Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Whoa! No I still have her. Honestly after all this I was still getting some issues from them trying to stalk my facebook page and couldn't get everything privated the way I wanted so I deactivated for a bit. It's all been really stressful and awful and I just took a break from it all to try to rest. She's not going anywhere :). I'm really shy so all this mess has really just kind of overwhelmed me. I got flooded by people asking questions after. Sorry I didn't update more. I made the video private for now because I decided 28k people watching me cry was a bit much. I'm sad it came across that I was being shifty.
Glad to hear from you! This was awkward even for me since you're a fellow forum member and enthusiast and I've also done business with Jack O' Diamonds. I don't think either party is comfortable with the amount of attention received, but it comes with the territory. I'm glad you got your car on the terms originally agreed to and I hope any damage to the dealer's reputation is limited and they use this as a positive learning experience. Clearly, evidence is against the dealer. The one thing I'm on the fence about is the hundreds of negative reviews from people who have never done business with them before. I don't blame you for giving them a one-star rating, but I feel it's unfair that they received hundreds of one-star ratings from people who weren't involved in this transaction and have never or will never step into their showroom and base those reviews the business transaction of someone other than themselves.
Sponsored

ShaneP865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They might need to change the name from Diamonds to Coal

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
Glad to hear from you! This was awkward even for me since you're a fellow forum member and enthusiast and I've also done business with Jack O' Diamonds. I don't think either party is comfortable with the amount of attention received, but it comes with the territory. I'm glad you got your car on the terms originally agreed to and I'm hope any damage to the dealer's reputation is limited and they use this as a positive learning experience. Clearly, evidence is against the dealer. The one thing I'm on the fence about is the hundreds of negative reviews from people who have never done business with them before. I don't blame you for giving them a one-star rating, but I feel bad that they received hundreds of one-star ratings from people who weren't involved and have never or will never step into their showroom and base those reviews the business transaction of someone other than themselves.
I'm torn on this. I don't like how I've been getting the blame for this as I honestly did not tell people to do this. I also know they would never have gone through with it if this hadn't have happened. I think that them waiting so long to do the right thing made it snowball past the opportunity to slow that down. I also think that them sending their own people to try to combat the 1 star reviews with false 5 star reviews is when it really escalated. It wasn't handled professionally. I have no doubt that there are customers who were happy with them. But it's probably harder to rip people off with a regular civic...
Ultimately they tried to do something to one customer, and then justify that it was just one customer, and then blame me for the reaction to their poor business practices. I was basically told to sit down and shut up and deal with it. I brought the issue to light, I did not organize an attack. If you do something shady and it comes out - the blame is not on the person who says something. Had I gone and told people to do this maybe so. I honestly never expected this extent of it.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
The all-new 2017 Honda Civic Type R is here. This is a very limited edition where most dealers in the US will only receive 1 to 2 units. We are scheduled to get 8! Please contact me ASAP if you are serious about being put on the waiting list for purchasing the Type R. We have contacted all the Honda Dealers in N. CA & everyone will be selling them for $45k.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to earn your business and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
This is the BEGINNING of your VIP experience at our dealership.

Best regards,

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Mark1

Mark Wright
Internet/Fleet Sales Manager
[email protected]
Honda of Stevens Creek
4590 Stevens Creek Boulevard
San Jose, Ca 95129-1105
Cell phone and Text 408-314-3924
www.hondaofstevenscreek.com
**Sonic Price(s) valid for 48 hours, plus all applicable sales tax, license, dmv documentation fee ($80), plus any dealer installed accessories.
Sonic price includes destination charge and is valid on In-stock units only, Must have above average credit to qualify for special finance or lease rates expiring 7/5/2017.
Prices may be combined with all factory offers including special lease, finance, $500 Honda Grad Bonus, $500 Honda Military Appreciation Offer. Honda of Stevens Creek reserves the right to correct any quote sent with a price error.
Please tell us about the vehicle you may be trying to sell.
http://www.hondaofstevenscreek.com/tradein-form.htm
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Mark1

