BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey all, just a forward to say that I'm not attempting to call anyone out or stir up trouble for any particular forum member- just making conversation based on observation while sifting through the threads. Treat this as honest conversation/PSA.

While looking through the "for sale" Type R parts sub-forum, I found two pieces of kit (Varis FRP front lip) from two different members that have the same sticker and same serial number(!).

Take a look for yourself:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/varis-arising-1-front-lip-600.79397/

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/authentic-varis-frp-lip.78087/

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw that as Im in NC. Maybe CTRFan bought it off of JoeFlacco since it's a more recent post?

OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I saw that as Im in NC. Maybe CTRFan bought it off of JoeFlacco since it's a more recent post?
Maybe, could be a possibility for sure, except the original thread is still open and the new sale is for a lesser price at a loss per previous posting. I dunno, just posting up what I see.

How much of a problem is fake Varis stuff? Not accusing either seller, just curious to know.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
One is (probably) not original.

You could call Varis and ask. Any engineering company would know if they accidentally released parts with duplicate serial numbers, or would be very interested in knowing that they might have. But, it's very unlikely they are both authentic parts. Both sellers probably think they are, but one of them isn't.

OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I gotta go and pop the hood on my car and see what the sticker looks like/says. I feel like those stickers look different, and I don't remember the misspelling: "important" instead of "imported."

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
One is (probably) not original.

You could call Varis and ask. Any engineering company would know if they accidentally released parts with duplicate serial numbers, or would be very interested in knowing that they might have. But, it's very unlikely they are both authentic parts. Both sellers probably think they are, but one of them isn't.
Or, they both could be fake. Just googling around varis labels show they typically come with a yellow and red label on all their parts. More of the same in this varis build thread: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/varis-jdm-build-thread.52350/

Not sure if they changed the labels but this is how it looks from art of attack
https://art-of-attack.com/products/varis-front-lip-spoiler-2017-civic-type-r-fk8

Honda Civic 10th gen Duplicate Varis serial numbers? Screenshot_20221207-093940

Note: can't find pics of an frp lip

Last edited:

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Or, they both could be fake. Just googling around varis labels show they typically come with a yellow and red label on all their parts. More of the same in this varis build thread: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/varis-jdm-build-thread.52350/

Not sure if they changed the labels but this is how it looks from art of attack
https://art-of-attack.com/products/varis-front-lip-spoiler-2017-civic-type-r-fk8

Screenshot_20221207-093940.png

Note: can't find pics of an frp lip
Can confirm, all Varis parts I have seen and own have come with two labels. I don't own any of the frp stuff, but I recall seeing the frp having both labels. Worst comes to worst ask for a proof of receipt from a authorized dealer.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can confirm, all Varis parts I have seen and own have come with two labels. I don't own any of the frp stuff, but I recall seeing the frp having both labels. Worst comes to worst ask for a proof of receipt from a authorized dealer.
Man even then receipts can be fraudulent and made to look legit. I unfortunately loved sneakers and have seen fake receipts from Stockx or even Foot Locker. Would Evasive even release customer receipts directly as a source of authenticity? That would be cool but I see them having no reason to do so.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I would think even in the second hand market Varis would have an interest in being able to help people verify they are buying genuine Varis parts, even used. They may not be able to help much, but they should help if they can.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Man even then receipts can be fraudulent and made to look legit. I unfortunately loved sneakers and have seen fake receipts from Stockx or even Foot Locker. Would Evasive even release customer receipts directly as a source of authenticity? That would be cool but I see them having no reason to do so.
Hard to say if you bought it in person, but they always email receipts so I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard for them to pull the invoice and show it as paid if customer allows it. Or they could probably verify order number over the phone or something. Worst comes to worst could follow up with BulletProof since that is Varis USA.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think those are counterfeit hostly just look at the weave inside here it's almost unraveling on itself...I doubt parts made in Japan would ship with this level of craftsmanship:

Honda Civic 10th gen Duplicate Varis serial numbers? FAB9F03C-BB84-45C8-A118-BE58150F3F18

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
From what I understand, the early Varis products, and those imported by an official USA dealer (typically also marked up in price) will have two labels, the red and the yellow.

If you are purchasing externally, and direct from Japan via dealers like RHDJapan, Nengun Performance, or a broker, it will most likely just have a single red label. And the red one you see in the pics above on both FRP front lips look to be the current updated format of the red label.

As for me, I purchased my rear Varis fender garnishes through RHDJapan, and it took about 3 months to get because they were made to order, and it has the single current updated format red label only.

Honda Civic 10th gen Duplicate Varis serial numbers? PXL_20220602_195157325

*Note, I trimmed my label edges because when I pulled them off for paint, the edges got a little messed up from my finger nail.
Honda Civic 10th gen Duplicate Varis serial numbers? PXL_20220702_041642275
Honda Civic 10th gen Duplicate Varis serial numbers? PXL_20220702_041659891

As far as why the FRP front lips from the two different sellers have the same serial number, I cannot answer that question. Maybe the label machine had a malfunction that day. As far as the text on the label that says "and was important by a dealer", it could be just broken English/spell check issue when they designed the label. I see this a lot on Japanese imported products.

Overall, I doubt the front lips are replicas if they were purchased externally from a Japanese dealer.

CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Maybe, could be a possibility for sure, except the original thread is still open and the new sale is for a lesser price at a loss per previous posting. I dunno, just posting up what I see.

How much of a problem is fake Varis stuff? Not accusing either seller, just curious to know.
I did buy it off of joeflacco.

I actually read your original post this time @BlueFalcon and I see why you posted it. I appreciate the fact that you pointed it out for the safety of other forum members. The others who thought it was fake 😊
Sponsored

Last edited: