flashed TSP stage 1, instant issues (operator error?)

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I can't speak to the bog you're talking about but I think Map 3 targets about 24 psi and sometimes you may see an overshoot. I've hit as high as 26.3 psi.

Believe it or not nothing seems terribly wrong based on your post although a datalog would be good. Those cylinder "misfires" aren't true misfires and as long as you aren't getting tons of knocks per minute, you should be OK. In other words, 15 in 5 minutes isn't a big deal. 100 in 1 minute is.

You said you let knock get down to .55 versus .49, so are you using 93 octane? Was it very hot outside during your run?

Then you said you uploaded the factory tune and saw .80 knock control. Remember that when you upload a new tune knock control starts high. The factory tune probably just starts out that high.

BTW, knock control does slowly go down depending on how you drive while it's stabilizing. Again, normal.

To upload a log, put it in a .zip file. It can then can be uploaded that way.
hey uhhh, how tf do you put the log in a zip file?? lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
This is the datalog for a drive i did. a few small pulls but mostly the speed limit. first 2 munites ish are in the neighborhood so nothing over 30. i started the log about 3 minutes after starting my car. the misfires were on start up

Attachments

Veradian

First Name
Coleman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
i mean i hit 26 and it held at about 24 for a few seconds on stage 1. i might just be freaking out or i might be right. idk man. I might change it out just to be safe
Might change out the head gasket? I'd definitely do that compression test and/or a leakdown test first. I can't look at your logs right now since I'm at work, but keep an eye on coolant levels, temps, and your exhaust.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This is the datalog for a drive i did. a few small pulls but mostly the speed limit. first 2 munites ish are in the neighborhood so nothing over 30. i started the log about 3 minutes after starting my car. the misfires were on start up
You saved the datalog as a spreadsheet.

To make it easier for me to view/read, you need to save it in normal KTuner datalog format (.kdlg) so it can be viewed real time via the KTuner software.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
You saved the datalog as a spreadsheet. To make it easier to view/read, you need to save it in normal KTuner datalog format so it can be viewed real time via the KTuner software.
shit man this is hard lolol

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Next time try to save it as KDLG file - it just easier to see than Excel
As far as i saw you had 6 misfires - which is not a big deal, even if you will switch back to OEM you will occasionally get the same results. Plus it was only during engine start, maybe it was just fuel residuals in your cylinder from previous drive.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you will need a new engine.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Next time try to save it as KDLG file - it just easier to see than Excel
As far as i saw you had 6 misfires - which is not a big deal, even if you will switch back to you will occasionally get the same results. Plus it was only during engine start, maybe it was just fuel residuals in your cylinder from previous drive.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you will need a new engine.
bro dont do that to me dawg..... LOL

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Might change out the head gasket? I'd definitely do that compression test and/or a leakdown test first. I can't look at your logs right now since I'm at work, but keep an eye on coolant levels, temps, and your exhaust.
a little bit of coolant did come out when i changed out the DP!! but its above minimum?? would that amount that came out have an effect on the engine that bad?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be checking the datalog here shortly. My guess is based on everything you wrote, your car is perfectly fine. A split second overshoot to 26psi is absolutely not a big deal. My non-Si has gone beyond that. The misfire monitor is super sensitive and virtually any noise sets it off. Again no worries.

No offense but you seem like you're a bit of a worry-wart, so to speak. :cool:

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I'll be checking the datalog here shortly. My guess is based on everything you wrote, your car is perfectly fine. A split second overshoot to 26psi is absolutely not a big deal. My non-Si has gone beyond that. The misfire monitor is super sensitive and virtually any noise sets if off. Again no worries.
What would be the result of the EXTREMELY bogged shift into 2nd?? I mean ive been driving stick since 2007 in my miata so im pretttty sure i can shift properly. i just feel like something else is goin on man. but look at that log for me i would GREALTY appreciate it guys! sorry if i come off as a moron but im extremely new to tuning. Im a marine diesel mechanic, different motors lol

Veradian

First Name
Coleman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
a little bit of coolant did come out when i changed out the DP!! but its above minimum?? would that amount that came out have an effect on the engine that bad?
I don't think there should be any coolant coming out of things with a downpipe install. lol
Good news it's right file
Bad news - you need new engine, I'd recommend K20
I think he's telling you to get a CTR ;)

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I don't think there should be any coolant coming out of things with a downpipe install. lol

I think he's telling you to get a CTR ;)
I had to removed the coolant tank hose to remove the TIP to get to the DP. i say less than 2 cups full came out.
so hes fucking with me right??....please say right
Sponsored