first oil change

GuyT

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T sport (10th-Gen)
I have civic sport 1.5T, not manual. (is it called "Automated gear" in english as well?)
my local dealrship suggested that I will do the first oil change at about 7000km.
did your local suggested the same?
when will be the second change? with the next maintnance (at 15000km)?
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
mmm Oil Questions! lol (there is only about a trillion threads out here on oil)

1) read and follow the manual - ie, there should be maintenance minder that will indicate when oil changes need to be done. the first change is when it reads 15-10%. Following that, my first oil change was around 9,000 miles (I drive mostly highway miles and those are easier on oil)

2) panic and change it whenever YOU want to change it with whatever oil you think is best.

3) Double panic and send your oil out for analysis as well

neastguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Mariner
Country flag
I just got my car yesterday and she said you should let the first oil change get down to 0% on the reminder because Honda adds something to the oil at the factory. After that she said change it whenever it gets down to 20% or below

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I just got my car yesterday and she said you should let the first oil change get down to 0% on the reminder because Honda adds something to the oil at the factory. After that she said change it whenever it gets down to 20% or below
1000 post about that.
Most answer ; change at 10 %

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, a million posts on this stuff ,but let's put it this way. If you do what the manual and maintenance minder say, then Honda can't blame you for anything that involves warranty issues that have anything to do with the oil. And believe me,they will try to do that.
Also, there was actually a bulletin from Honda on here somewhere, where it said to leave the first factory fill in as long as possible. So I let mine get to 5% on that first fill.
Just an fyi, my car was a lemon and had to be bought back from Honda, they took their good old time way past when they were supposed to have done it,and I had maintenance coming up, well I wasn't paying for an oil change for a car that was going back any day, so I let it go and I was able to drive from that 5% for about two weeks before it got to zero.
I'm not suggesting to ever do this on a car your going to keep, but if you do get down to 5% you still have a little time before doomsday,lol

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Yea, a million posts on this stuff ,but let's put it this way. If you do what the manual and maintenance minder say, then Honda can't blame you for anything that involves warranty issues that have anything to do with the oil. And believe me,they will try to do that.
Also, there was actually a bulletin from Honda on here somewhere, where it said to leave the first factory fill in as long as possible. So I let mine get to 5% on that first fill.
Just an fyi, my car was a lemon and had to be bought back from Honda, they took their good old time way past when they were supposed to have done it,and I had maintenance coming up, well I wasn't paying for an oil change for a car that was going back any day, so I let it go and I was able to drive from that 5% for about two weeks before it got to zero.
I'm not suggesting to ever do this on a car your going to keep, but if you do get down to 5% you still have a little time before doomsday,lol
Lemon huh? Damn, what happened?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lemon huh? Damn, what happened?
Its a real long story,and there are a lot of posts on here by me, look up ncds arbitration hearing if you want the full story, but short version.. Stuff wasn't working correctly or at all with the remote start, outside temp guage was reading WAY hotter than the actual temp. Ten months later and an arbitration hearing and Honda had to buy it back.