What features do you wish the Civic had?

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Just looking to see what features you wish your car had compared to others in the same class. I have a couple.

1. Heads up display. This seems to be really common in newer cars.

2. Sport mode did more than just changed gear ratios. Maybe if it made the suspension tighter, or the steering tighter too.

3. LED headlights that turn as you turn the steering wheel. They had this in the new Mazda 3 and thought it was pretty cool. Same time I wish I had LED headlights even. Not sure what Honda was thinking putting Halogens in a new car. Come on now.
Sponsored

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
Just looking to see what features you wish your car had compared to others in the same class. I have a couple.

1. Heads up display. This seems to be really common in newer cars.

2. Sport mode did more than just changed gear ratios. Maybe if it made the suspension tighter, or the steering tighter too.

3. LED headlights that turn as you turn the steering wheel. They had this in the new Mazda 3 and thought it was pretty cool. Same time I wish I had LED headlights even. Not sure what Honda was thinking putting Halogens in a new car. Come on now.
I totally agree with #3. The Corolla hatchback XSE has this feature as well. It's a really nice feature and very practical, it makes turning into dark roads and making u-turns at night a lot safer. I just installed some LED low beams replacing my halogens and it's so much better. If anyone wants to upgrade I recommend Boslla minimal H11. The driver is built in and it's plug and play, very easy to install.

I also think

1. Since it's a digital display, option to toggle between a numbered speedometer and a gauged speedometer. I miss the old gauged speedometer because it was easier to visibly see how fast the needle was moving in order to gauge your acceleration better. WIth the numbers just changing from 0-60 when the numbers are climbing I can't really gauge how fast I'm accelerating when it's just numbers on a screen changing. Having the option to switch between the two will please both sides who prefer one of the other.

2. A lock on the glovebox. I got used to using a locked glovebox on my 2004 Jetta for an added layer of protection when you have to leave something valuable in the car.

3. I have the sedan but I would have preferred the hatchback. I chose the sedan because of the engine but I wish there was a hatchback with the 2.0L engine with no turbo or GDI. That cargo space is so nice, you could even sleep in the back with the seats down on the hatchback. Very spacious and practical.

4. It would have been nice if the base model LX had an actual display. I don't mind having a phone holder thing on my air vent and looking at my phone for google maps but it would have been really nice if it had been included on the 2020 lx model. It is 2020 and I feel it should be standard. Once warranty is over I'll be putting in an android display eventually but I'm a bit paranoid messing something up and avoiding the warranty at the moment.

Everything else I love about the civic.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Heated steering wheel would be very nice. My Acura MDX has one and it’s amazing

2. Wireless Apple CarPlay. Canadian Si’s come standard with wireless charging but since you have to plug in your phone to use Apple CarPlay it seems like a waste of an option.

3. Hatchback Si. For obvious reasons.

4. Leather interior for Si’s. I love the seats but sometimes I wish they came stock leather or even better leather with alcantara/cloth inserts.

5. Ventilated seats. I mean having a cold ass in the middle of summer is very nice.

6. Glove box that doesn’t just drop open. Would have been better to have a damper that slowly opens it.

7. Heated windshield wipers. For cold frozen mornings.

smc363

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
1. Would gladly exchange the heated rear seats for a heated steering wheel. In a little over a year and change, I've had maybe 3 rear seat passengers and maybe one put the heated seat on.

2. Intermittent wipers on models with rain sense wipers. I would love to have the option to control the speed between off, completely random and erratic, and on.

3. Blind Spot monitoring. LaneWatch is fantastic and I love it, but having a little reminder someone is there without pressing a button (on either side!) is welcomed.

There are a few more nit picky things, but those are my top three.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
1. Sunroof on the Type-R
2. Traction control disabled from default
3. CD player

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wish it had a more traditional blind spot monitor setup along with a rear cross traffic alert. Lanewatch is just "meh". A damped, lighted glovebox would have been nice. All LED lighting. Heated steering wheel.

But overall, for the money, the Civic has very good features.

My issue with my car goes in a different direction. It's not so much the features it doesn't have, it's all the features it has that I don't like ...

Features like soft easily chipped paint, rattles, thin sheetmetal and big panel gaps. :cool:

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I totally agree with #3. The Corolla hatchback XSE has this feature as well. It's a really nice feature and very practical, it makes turning into dark roads and making u-turns at night a lot safer. I just installed some LED low beams replacing my halogens and it's so much better. If anyone wants to upgrade I recommend Boslla minimal H11. The driver is built in and it's plug and play, very easy to install.

I also think

1. Since it's a digital display, option to toggle between a numbered speedometer and a gauged speedometer. I miss the old gauged speedometer because it was easier to visibly see how fast the needle was moving in order to gauge your acceleration better. WIth the numbers just changing from 0-60 when the numbers are climbing I can't really gauge how fast I'm accelerating when it's just numbers on a screen changing. Having the option to switch between the two will please both sides who prefer one of the other.

2. A lock on the glovebox. I got used to using a locked glovebox on my 2004 Jetta for an added layer of protection when you have to leave something valuable in the car.

3. I have the sedan but I would have preferred the hatchback. I chose the sedan because of the engine but I wish there was a hatchback with the 2.0L engine with no turbo or GDI. That cargo space is so nice, you could even sleep in the back with the seats down on the hatchback. Very spacious and practical.

4. It would have been nice if the base model LX had an actual display. I don't mind having a phone holder thing on my air vent and looking at my phone for google maps but it would have been really nice if it had been included on the 2020 lx model. It is 2020 and I feel it should be standard. Once warranty is over I'll be putting in an android display eventually but I'm a bit paranoid messing something up and avoiding the warranty at the moment.

Everything else I love about the civic.
I don’t think Honda can void the warranty for changing the radio at least on the lx. Those don’t have diagnostic functions. You should be fine as long you don’t do a complete rewiring of the speakers to run on an amp.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
I wish the sport hatch had heated seats - at least as an option - or the SI came in a hatch. All I really wanted was a fun hatch that's a 6-speed and heated seats are a necessity where I live. I know I could move up to the sport touring but that has a lot of stuff I don't care about and the manual on that is as hard to find as unicorn farts.
A better (more responsive) head unit would be great.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wish the sport hatch had heated seats - at least as an option - or the SI came in a hatch. All I really wanted was a fun hatch that's a 6-speed and heated seats are a necessity where I live. I know I could move up to the sport touring but that has a lot of stuff I don't care about and the manual on that is as hard to find as unicorn farts.
A better (more responsive) head unit would be great.
Plus the Sport hatch doesn't even have heated side mirrors which are pretty much standard on most cars these days.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A 2.0t in the Si, would have been more fun but ultimately, would be considerably more expensive :cry:

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
1) ventilated seats and heated steering wheel
2) seat lumbar support and adjustable passenger seat. Few passengers complained too low.
3) more soft touch material throughout, would've paid more for that. Same with sound deadening.
4. Better paint quality.
5. Manual available for all trims.
6. Side turn signal mirrors. Most compact have them already.
Sponsored