amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The numbers alone show the difference dude lmaaoo why you worried bout the percentage change
I also don't mean to be a dick but numbers change Dyno to Dyno. It's also possible the numbers would vary depending if they did their testing in the summer or winter. If you are happy with your custom tune over the tsp tune, that's cool
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Without baseline stock readings on that very dyno the results don’t mean anything. Ya the custom tune outperforms the TSP Stage 1 but that is to be expected but if you don’t know where you started
( stock) it is not a justifiable comparison.

ONEPNT5.Si

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Si
Country flag
15psi in 5th/6th gear makes perfect sense! Driving this morning i was watching how much boost the car makes (bone stock and sport mode off) in 5th/6th it was around 15 when you'd depress about 30%.
Thanks for this info man. This post may have finally pushed me over the edge to purchase Ktuner from TSP lol My clutch is all im worried about! After reading people at 5k with ktuner already having to get a new clutch? I'm over here like do people just not know how to drive stick or is that much more psi that deadly lol I had a 350z and never had a clutch replacement even at 100k. Granted totally different engine/clutch/everything but still, less than 30k on a car and you need a clutch? thats nuts!

Thanks everyone else for the info! :thumbsup:
Man, if I was home I would invite you to come drive my car. TSP Stage 1 was how the car should have came from the factory. Clutch was perfectly fine then. It was the jump to TSP Stage 2 that made my clutch start slipping about 3 months later. Don't regret it one bit. My car has a CTR clutch and flywheel in it, and soon to be GTX2860R Gen 2 when I come back home. So I'll be fine clutch-wise. It's just the stock clutch is really under-specced.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I realize that the TSP Stage 1 tune really rewards you driving in high RPM's, but I wish the sound of the car would correspond with that as well.

Given mostly stock components, what are people's recommendation of counteracting the sound of the car in high RPM? Does muffler/resonator delete help the droning (even though it obviously makes the car itself louder)? Does the K&N filter help provide more air sound that drowns out the car's sound? Or does the car sound better on the outside than I give it credit for because of what I'm hearing on the inside?

Thanks.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I realize that the TSP Stage 1 tune really rewards you driving in high RPM's, but I wish the sound of the car would correspond with that as well.

Given mostly stock components, what are people's recommendation of counteracting the sound of the car in high RPM? Does muffler/resonator delete help the droning (even though it obviously makes the car itself louder)? Does the K&N filter help provide more air sound that drowns out the car's sound? Or does the car sound better on the outside than I give it credit for because of what I'm hearing on the inside?

Thanks.
Are you on the stock exhaust? If so, stay away from Muffler/resonator delete (IMO). At the very least, keep the resonator. The resonator is designed to cancel out the high pitched frequencies that cause droning. You could install a performance exhaust, but they are expensive and the loudness and droning they introduce will become old, very fast. I have an aFe Takeda 3" Stainless Steel performance exhaust, and although it looks really cool and increases performance, it also made the car louder and caused droning at highway speeds (my passengers would comment how my car sounded like a "sports car", which is code for it's loud). I had to install a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator to finally quiet it down...you can see my thread on my journey to quiet my performance exhaust down.

If you are on the stock exhaust, my opinion is stay where you are

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are you on the stock exhaust? If so, stay away from Muffler/resonator delete (IMO). At the very least, keep the resonator. The resonator is designed to cancel out the high pitched frequencies that cause droning. You could install a performance exhaust, but they are expensive and the loudness and droning they introduce will become old, very fast. I have an aFe Takeda 3" Stainless Steel performance exhaust, and although it looks really cool and increases performance, it also made the car louder and caused droning at highway speeds (my passengers would comment how my car sounded like a "sports car", which is code for it's loud). I had to install a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator to finally quiet it down...you can see my thread on my journey to quiet my performance exhaust down.

If you are on the stock exhaust, my opinion is stay where you are
That system does not come with a resonator, correct? Just dual muffler?

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm curious, having never done a dyno tune, whether it is possible for a tuner to do a dyno run that under-reports the original performance in order to make their custom tune appear far superior?

Mad respect for DRob and those like him, but due to a mismatch of incentives, it seems like an area ripe for manipulation of results. I assume that the dyno is usually owned or manned by the tuner... who would benefit from as large a delta as possible between original and custom tuned.

CLnet2014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2018 Coupe
Country flag
Hello,

Amazing tune.
Im now 18k miles and i need a clutch :D

Other than that, its pushing hard.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That system does not come with a resonator, correct? Just dual muffler?
No it doesn't. I had to buy one and have it installed, which unfortunately voided the warranty of the exhaust

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, if I was home I would invite you to come drive my car. TSP Stage 1 was how the car should have came from the factory. Clutch was perfectly fine then. It was the jump to TSP Stage 2 that made my clutch start slipping about 3 months later. Don't regret it one bit. My car has a CTR clutch and flywheel in it, and soon to be GTX2860R Gen 2 when I come back home. So I'll be fine clutch-wise. It's just the stock clutch is really under-specced.
Oh man that would really push me over the edge haha I'll take you up on that offer if it comes to fruition

ONEPNT5.Si

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Si
Country flag
Oh man that would really push me over the edge haha I'll take you up on that offer if it comes to fruition
I'll hit you up when I get back in a couple months. Car will still be TSP2/FBO then. Hopefully by the end of this year PRL will have the electronic wastegate situation all figured out and Eman will have my built motor done.

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also don't mean to be a dick but numbers change Dyno to Dyno. It's also possible the numbers would vary depending if they did their testing in the summer or winter. If you are happy with your custom tune over the tsp tune, that's cool
I put that i didn't to come off as a dick in one of my replies boss
Sponsored