Wish the manuals had adaptive cruise

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I wonder if I can go up to Ontario and buy one and bring it back, haha.
There's another thread on here, sorry can't remember which, where some people were actually mulling it over. But as I read, there are SO many hoops to jump through, between Honda Canada, Honda US, and both Canadian and American governments, and at that it might not be guaranteed for approval.

On top of that, at least one of the requirements you'd have to get retrofitted would be to install TPMS, as it's not mandated here in Canada, but it is in the US.
Sponsored

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
I think there is some agreement with honda canada and america about warranty issues... I want to retro fit TPMS on my car too........ Is the us spec TPMS has built tire pressure indication in the display?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I couldn't handle that. Probably just depends on where you drive though.
I drove my civic on the highway only once in 11000 km:p usually I only drive it in city traffic, so even if it is easy and cheap to add cruise buttons and wiring (80$) i don't feel i need it

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I think there is some agreement with honda canada and america about warranty issues... I want to retro fit TPMS on my car too........ Is the us spec TPMS has built tire pressure indication in the display?
Nope, because it doesn't use pressure sensors inside the wheel. It infers which tire is going flat by sensing that it's spinning faster than the other three tires (flat tire = smaller effective diameter, because it's getting squished more).

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
Nope, because it doesn't use pressure sensors inside the wheel. It infers which tire is going flat by sensing that it's spinning faster than the other three tires (flat tire = smaller effective diameter, because it's getting squished more).
Oh that is really cheap design....... I guess I need to put in my own sensor..

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Oh that is really cheap design....... I guess I need to put in my own sensor..
Maybe cheap, but possibly less troublesome, and easier (and cheaper) to deal with when changing tires and/or wheels.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So basically you are saying that if you are too lazy to actually pay attention to the road then you should get adaptive cruise?
Well we do have a camera on the passenger side mirror. People are gonna get too used to it then when they drive a different car they'll all forget to check their blind spots and hit other cars.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
My civic is a Manual and it does come with adaptive cruise control
Same here, adaptive cruise control is standard on all grades. The only thing that is missing is the low speed assis or whatever it is called (because it is not cvt)
Looks like europe gets some nice toys on their civics, including blind spot/crossing detection, and traffic sign recognition. I wish we had that as an option

https://www.automotiveworld.com/new...dvanced-active-safety-technology-civic-range/

http://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/78085/all-new-2017-civic-hatchback

I like what all of you are saying. If you guys have any access to Honda diagrams, or know where I can locate them, I'm in the process of trying to figure out feasibility of retrofitting some of this stuff into my CTR. I also need a website like this one - https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.co...ING)&catcgry4=KACVT&catcgry5=WIRE+HARNESS+(4) - where I can look at parts diagrams etc.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Adaptive cruise makes no sense on a manual as the car can't downshift itself. What would happen if the car suddenly slammed on brakes to avoid another vehicle? You stall out in the middle of the freeway or a busy road?

Arkbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
Adaptive cruise makes no sense on a manual as the car can't downshift itself. What would happen if the car suddenly slammed on brakes to avoid another vehicle? You stall out in the middle of the freeway or a busy road?
You can have adaptive cruise control without low speed follow. As long as you're in say 4, 5, or 6 then you don't need to shift if that's the gear you want to leave it in while you cruise.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can have adaptive cruise control without low speed follow. As long as you're in say 4, 5, or 6 then you don't need to shift if that's the gear you want to leave it in while you cruise.
But you CAN shift without the need to activate the ACC again, it doesn't stop but keeps on going.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
It's a feature in EU even on the Type R.
Sponsored