Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got off the phone with another dealer that I called. They have a CW coming in. Wanted $10K over MSRP, talked them down to $7,500 over MSRP, said he can probably do $5K over MSRP and asked if I would be willing to do that. I said I need closer to MSRP and I would be willing to buy an HRV as well. Gonna call me back in 30 minutes. Curious what he is gonna come back with.
Tell him you'll do 15K over, but throw in the HRV.
Sponsored

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
I was shocked how cheap the HRV actually was TBH when I built one for the wife last week. Makes sense there is barely any markup or wiggle room.
It's lame that you can't get the 6-speed with AWD though.

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was shocked how cheap the HRV actually was TBH when I built one for the wife last week. Makes sense there is barely any markup or wiggle room.
If you get the deal you asked for on the R, finish up the paper work. Then ask if you can test drive it. Take off and don't go back for the HR-V.

c0sm0s

the m0derater
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Honda Civic Type R #4026
Country flag
I'm still looking for a CW up to $5k ADM, PMM or BSB up to $2500k, Black and Red close to MSRP.

So far all the offers still $10k or more...

NV US

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Honda - Yellow Honda
I'm still looking for a CW up to $5k ADM, PMM or BSB up to $2500k, Black and Red close to MSRP.

So far all the offers still $10k or more...
Wow, people usually spend more on CW but you seem to want to spend a lot more for the other colors.

I'd suggest waiting for the color you truly love. Don't settle.

chubz79

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring, 2015 Honda Accord EX-L v6
So, how long have you worked there? :D
lol. Nah, I've been looking somewhat over the last week or so. I just ended up calling about 10 dealerships across NJ yesterday and today I got emails back from both of those dealers on pricing. I'm going to wait until next Spring or so.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
The dude I spoke with yesterday is just jerking me around now lol. Saying he can try and do this then coming back and saying we sold our PMM for over $50,000 yesterday. Personally, I don't give a flying fuck what options the other person added. I want a Type R close to MSRP, with extended warranty and a LoJack. But I ain't paying $50K for that.

He is trying to work out a deal so we will see.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The dude I spoke with yesterday is just jerking me around now lol. Saying he can try and do this then coming back and saying we sold our PMM for over $50,000 yesterday. Personally, I don't give a flying fuck what options the other person added. I want a Type R close to MSRP, with extended warranty and a LoJack. But I ain't paying $50K for that.

He is trying to work out a deal so we will see.
Well, I think we all know how this is going to end. ;)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMiQyR8

Diamond Honda on their 2nd shipment of R's

Looks like I'll have to wait till the third shipments or so to get one in cali lol.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMiQyR8

Looks like I'll have to wait till the third shipments or so to get one in cali lol.
Diamond Honda can eat a dick. The dude I spoke to was rude as shit. Their first car, the red one, sold to the dude who has been seen on social media that rolled his fenders and slapped on a set of TE 37's I believe.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag

I've noticed that TypeR's are trickling into California where everywhere else is getting 2 or 3 at a time.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Diamond Honda can eat a dick. The dude I spoke to was rude as shit. Their first car, the red one, sold to the dude who has been seen on social media that rolled his fenders and slapped on a set of TE 37's I believe.
So he basically ruined the car.
Sponsored