Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
I was searching Honda's interactive network last night at work (it was a crazy slow day) in an attempt to find what the serial numbers are going to be like for the 2018 Type Rs. There are currently about twenty 2018 Type Rs on the ground in Florida.

I searched every single dealership website for pictures of their Type Rs and out of all the dealerships only ONE had actual pictures taken of their car online. Of course there was no picture of the serial number :mad: (Brandon Honda in Florida).

I know the speculation of what the Integra Type Rs did after the first year they were here in the US, but I'm not interested in speculation. If it's slow again today I plan on calling that dealership and asking. Just wanted to see if anyone had seen an 18 yet and got a chance to look at the serial number.

Thanks guys. Eagerly waiting for my CW 2018 next month
Sponsored

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
I was searching Honda's interactive network last night at work (it was a crazy slow day) in an attempt to find what the serial numbers are going to be like for the 2018 Type Rs. There are currently about twenty 2018 Type Rs on the ground in Florida.

I searched every single dealership website for pictures of their Type Rs and out of all the dealerships only ONE had actual pictures taken of their car online. Of course there was no picture of the serial number :mad: (Brandon Honda in Florida).

I know the speculation of what the Integra Type Rs did after the first year they were here in the US, but I'm not interested in speculation. If it's slow again today I plan on calling that dealership and asking. Just wanted to see if anyone had seen an 18 yet and got a chance to look at the serial number.

Thanks guys. Eagerly waiting for my CW 2018 next month
They're not going to be low, that's for sure.

Boy I wish I had access to HIN so I could see where the hell my car is.. They say it's been at the Brunswick, GA port for a week now. :(

I signed a deal for a 2018 delivered from Georgia and then suddenly my local dealership had one in the lot. Ugh.

On the bright side, not a soul will have sat in my car other than the guys who unload it from the truck.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
On the bright side, not a soul will have sat in my car other than the guys who unload it from the truck.
Your forgot the US guy that unloaded it from the boat. And ofcourse the UK chaps from the factory, truck to the boat and the chap loading it on the boat. LOL :p

OP
OP
Brapdon

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag

Boy I wish I had access to HIN so I could see where the hell my car is.. They say it's been at the Brunswick, GA port for a week now. :(

I signed a deal for a 2018 delivered from Georgia and then suddenly my local dealership had one in the lot. Ugh.

I might be able to help you man. What dealership and state are you getting your car from?

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
Yeah and all the stupid dealers test driving them and beating the sh*t out of them pre break-in.
Well, that's the one thing I hope I don't have to worry about with mine because the day it arrives at the dealership is the day it goes on the truck and comes to me.

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
It looks like these are the only 2018s in transit right now

20171114_160344.jpg

20171114_160344.jpg
Mucho thanks for checking.. that's weird since the public Honda site shows it in transit
https://automobiles.honda.com/tools...ehiclemodelseries=civic-type-r&modelyear=2018

Maybe it just got there today? :dunno:

They were saying they had the actual location of it being in the Brunswick, GA port.. maybe HIN only shows it up until that point? :hmm:

There's also a lot of other dealers showing up on their site that aren't those three.. dafuq

Blackhat

Banned
Banned
First Name
Type R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R
not sure why anyone cares to have such a low number , i thought it was cool when the car first came out now it might be best to get a higher number/vin due to issues being reported on early builds

i doubt the lower number will fetch more money unless you are in the top 10

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag

Same thing happened to me. I'm in Huntsville, Alabama. I believe mine sat in Georgia for a little over two weeks before it began its journey here. No idea why it sat for so long.

Since this thread is about serial numbers...
I ordered mine sometime in early September/late August iirc and got mine on Friday the 13th in October. I ended up having a fairly low number of 137. As late in the game as I got mine I figured it would have been somewhere in the quadruple digits and not triple digits. Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to when the cars are being shipped and does the serial numbers play a role in this? It's as if some cars that are made are sat aside and some of the later ones are shipped before the earlier ones:dunno:

Blackhat

Banned
Banned
First Name
Type R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R
Same thing happened to me. I'm in Huntsville, Alabama. I believe mine sat in Georgia for a little over two weeks before it began its journey here. No idea why it sat for so long.

Since this thread is about serial numbers...
I ordered mine sometime in early September/late August iirc and got mine on Friday the 13th in October. I ended up having a fairly low number of 137. As late in the game as I got mine I figured it would have been somewhere in the quadruple digits and not triple digits. Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to when the cars are being shipped and does the serial numbers play a role in this? It's as if some cars that are made are sat aside and some of the later ones are shipped before the earlier ones:dunno:
just curious is yours PMM?

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Well, that's the one thing I hope I don't have to worry about with mine because the day it arrives at the dealership is the day it goes on the truck and comes to me.
Unfortunately that it quite correct.