MAPerformance Stage 1 vs TSP stage 1

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hey guys! I'm curious to know your opinion mostly about MAP Stage 1.
What are the strong sides of both tunes? and also if anybody had any issues with them?
Sponsored

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm currently on the TSP Stage 1 tune. Miles better than factory tune. Haven't run into any issues with it. Probably saw a small dip in MPG because of how much fun it is to step on the gas.

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I heard MAP is better for city driving more torque on lover RPM.
I currently also run TSP stage 1 fuel economy is insane usually around 37-38 miles per gallon.

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Don't laugh but can someone explain to me what they are and the difference? MAP? TSP?

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Don't laugh but can someone explain to me what they are and the difference? MAP? TSP?
it just a different companies which provide an engine tune to increase your horsepower and torque. Based on numbers TSP is more aggressive and providing more gain in performance.
One of my friends just installed MAP stage 1 which is less gain in power but claiming that itā€™s performing better for city driving, so I was trying to get more reviews from actual owners with MAP stage 1.
Also both tunes should provide better fuel economy.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have heard the quicker spool characteristics are retained more with MAP as TSP seems a smidge more linear than what the basemaps were capable of. I only have TSP so I canā€™t speak to it directly. There are old threads with one or two guys that have a comparison as I recall months back. You can compare MAPs dynos to TSPs but given theyā€™re 2 different cars on 2 different dynos... I wouldnā€™t go overboard trying to compare them. They both give substantial improvements over stock.

Derek made TSPs stage 1 tune available for sale the summer of 2018... long before MAP was selling thereā€™s. It was also the first non-basemap tune your could buy a la carte w/o having to buy a Ktuner from Vit to get his hotter tune before he left the scene. Thatā€™s why youā€™ll find a lot more TSP info and postings comparatively. I got mine back in July of ā€˜18 right after they released. I donā€™t remember seeing MAP until a year later.

Mthao22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've owned both. MAP's Tune has a lot of torque in lower RPM, it's a good tune if you want a little more zip while cruising around town. The TSP stage 1 tune, IMO really woke up the car. Under 3k rpm, theres not much happening and it feels like a normal car accelerating. However, after 3k the car pulls and the power delivery is smooth. It feels like it (the car) wants to keep going, if that makes sense. I had better gas mileage with the MAP tune, but I've more wins with the TSP tune.

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've owned both. MAP's Tune has a lot of torque in lower RPM, it's a good tune if you want a little more zip while cruising around town. The TSP stage 1 tune, IMO really woke up the car. Under 3k rpm, theres not much happening and it feels like a normal car accelerating. However, after 3k the car pulls and the power delivery is smooth. It feels like it (the car) wants to keep going, if that makes sense. I had better gas mileage with the MAP tune, but I've more wins with the TSP tune.
What level do you usually run the TSP STG 1 at? I like setting it to 2 on the RPM.

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I always drive TSP with map 3 and rarely switching to sport mod

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Thatā€™s what I mostly heard, thank you for response. I bought today MAP stage 1 so will check it out by myself

Mthao22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
What level do you usually run the TSP STG 1 at? I like setting it to 2 on the RPM.
I leave it on MAP 2 and I'm in sports mode a lot lol. I'm not pushing it, just like how the car handles with stiffer setting. Makes my groceries runs more exciting.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I leave it on MAP 2 and I'm in sports mode a lot lol. I'm not pushing it, just like how the car handles with stiffer setting. Makes my groceries runs more exciting.
I'm guessing you've upgraded your tires as well? I also plan on running map 2 regularly once I get a ktuner, but I feel like it'll just spin the stock A/S tires and I should probably get some better ones first

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Is everyone here on the stock clutch using both of these tunes? Iā€™m leaning towards MAP over TSP because of the high tq numbers hurting the stock clutch so soon. Not sure if TSP stage 1 will let my clutch last longer. I mainly commute on the highway for work, but I heard limiting boost by gear on 5th and 6th to 10psi is good for highway. Iā€™m sure driving habits make a difference in the wear and tear of the stock clutch as well, but I wanted to hear you from you guys with the tune on a stock clutch.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Is everyone here on the stock clutch using both of these tunes? Iā€™m leaning towards MAP over TSP because of the high tq numbers hurting the stock clutch so soon. Not sure if TSP stage 1 will let my clutch last longer. I mainly commute on the highway for work, but I heard limiting boost by gear on 5th and 6th to 10psi is good for highway. Iā€™m sure driving habits make a difference in the wear and tear of the stock clutch as well, but I wanted to hear you from you guys with the tune on a stock clutch.
you can stay safe with BBG but the stock clutch will fail as the torque numbers are higher than stock in any of the tunes

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
TSP stage 1 map 3 for around 4K miles already never had any issues with clutch.
Sponsored