Privacy Statement

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm torn on this. I don't like how I've been getting the blame for this as I honestly did not tell people to do this. I also know they would never have gone through with it if this hadn't have happened. I think that them waiting so long to do the right thing made it snowball past the opportunity to slow that down. I also think that them sending their own people to try to combat the 1 star reviews with false 5 star reviews is when it really escalated. It wasn't handled professionally. I have no doubt that there are customers who were happy with them. But it's probably harder to rip people off with a regular civic...
Ultimately they tried to do something to one customer, and then justify that it was just one customer, and then blame me for the reaction to their poor business practices. I was basically told to sit down and shut up and deal with it. I brought the issue to light, I did not organize an attack. If you do something shady and it comes out - the blame is not on the person who says something. Had I gone and told people to do this maybe so. I honestly never expected this extent of it.
Glad you are back and you shouldn't feel bad. You did what you had to do to make them hold up their end of the deal. Business is a dirty deal, 99% of the time the dirty work happens behind closed doors, this one was in public and it was ugly. Any time Jalopnik posts a story about a bad dealer, the Kinja crew hits that dealer so hard with bad reviews and threats. There really is nothing you can do to stop it. In the end, you shouldn't stress about it, whats done is done and you have your car. Enjoy it and be happy you got the deal you wanted from the start.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I don't believe that many got it at msrp. A lot of ones who claim they did if you follow their posts end up saying they got this group.of accessories or this warrenty.. they did technically pay msrp with out markup but got stuck with accessories and warrantied so same thing as mark up.
I respectfully disagree. I got something in return for the money I paid whereas $3k got nothing except maybe if the dealer donated that $3k to charity which is highly doubtful. Not saying they did not but if they did, please share. And I saw the prices they charged for each of the items and they are near what they sell for retail.

BTW I just paid FL state tax on the $38,4 out the door and that was $2,358 and then you add registration. I can't justify paying $1,200 and some change more if I would have bought the CB CTR over at Southeastern Honda that has the purchase price of $57,4. I mean, what are these guys paying in CA after all is said in done on taxes? When I applied for my loan via my credit union they asked for MSRP and what you were putting down to equal the requested loan amount, things like taxes and registration fees should be out of pocket. My loan payment is low just like I wanted it. I would be hating myself right now if I over extended my finances to buy this car no matter how much I love it.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
There is a price quote for under MSRP. If anyone wants to take advantage of it to force them to sell you the car ..

http://www.campaign.responselogix.c...QuoteNewEmailHTML10_TroubleViewingQuote_Click
Good luck.

"ePrice:
$31,459*

*Your price quote is valid for 48 hours and does not include Dealer Installed Accessories, Tax, License, or Doc Fees. We reserve the right to modify this quote to correct arithmetic errors. Incentive and pricing programs are subject to change by the Manufacturer without notice. May have to lease or finance with American Honda Finance. We will notify you promptly if any incentive or pricing programs or other terms change."

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
@SpootyWeasel I know drama queens and attention whores and the entitled whores and IMHO you were not any of these. You were honest in your video, you did not rant/rave/cuss/etc, you had documented backup for your claim, and you were fortunate enough to catch the attention of the media in doing so. i'm glad you are back and that you have your car.

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
@SpootyWeasel I know drama queens and attention whores and the entitled whores and IMHO you were not any of these. You were honest in your video, you did not rant/rave/cuss/etc, you had documented backup for your claim, and you were fortunate enough to catch the attention of the media in doing so. i'm glad you are back and that you have your car.
Thank you, honestly that means a lot after all this.

MatadorCE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
They brought it on themselves, so don't feel bad and ignore those that are trying to make you feel bad. Some people love to stick up for who they deem to be in a position of power (in this case, the dealer), no matter how much damming evidence and fact are presented to them. As for the reviews, everyone knows those are only to be taken with a huge grain of salt and it's the stories from the real owners that matter.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Thank you, honestly that means a lot after all this.
Hi Alma! Enjoy the drive! Just be careful of the shiftknob in hot Texas weather. You might burn yourself. I did and I have blisters to show for it.:mad:
Sponsored