Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Ummmm ya if you have KTUNER buy this! Keeping up with 370Z on the expressway....priceless....
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Si forum.... Si yes

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Are you sure he was racing lol?

I’ve kept up with a viper but he was only going 75.

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Black smoke puffs out of the exhaust, ya he was giving it. I didn’t pull on him but he wasn’t pulling away either.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats impressive- black smoke means he was WOT probably, but you were looking at his exhaust?!?!

jkjk

Just bought ktuner, came with MAP tune, you recommend tsp? im new to hondas and this whole etuning thing. Used to put cars on dynographs back in my day, not download them like steam games

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Most guys on here if they are not running the KTuner basemaps are running TSP Stage 1 or Tsp Stage 2(flex-fuel). I thought the basemaps were really good until I flashed the TSP tune. Really woke up the top end and it drives so smooth. Very professional OTS tune that is for the most part, safe for our motors. I don’t know anything about the MAP tune so I can’t tell you how they compare.

As for looking at the Zs exhaust, I was behind him on an on-ramp, 3rd and 4th gear pull and then I let off.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thats impressive- black smoke means he was WOT probably, but you were looking at his exhaust?!?!

jkjk

Just bought ktuner, came with MAP tune, you recommend tsp? im new to hondas and this whole etuning thing. Used to put cars on dynographs back in my day, not download them like steam games

If you do a single thing to the car TSP stage 1 tune is the single best thing you can do... Not to take away from the MAP tune but the community majority agrees on TSP stage 1.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag

jkjk

Do TSP Stage 1. Made the car so much better....it's actually derivable now whereas when stock, it really felt anemic, would fall on it's face (now does that to a lesser degree on high rpm), it just never felt like it was tuned proper until TSP Stage 1. Worth every penny.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jkjk

I have TSP stage 1 and love it but...

You should at least try out the base maps and then try the MAP tune before buying the TSP tune. You may be happy with it. They do have the fastest genx Civic at the moment

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks guys, map tune came free, so im in the market for tsp- whats the big difference though? cant be more than like 5whp or lbs/tq?

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My opinion is they must be close to the same. The reason you see different dyno results could be related to what type of dyno each company uses.

I’m still waiting for someone to make a post on both tunes on one dyno with the same car.

Sxcrates

First Name
Socrates Molano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
is it possible for a tuner to dial in the TSP base tune into a custom tune?

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
My opinion is they must be close to the same. The reason you see different dyno results could be related to what type of dyno each company uses.

I’m still waiting for someone to make a post on both tunes on one dyno with the same car.
They aren't close, and we've seen real world results that prove it, as well as dyno numbers. Never seen a bone stock Si make more than 210 WHP running the normal basemaps. More than one dyno shows TSP Stage 1 making 235 + HP, which is a big difference.