First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I put that i didn't to come off as a dick in one of my replies boss
Yeah I know. I was actually being a dick but trying not to seem like I was being one. Boss... I like the ring of that, even if it was used as an insult...
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I know. I was actually being a dick but trying not to seem like I was being one. Boss... I like the ring of that, even if it was used as an insult...
I like calling everyone boss, no harm intended from that lol

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious, having never done a dyno tune, whether it is possible for a tuner to do a dyno run that under-reports the original performance in order to make their custom tune appear far superior?

Mad respect for DRob and those like him, but due to a mismatch of incentives, it seems like an area ripe for manipulation of results. I assume that the dyno is usually owned or manned by the tuner... who would benefit from as large a delta as possible between original and custom tuned.
There is always a chance to get screwed by someone with no integrity. It could be as simple as them not actually going WOT on the baseline pull or they could manipulate correction factors etc. These places won't stay open for long which is why its best to use reputable shops or ones that you know the character of the owner/operator. This is why people ultimately want to see 1/4 mile numbers on forums.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
What he said. Of course its possible to manipulate data, and 99% would never know. A few clicks here and there and you just lost/gained 10% power.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious, having never done a dyno tune, whether it is possible for a tuner to do a dyno run that under-reports the original performance in order to make their custom tune appear far superior?

Mad respect for DRob and those like him, but due to a mismatch of incentives, it seems like an area ripe for manipulation of results. I assume that the dyno is usually owned or manned by the tuner... who would benefit from as large a delta as possible between original and custom tuned.
Anyone can lie about pretty much anything, however, there has been lots of third party testing of the TSP1 tune that have verified the advertised power gains. Some of it can be found here within the forums if you'd like to search a bit.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
TSP stage 1 is great. Ask the Focus RS that couldn't close the gap behind me a little while back :stirthepot:

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSP stage 1 is great. Ask the Focus RS that couldn't close the gap behind me a little while back :stirthepot:
I need more details. A coworker has a stock focus RS and while I know my evo is faster it would be funny to show the civic can hang as well...

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have followed the threads and believe in DRob and the results of the TSP tunes. My reply, posted in August, was to politely nudge the accuser who stated TSP1 had advertised incorrect Dyno numbers (starting at post #59) to consider that their own tuner may have gamed the Dyno readings in their favor.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I need more details. A coworker has a stock focus RS and while I know my evo is faster it would be funny to show the civic can hang as well...
My car has a PRL intake, and TSP stage 1. It also has some lightweight wheels which also was a noticeable difference in acceleration.

Anyways, my gf and I were on a backroad cruising - coffee in hand. A white RS rolls up behind me and I could hear he had at least an intake. He kept speeding up to my bumper then would let off over and over. Finally we got to a stop sign and both of us were turning right and no cars were in sight. I turn first as I was infront of him and I got on it, spun all of 1st. I'd say I had 3 car lengths right after we turned the corner since I was ahead of him. I held that gap if not pulled slightly all the way up to around 180km/hr. My gf and I had a good laugh.

It's not the first time I've seen/heard of TSP tuned Si's hanging with an RS. I would try a 2nd gear roll. A dig is hopeless against them unless he's afraid to launch.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
This quarantine thing is dangerous . . . .giving me time to go back through old (saved) threads on tuning. :p
Sponsored