Energy Green Si, am I the only one?

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That EG is AWESOME. I would have opted for it when I got my 18 coupe if I didn’t love the Rallye Red so much. I’m 50 this winter and I’d rock the wheels off any colour car that I like. Age is but a number guys and life is for living! There is one EG in my area so I’m glad I went for the RR but when I change my 18 in a few years time, the EG will get a serious look.
Mike
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Love the green civics, and the color looks really nice with the black trim on the Si. The only two colors I would have considered for my si were the red and green, my two favorite colors. And both look killer under the sun. Unfortunately the green has been discontinued for Canada, so my choice in color was simple. But that green though...wow beautiful!

elijahw

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was a big fan of the Energy Green, especially in the original 10th gen concept images from Honda. It's a cool color.. but the red Si badges against the green paint reminded me of Christmas. I decided to go with silver because it looked great against the black grille, as well as with the red Si badges.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was a big fan of the Energy Green, especially in the original 10th gen concept images from Honda. It's a cool color.. but the red Si badges against the green paint reminded me of Christmas. I decided to go with silver because it looked great against the black grille, as well as with the red Si badges.
Pretty much the reason I stayed far away from anything red on my Si:rofl:

Jfuston

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have one. It's definitely growing on me. Won't be losing it in a parking lot.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
i see them every once in awhile. Not always an Si. It is only a coupe color.

DaGrrnch

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Pearl Type R
Country flag
I had a 2018 EGP Si but then found a sweet deal on the Sonic Pearl Type R....so then this happened ? I do miss my Grrnch every day....
Honda Civic 10th gen Energy Green Si, am I the only one? IMG_20200508_202412

Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag
Got my energy green 1 year ago, last new one available anywhere.
Dealer couldn't give it away. I offered $20000 cash, said no, but $21000 yes.
Turning 60 this week. First car was a brand new 76 Civic, 4 speed, $2939. Still have the sticker.

Honda Civic 10th gen Energy Green Si, am I the only one? IMG_20200604_193325

Greenhornet53

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I was searching for how many years Honda has made civics in Energy green and this thread popped up. I agree. Age is only a number. I bought a 2017 si specifically because of the color ( it makes me smile everytime I see it!) and I was looking for a car in a 6 speed (I love standard. More fun to drive!) and I'm 67. I love it. One of the most fun cars to drive I've ever owned.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My one Honda dealer sat on a used EGP for a long time, but when I was ready to buy it had sold a week prior. I was so upset lol. That and the yellow one are my favourites.

If they had made one in boost blue or even a bright orange, I would have done it. I’m a big fan of those bright colours.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
Well, I will admit, it was either this color or the blue Si Sedan. Well, I have been quite happy with the 2018 Civic Si Coupe Energy Green color but, I do not see many others having bought one. Anyone else around these parts own one or see them around?
I'm also in WNY. I've only seen that color a couple of times - I wonder if that's been you?

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag
What's up Honda fam! Found this thread after doing a Google search. A local dealership has a 2018 Energy Green Si Coupe for sale, but Im pretty sure they have it way overpriced. They are selling it for 27k! It's Honda Certified and in excellent condition, clean CarFax. No curb rash on any of the wheels, looks almost brand new. CarFax history looks like it was a lease and they just ended the lease after the 3 years was up. I test drove it yesterday and really love it. The color is so dope! Their out the door price was 30k! I'm in Florida so the dealer fees are ridiculous! Kelly Blue Book says clean retail for a certified vehicle like this, in this color is 25709. I think that is crazy too, wasn't that how much it was 3 years ago, brand new?? Suggestions? Lol

Last edited:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
What's up Honda fam! Found this thread after doing a Google search. A local dealership has a 2018 Energy Green Si Coupe for sale, but Im pretty sure they have it way overpriced. They are selling it for 27k! It's Honda Certified and in excellent condition, clean CarFax. No curb rash on any of the wheels, looks almost brand new. CarFax history looks like it was a lease and they just ended the lease after the 3 years was up. I test drove it yesterday and really love it. The color is so dope! There out the door price was 30k! I'm in Florida so the dealer fees are ridiculous! Kelly Blue Book says clean retail for a certified vehicle like this, in this color is 25709. I think that is crazy too, wasn't that how much it was 3 years ago, brand new?? Suggestions? Lol
In THIS market...if it's over-priced...it's only by a little. I just traded my 2017 CBP Si on a 2021 Type R in Boooooooooost Blue, and got $21,500 for it...which was about $2k less than I paid for it new. The dealers claim that to 'certify' the car, it adds another grand to the price tag. They are making a killing (but the trade in values are also higher than ever right now). Unfortunately, we are no longer in the Energy Green family, as the wife just traded her EX-L on a Mazda 3...but when we had it...we had more people strike up a conversation about it than any other vehicle we've ever owned...

My problem with buying a used 'performance' car is...you never know if some 17 yr old had it and beat the snot out of it... You could just get yours wrapped - then you'll know what you have... :eek:)

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag
In THIS market...if it's over-priced...it's only by a little. I just traded my 2017 CBP Si on a 2021 Type R in Boooooooooost Blue, and got $21,500 for it...which was about $2k less than I paid for it new. The dealers claim that to 'certify' the car, it adds another grand to the price tag. They are making a killing (but the trade in values are also higher than ever right now). Unfortunately, we are no longer in the Energy Green family, as the wife just traded her EX-L on a Mazda 3...but when we had it...we had more people strike up a conversation about it than any other vehicle we've ever owned...

My problem with buying a used 'performance' car is...you never know if some 17 yr old had it and beat the snot out of it... You could just get yours wrapped - then you'll know what you have... :eek:)

I guess I should have mentioned, I no longer have the 2017 Si Sedan. ;) I'll have to update my profile! My current vehicle is a 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan, white (long story as to how I ended up in this car from the nice 2017 Si I used to have). The Accord only has 23.8k miles on it and is in excellent condition.

The EG Si at the dealership also only has 17538 miles. I've always loved Coupes and this color just looks amazing. From what I hear, its pretty rare to find an Si Coupe in this color. I just don't think its rare enough to justify their price. I'm thinking of offering them the KBB Certified price of 25.7. Is that just insane? Should I just hold on to my Accord? I don't "need" the Si, its more of a want. :)

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I guess I should have mentioned, I no longer have the 2017 Si Sedan. ;) I'll have to update my profile! My current vehicle is a 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan, white (long story as to how I ended up in this car from the nice 2017 Si I used to have). The Accord only has 23.8k miles on it and is in excellent condition.

The EG Si at the dealership also only has 17538 miles. I've always loved Coupes and this color just looks amazing. From what I hear, its pretty rare to find an Si Coupe in this color. I just don't think its rare enough to justify their price. I'm thinking of offering them the KBB Certified price of 25.7. Is that just insane? Should I just hold on to my Accord? I don't "need" the Si, its more of a want. :)
Yeah...I've got to update the 'familiy photo', as well. I still have my '17 Si, but only for a few more days. I didn't NEED the Type R (who does, really?) but I'll be financing less for it than I did my Si, so I couldn't NOT take it. You can try offering that - all they can do is say 'NO'....but they might say yes...and you don't know unless you ask.

I had a '15 Si and traded to the '17....I thought I'd miss the Vtech, but I didn't really...and now with the CTR...the Vtech is back, so it will be awesome (except the part where I have to get a new set of rims & snow tires for winter)...

I've not seen too many EG Si, so it's not like they are common... Have you looked on autotrader to see what other ones are going for (if there are any)??

I always loved the color - when the Type R was first announced, the photo they were using was basically my wife's EX-L - EG with a fin on the rear...I kept saying I was going to get THAT...well, the CTR is quite a bit different than the EX-L, and I couldn't afford the price tag (and they never came in EG anyway)...

Anyway - I'd look around for comps and see what you find....in many cases, however, used cars are more expensive than new (which I'll never understand).
Sponsored