Do you wish you had gotten a higher trim?

Do you regret not getting a higher trim?

• Total voters

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Ext and touring has the same engine. No point of getting anything higher.
Sponsored

thewalrus

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (6pd); 2019 Honda Fit
Country flag
I went with the Sport Touring (6-speed). I'm happy with that. I was very - very - tempted by the Type-R. But the increased fuel consumption and purchase price turned me away. So far I'm having as much fun in this car as I imagine I would have in the Type R. Fortunately I'll probably never drive a Type R and figure out how wrong that perspective is.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I went with the Sport Touring (6-speed). I'm happy with that. I was very - very - tempted by the Type-R. But the increased fuel consumption and purchase price turned me away. So far I'm having as much fun in this car as I imagine I would have in the Type R. Fortunately I'll probably never drive a Type R and figure out how wrong that perspective is.
+ you get that leather interior

Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Back in 2017 I got the EX-T coupe but what I really wanted was an SI. Lots has changed since then and just this week I traded my '17 for a 2020 Coupe SI! Couldn't be happier :D

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Back in 2017 I got the EX-T coupe but what I really wanted was an SI. Lots has changed since then and just this week I traded my '17 for a 2020 Coupe SI! Couldn't be happier :D
Did you have mods up until the point in which you traded it in for the SI?? And how far have you gotten in terms of paying off the EX-T? If you don’t mind. I have a 2017 EX-T Sedan and been wanting to trade in for a SI but I’m not sure if it’s a right time for me personally. I’ve put a lot into my car but I am still wanting the SI

Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you have mods up until the point in which you traded it in for the SI?? And how far have you gotten in terms of paying off the EX-T? If you don’t mind. I have a 2017 EX-T Sedan and been wanting to trade in for a SI but I’m not sure if it’s a right time for me personally. I’ve put a lot into my car but I am still wanting the SI
Only cosmetic mods, I didn't want to put too much into it as I knew eventually I was getting that SI. I took good care of it and had really low mileage (20k k/m) so they basically offered me what I had left to pay on it. "Broke even" I guess..

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only cosmetic mods, I didn't want to put too much into it as I knew eventually I was getting that SI. I took good care of it and had really low mileage (20k k/m) so they basically offered me what I had left to pay on it. "Broke even" I guess..
Sounds good. Might look into trading in within a couple of Months but I would have to revert to stock and do some number crunching

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
well now, just this morning found a upper trim level item i'm glad i got. really.- infinite adjustable intermittent wipers, both the lx's i had only had a single setting that i found too long between stokes. not a deal changer but nice to have.

dsegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Pilot, 2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring MT6
Country flag
I just traded a 2017 EX-T with manual 6 for a 2020 Sport Touring hatch with MT6. The new car is everything I wanted feature-wise, but I still wish I had some of the Si hardware (LSD, suspension, more power). I'm adding a TSP Stage 1 tune in a bit so that will help. The reason I got this model instead of an Si is that I really wanted a hatchback.

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback 6M
Country flag

TheCarpooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring. 24,144th Touring Sedan out of the Indiana plant in 2016.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the Touring package when I bought my 2016, loved it then, my son loves it now. He inherited the Civic, I bought a 2019 CRV Touring. Another fabulous vehicle.

thewalrus

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (6pd); 2019 Honda Fit
Country flag
I just traded a 2017 EX-T with manual 6 for a 2020 Sport Touring hatch with MT6. The new car is everything I wanted feature-wise, but I still wish I had some of the Si hardware (LSD, suspension, more power). I'm adding a TSP Stage 1 tune in a bit so that will help. The reason I got this model instead of an Si is that I really wanted a hatchback.
Sounds like you went through exactly the same thought process I did. If I had my choice, I'd have gone for a Hatch Si. Since that doesn't exist, the Sport Touring was what I ended up with - a little extra horse power over the regular Civic, and (I believe) a different, slightly sportier, suspension set up was nice - and the hatchback was the deciding factor over the Si Sedan. Particularly the fact that we could get our running stroller in the back without taking off its wheels - that's a huge luxury. That said, I'm going to miss the subtle, additional, performance tweaks in the Si.

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, Red Stripe Speedline Wheels, Built 2-2019, Followed me home 5-26-2019
Country flag
Had to make a 90 mile trip each way to get exactly what I wanted, but very glad I did!

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you wish you had gotten a higher trim? IMG_6356e
Sponsored