First Oil Change

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
the first oil change on these is not supposed to be until 10 to 15% oil life left since the oil is specially formulated for the break in period. Don't get it changed at 5000 miles "just because"
Its not just because, its a requirement from my dealership to get it changed at 5000 to keep getting their free oil change.
Sponsored

edwanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Vehicle Showcase
Varies big time. Closest dealer to me is $40 for blend, some are $60. Synthetic higher.
Dang! My dealer told me that for the synthetic they only charged 30$ and that depending on how I drive my car it can last up to 7k miles

edwanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer here where I bought my vehicle cost $45. Not sure what oil is used, but another local dealer has on their website about $40, so I'm assuming that's the going rate around here in Jacksonville, FL.

Side note, the $45 quote from my dealer includes a car wash - which I'd probably opt out from. Their initial car wash when I bought my car wasn't all that great.
Hey the duval Honda one on cassat told me it was going to be 30$ for synthetic

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang! My dealer told me that for the synthetic they only charged 30$ and that depending on how I drive my car it can last up to 7k miles
For full synthetic, not blend? I plan on bringing my own full synthetic into the dealer, then can just charge me labor.

Looking through HondaLink, the dealer I bought from (not the dealer I'm bringing it to service for) charges $150.50 for service B (i.e., oil & filter + courtesy inspection). They prey on the stupid.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Maybe Ill check them out. I'm sure having it done there wouldn't hurt my "maintenance schedule" being documented as long as I have receipts for them. I'm always worried they'll say something down the line if I ever need warranty service since I don't do it at the dealership I bought my vehicle from.

Hey the duval Honda one on cassat told me it was going to be 30$ for synthetic

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer I bought my vehicle from was selling a maintenance package, which I declined. They handed me this 4 page packet of services they do, which broken down, supposed to save you money in the long run to get the maintenance package rather than paying the services in their maintenance schedule.

Obviously, looking at this schedule, seems way way overkill, which is the reason I opted not to get it. I mean, oil change every 3750 miles??? And some of the prices seem very well over priced.

Honda Civic 10th gen First Oil Change ima

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^Holy crap that is so overkill...I hope people don't seriously fall for that.

Coolant + tranny fluid at 15k? And the $250 difference between the 100% identical 15k and 30k services. lollllllll

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
The dealer I bought my vehicle from was selling a maintenance package, which I declined. They handed me this 4 page packet of services they do, which broken down, supposed to save you money in the long run to get the maintenance package rather than paying the services in their maintenance schedule.

Obviously, looking at this schedule, seems way way overkill, which is the reason I opted not to get it. I mean, oil change every 3750 miles??? And some of the prices seem very well over priced.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
This is hilarious.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For full synthetic, not blend? I plan on bringing my own full synthetic into the dealer, then can just charge me labor.

Looking through HondaLink, the dealer I bought from (not the dealer I'm bringing it to service for) charges $150.50 for service B (i.e., oil & filter + courtesy inspection). They prey on the stupid.
Yeow!
Last one I got from Bedard's was (I think) $29 for the same and I think wiper blades were $1 each!!!

edwanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Vehicle Showcase

Dang that's insane way too much money.

edwanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Vehicle Showcase

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Hell no!!! That's deff overkill I really feel bad for the poor ppl they catch with this crap

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
About right if you take relatively long trips 30-40 km+ and don't hammer it before the engine is warmed up. Why did you change the oil at 30%?
65kms morning and night during the week and a few 1200 km trips to Toronto and 150 km trips to Timmins.

RE: 30% - The dealer is 2.5 hours away in North Bay and I took an opportunity during a trip to Toronto to get the oil changed. 40% was my target with the 2006 Civic and it still purrs like a kitten at 315,000 kms so why change the plan. I get the first few oil changes done at the dealer so they get all their updates done. I'll soon start changing it myself as the weather warms up.
Sponsored