CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

childishthing

Chief Hamster Wrangler
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (sold), 2018 Civic Type R (sold), 2020 Civic Si (current)
Country flag
I am currently seeking a Type R in RR or ABM.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I am currently seeking a Type R in RR or ABM.
I would suggest checking in Washington, because I'm guessing the CW you found is in Eugene, which is the only other place I can find a CTR in OR (I was looking for a buddy).

Honda of Renton up here has 1 in stock, and I believe it's RR (doing a bad job of remembering, sorry). There was one in South Tacoma, but I don't see it listed any more. I got a lot of information from David Marker @ Honda of Seattle who did a search in all of WA & OR for new '17/18 CTRs. That's all he came up with, and none in-transit.

No idea on ADM, but I'm guessing you will encounter it but should haggle (it's end of month, prime time for haggling!)

They are getting quite rarer as time goes on.

|-Goku-|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed3
Country flag
I would suggest checking in Washington, because I'm guessing the CW you found is in Eugene, which is the only other place I can find a CTR in OR (I was looking for a buddy).

Honda of Renton up here has 1 in stock, and I believe it's RR (doing a bad job of remembering, sorry). There was one in South Tacoma, but I don't see it listed any more. I got a lot of information from David Marker @ Honda of Seattle who did a search in all of WA & OR for new '17/18 CTRs. That's all he came up with, and none in-transit.

No idea on ADM, but I'm guessing you will encounter it but should haggle (it's end of month, prime time for haggling!)

They are getting quite rarer as time goes on.
Anything in Washington will be 5+ over.

childishthing

Chief Hamster Wrangler
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (sold), 2018 Civic Type R (sold), 2020 Civic Si (current)
Country flag
I just called Renton and asked if they had one, and they did not. I asked if they had any coming in, and the guy replied "we're charging $5k over MSRP, is that okay with you?"
I said "of course not, but I don't need to discuss price now" to which he said "we're not negotiable on price"
I had to argue with him just for him to take my phone number and let me know what they have.

I wonder, what have most of your interactions been like on the phone with dealers? I felt like I was being treated rudely. And I know he's not going to call me back.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I just called Renton and asked if they had one, and they did not. I asked if they had any coming in, and the guy replied "we're charging $5k over MSRP, is that okay with you?"
I said "of course not, but I don't need to discuss price now" to which he said "we're not negotiable on price"
I had to argue with him just for him to take my phone number and let me know what they have.

I wonder, what have most of your interactions been like on the phone with dealers? I felt like I was being treated rudely. And I know he's not going to call me back.
Ugh, I didn't deal with Renton, but that sounds like my experience on the phone with Honda of Seattle (who I did not buy from). In person is always better, but that's rather difficult to go to another state just to see if you can get it for the price you want.

I wish I knew what to tell you to try and find a deal, but really it's about being persistent, having good timing, and being lucky. Good luck

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
Ugh, I didn't deal with Renton, but that sounds like my experience on the phone with Honda of Seattle (who I did not buy from). In person is always better, but that's rather difficult to go to another state just to see if you can get it for the price you want.

I wish I knew what to tell you to try and find a deal, but really it's about being persistent, having good timing, and being lucky. Good luck
That stinks

Razal85

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR (Championship White) R-13444
Based on this thread, looks like I picked a perfect time to join the forums and ask if anyone has any leads on a CW @ MSRP in the PNW (live in the Seattle area). :coffee:

Anyways, leads appreciated. Ideally within maybe a day's road trip from Seattle?

porkiporki

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Country flag
Looking for CW in SoCal or willing to travel, thx in advance

maverick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag

Honda of Seattle wasn't even great when I went in. I had called, went in to talk to them, asked for an email with their final cost (they were all busy with other sales), and never got back to me. Got mine in Ohio. On the other hand, I've gone to their parts department a couple times and they've been pleasant to work with. Heard the service department is okay too, so I'll probably bring my car there for services for now.

maverick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
Based on this thread, looks like I picked a perfect time to join the forums and ask if anyone has any leads on a CW @ MSRP in the PNW (live in the Seattle area). :coffee:

Anyways, leads appreciated. Ideally within maybe a day's road trip from Seattle?
Best price I had found around here was at Lynnwood Honda, with a $3,500 markup in January. The rest of the dealers were all charging no less than $5,000 over. This was several months ago though.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
Best price I had found around here was at Lynnwood Honda, with a $3,500 markup in January. The rest of the dealers were all charging no less than $5,000 over. This was several months ago though.
Seems like some dealers are starting to lower their asking prices lately. I wish they would all just sell them for msrp
Sponsored