jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
yes it would void warranty since it is not a Honda product that you put on the car.
Under what grounds would an aftermarket intake system void the warranty?

If the intake is the root of the problem then yes, other than that no.
Sponsored

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag

If you blow the engine they will absolutely not warranty it If they knew it ever had a Cai installed.

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Over the years I've had SRI's and CAI's. Cold air intakes just perform better and are worth the difference.

On the other hand I've enjoyed the louder SRI sound, cheaper cost and nice underhood bling, too.

Either way, like I said before, by itself the gains from an intake aren't big at all.

Having said that, I think the 27Won intake gives you the best of both worlds and looks amazing.
After installing would you need a tune? is there any worry of it running lean or would you be fine?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
After installing would you need a tune? is there any worry of it running lean or would you be fine?
For a RACE maf intake yes but if you're running STREET no

However feel free to run a basemap or OTS for the street maf if you second doubts

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you are using an intake with a stock or street type MAF, no tune is needed. A race MAF would require some scaling to get fuel trims properly dialed in.

But like I always say, if you want real performance gains do a tune first. Intakes by themselves are a nice mod but it will be mostly sound. On the other hand, if you have an intake AND a tune, that's a great little combo and those lower IAT's will make a difference.

Last edited:

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
If you blow the engine they will absolutely not warranty it If they knew it ever had a Cai installed.
If the intake caused the engine to blow then yeah obvi Honda wouldn't warranty that

Majority of the blown engines I've seen on the X gen are not intake related

sguler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Sport Plus
Country flag

If you will have a engine problem, even it is not directly related to the intake, they can easily blame the aftermarket non Honda part and not cover under warranty.

These companies do not even cover for their own mistake until a big legal case comes up.
let alone the after market part on the engine.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
If you will have a engine problem, even it is not directly related to the intake, they can easily blame the aftermarket non Honda part and not cover under warranty.

These companies do not even cover for their own mistake until a big legal case comes up.
let alone the after market part on the engine.
See my reply here.

I've been with Honda for nearly 3.5 (2 corp/1.5 dealer) and I haven't seen an aftermarket intake system being the issue, besides not being installed properly.

Would I recommend "flashing" or "converting" back to stock prior to your service? No. If you have free time then go for it but irl you're just wasting your time. Especially if the service is a non electrical issue, the tech won't be using your OBDII port

OP
OP
White fk7

White fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the intake caused the engine to blow then yeah obvi Honda wouldn't warranty that

Ok cool so ill be fine running a 27won cai say with no tune if I desid

[/QUOTE
I installed the HPS CAI myself, they include instructions with their products. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I can't comment on installation for someone with no experience. My best advice would be to watch a couple videos on CAI installs for the 10th gen to determine if you'd be up to par for the job.

Here is an example (similar intake piping route), although I do NOT vouch for this Injen product:

For the HPS CAI I did not remove the bumper. The lower tube and filter were installed by dropping the driver side fender liner. I also did not have to relocate anything in the vicinity, just remove the stock airbox components.
Would I have to relocate anything on my hatchback since
See my reply here.

I've been with Honda for nearly 3.5 (2 corp/1.5 dealer) and I haven't seen an aftermarket intake system being the issue, besides not being installed properly.

Would I recommend "flashing" or "converting" back to stock prior to your service? No. If you have free time then go for it but irl you're just wasting your time. Especially if the service is a non electrical issue, the tech won't be using your OBDII port
so would that go the same way with the cai or short ram if ur there for other work they basically aren’t looking at things only what ur there for ?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
@White fk7 - Since you're in Canada if you want a cold air, 27won is your best bet without relocating your windshield washer tank. All you need to do is remove the stock intake system.

As long as you are running a Street MAF housing you do not require a tune

I would advise against Injen

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
@White fk7 - Since you're in Canada if you want a cold air, 27won is your best bet without relocating your windshield washer tank. All you need to do is remove the stock intake system.

@White fk7 THIS. Everything he says in this post is in your best interest especially if you have limited mechanical experience. Pictures posted in my previous replies were intended to give you an idea of the piping navigation found on similar CAI.

However, if you are determined to run a CAI (which routes the filter under the driver side headlight) this post illustrates the tedious work involved.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...stall-usdm-washer-reservoir-conversion.20598/

IMHO; although the 27WON may be higher priced in comparison to competitors, products they engineer are thoroughly researched, developed, and tested. They have excellent blog write ups and offer the community exceptional customer service.
https://www.27won.com/

I wish I had the extra $$$ to purchase some of their products. I received my HPS CAI as a gift from a friend who works in the automotive industry.

OP
OP
White fk7

White fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Alright
@White fk7 THIS. Everything he says in this post is in your best interest especially if you have limited mechanical experience. Pictures posted in my previous replies were intended to give you an idea of the piping navigation found on similar CAI.

However, if you are determined to run a CAI (which routes the filter under the driver side headlight) this post illustrates the tedious work involved.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...stall-usdm-washer-reservoir-conversion.20598/

IMHO; although the 27WON may be higher priced in comparison to competitors, products they engineer are thoroughly researched, developed, and tested. They have excellent blog write ups and offer the community exceptional customer service.
https://www.27won.com/

I wish I had the extra $$$ to purchase some of their products. I received my HPS CAI as a gift from a friend who works in the automotive industry.
alright if I do get one that’s what I’ll end up gettin thanks , to be honest I just mostly want it for sound lol

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Alright

alright if I do get one that’s what I’ll end up gettin thanks , to be honest I just mostly want it for sound lol
No prob, check this video out... Warning: there is a lot of talking to fast forward through.