Short Ram Air Intake

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the PRL short ram intake and was also initally concerned about the intake temps while living in Florida. If you are sitting in traffic and not moving at all the intake will get very hot, but this is also true of the stock intake. Once you get moving about 15 mph IAT temps come down and intake temps are about the same as with the stock exhaust. As far as noise the PRL SRI is way louder than stock, makes a really nice whooshing sound when hard on the throttle. Did it give me any performance gains? Maybe a tiny bit. Does it make an awesome sound? Yes. If you want it for the sound then buy it. If you want it for performance gains then it is not worth it at all. If you want it for performance KTuner is a 100x better value for hp/dollar.
Installed my PRL SRI on my SI yesterday and holy hell is the sound louder than I expected. I love it, but definitely wasn’t expecting that much of a difference.

Edit: Here’s a short video. Sorry for the quality, was just for my friend but thought I’d post here.

Sponsored