting to do this and just wants trumpets to get the Accord horns instead of the CHH aftermarket.
Make sure to check all your wiring if the fuse blew there is something wrong with the wires not the horns. I had this happen to me too , if I held down horn for 2-5 sec it would blow. So I went back and redid my wiring checking I had a good ground and all that, making sure no wires are loose. Now my horns work perfectly and hasn’t blown a fuse since.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Make sure to check all your wiring if the fuse blew there is something wrong with the wires not the horns. I had this happen to me too , if I held down horn for 2-5 sec it would blow. So I went back and redid my wiring checking I had a good ground and all that, making sure no wires are loose. Now my horns work perfectly and hasn’t blown a fuse since.
+100 for this ^^^^

Fuses are never the problem, they just help keep your car from catching on fire because of another problem.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Someone cut me off. I laid on the horn. It worked for about a second, then cut out and wouldn't work again (obviously)
I had a similar issues when I installed the pair of HellaHorns. It can be fixed one of two ways:
  • Change the 10A fuse to a 15A.. but ya could possibly burn out a BCM or something
  • Recommended * Install a relay, (fuse + wire) to power the horns directly from the battery, using the OEM horn wires to power the relay.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I had a similar issues when I installed the pair of HellaHorns. It can be fixed one of two ways:
  • Change the 10A fuse to a 15A.. but ya could possibly burn out a BCM or something.
*polite cringe

You could also start a fire. No one asked me... but please resist the temptation to just get a bigger fuse.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
*polite cringe

You could also start a fire. No one asked me... but please resist the temptation to just get a bigger fuse.
Agreed: is better to stay within recommended / allowable voltage ranges to prevent any potential issues.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I did the CollegeHillsHonda dual horn upgrade for my Si yesterday, I tried using the original brackets but the nut would literally not come off, my wrench and 6pt socket were just rounding the nut off. I used the ones in the kit but they were pretty flimsy. I'm slightly concerned that they're going to bounce around and have issues.

Here's how I mounted them. The forward one had to be bent as it was too tall.

Has anyone had issues with the flimsiness of the Wolo brackets that come in the College Hills kit? So far I haven't heard any rattling.

I made a write-up for a friend who's doing the same upgrade if anyone's interested in seeing one specific to the CHH kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade PXL_20200922_165149613

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade PXL_20200922_170753015

Last edited:

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did the CollegeHillsHonda dual horn upgrade for my Si yesterday, I tried using the original brackets but the nut would literally not come off, my wrench and 6pt socket were just rounding the nut off. I used the ones in the kit but they were pretty flimsy. I'm slightly concerned that they're going to bounce around and have issues.

Here's how I mounted them. The forward one had to be bent as it was too tall.

Has anyone had issues with the flimsiness of the Wolo brackets that come in the College Hills kit? So far I haven't heard any rattling.

I made a write-up for a friend who's doing the same upgrade if anyone's interested in seeing one specific to the CHH kit.

PXL_20200922_165149613.jpg

PXL_20200922_170753015.jpg
I can honestly say that the HellaHorn's SuperTones brackets were hard AF to bend in any way and don't wobble/flutter/wiggle, in comparison. I hope all stays well with your upgrade after all that work involved

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
Those College hills horns are not loud. Look up the Piaa twin horn set.

I actually put 3x on my car 330, 400 and 500hz. Loud as hell now.

https://www.amazon.com/PIAA-85115-Superior-Bass-Horn/dp/B0060ZB43G
Have a 10th gen EX civic, are you using all three horns on the original wiring for the single horn?

Believe the PIAA are 2.7 amps each so 3 x 2.7 = 8.1 Amps. That good enough with OEM wiring?

Found this adapter splitter which should work. Or is a relay needed?
ali express harness splitter for cicic
Sponsored

Last edited: