Do you wish you had gotten a higher trim?

Do you regret not getting a higher trim?

• Total voters

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I picked up a Canadian LX mainly because I wanted to get a rear hitch installed. I have some small gripes but not enough to regret going with the lower trim.

I was surprised on the first rainy night when I realized that I didn't have the variable intermittent wiper lol. I honestly thought that was a standard thing.... and then there wasn't even a seatback pocket! WHAT?!

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2020 (Her name is V)
Country flag
I regretted not getting a higher trim on my last car (Peugeot 207), I still, to this day, do not know why I didn't go one trim higher to get a damn color screen...

With the Civic Hatch I'm getting next week I went with the highest package which is Sport Plus in Slovenia (or Prestige, but you lose all the Sport Trim Pieces, the dual exhaust and get leather and 2 interior color options), on top of that because I had massive FOMO, I then added some additional trim pieces you don't get in any package like the LED interior ambience lights and the bigger spoiler.

PS. If I missed any other trim pieces please don't tell me, ignorance is bliss...

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahh ok. I’ve got a EX-T and had hoped to get an SI but at the time, they’re weren’t any and I was in need of a car so I just went for it. I didn’t really dig the Touring even though it came with a lot of goodies

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
If the EX came in a manual I would have gotten that instead of the touring HB.

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
yes. mostly because the sport touring and sensing werent out yet for the hatchbacks, so i got the highest trim at the time: EX-L (NAVI).

really want sensing above all.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2017 EX-T sedan, so I got the engine that I wanted, but sometimes I wish I got a Sport Touring because of the more aggressive design (i.e. exposed exhaust). But at the end of the day I am still content with my trim. An Accord Sport 2.0, though, is definitely on my to-get-next list.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
In my 9th gen I did. After a few months of owning my 2014 EX Sedan I really lusted for the SI. Looking back I'm glad I didn't since I'm where I am now.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
on my third genx and trim level was not the consideration when purchasing. except the si. but i could do nicely without all the extra stuff on it, no not the drive train. all mine have been =16 lx sedan,17 lx hatch,19 si coupe= 0 401k. the hondas did not kill the 401k but it got me in the habit of withdrawing it.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
on my third genx and trim level was not the consideration when purchasing. except the si. but i could do nicely without all the extra stuff on it, no not the drive train. all mine have been =16 lx sedan,17 lx hatch,19 si coupe= 0 401k. the hondas did not kill the 401k but it got me in the habit of withdrawing it.
If you are younger than 25 years old, whatever. But if you aren’t, chill out dude. Enjoy the car you got. There will always be a better car that comes out the next year or two. Put as much into your 401k as you can, and pretend that fucker doesn’t even exist.

i cant disagree with the black SI coupe though...

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
me no longer a dude, @ 67. did not think i gave the impression i was pissed, not at all. each and every tenth gen iv'e had has been a pleasure. there is no other car i'd rather get than the civic. as far as the 401k it really died in 2008. never really gained a dime since then,
Sponsored