2020civst

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring 6mt
Country flag
Hey guys, ordering a Sri for my 2020 civ soon. Not sure what one to go with and could use some help. Prl or Ingen ? Leaning toward injen because I had a heat sheild
Sponsored

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just got the 27WON which is kinda like a Cold Air and Short Ram Hybrid. It is also highly resistant to Hydrolock. Going to have mine installed this weekend. I hear it makes the whoosh noise but it is more subtle.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
OP
OP
2020civst

2020civst

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got the 27WON which is kinda like a Cold Air and Short Ram Hybrid. It is also highly resistant to Hydrolock. Going to have mine installed this weekend. I hear it makes the whoosh noise but it is more subtle.
Yeah I ordered one of those had to pay $571 CAD for it then they tried to get me to pay $200 more for import charges when it crossed the bored because I like in Canada so I returned it lol. Almost $800 is a bit much for a Sri

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the PRL SRI on for a while and a few days ago I swapped to the 27WON CAI and TIP. Here's what I notice:

PRL SRI:
- IAT's during driving remained 35-40 degrees above ambient temp.
- IAT's during idle would range from 40-70 degrees above ambient temp.
- Once IAT's reached 40+ degrees above ambient temp, they never got lower even during driving. They would remain high during the duration of the drive.
- Strong induction sound which is cool but I'm not after sound but some people are.

27WON system (CAI/TIP):
- IAT's during driving are 8-12 degrees above ambient temp.
- IAT's during idle are about 20-30 degrees above ambient temp.
- IAT's from idle to driving (heat soak at long light then start driving when light turns green for example) would drop quickly back to 8-12 degrees above ambient temp.
- Not as much of an induction noise which is ok, I don't really care about that too much.

This is just some things I've noticed. PRL is super open about the heat soak in these cars and advises to go with their CAI. I think if you choose a 27WON or a PRL you'll be in good hands just make sure if you go with PRL that you go with the CAI.

And make sure you have the right MAF size for your tune, both brands have larger MAF options.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I ordered one of those had to pay $571 CAD for it then they tried to get me to pay $200 more for import charges when it crossed the bored because I like in Canada so I returned it lol. Almost $800 is a bit much for a Sri

Not sure who you ordered from, but @Unity Performance is based in Canada and may give you better pricing

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not sure who you ordered from, but @Unity Performance is based in Canada and may give you better pricing
There are no Canadian distributors (yet?) for 27WON unfortunately. The only way to get one is direct from 27WON shipped to your door, or send it to a warehouse pickup point just over the border and bring it back yourself.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are no Canadian distributors (yet?) for 27WON unfortunately. The only way to get one is direct from 27WON shipped to your door, or send it to a warehouse pickup point just over the border and bring it back yourself.

Humza has organized group buys in the past. This could be an opportunity

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Humza has organized group buys in the past. This could be an opportunity
That would be awesome. Getting more of Vincent's stuff up here is a win for everybody.

Although I do like the relative rarity of my exhaust right now...

OP
OP
2020civst

2020civst

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had the PRL SRI on for a while and a few days ago I swapped to the 27WON CAI and TIP. Here's what I notice:

PRL SRI:
- IAT's during driving remained 35-40 degrees above ambient temp.
- IAT's during idle would range from 40-70 degrees above ambient temp.
- Once IAT's reached 40+ degrees above ambient temp, they never got lower even during driving. They would remain high during the duration of the drive.
- Strong induction sound which is cool but I'm not after sound but some people are.

27WON system (CAI/TIP):
- IAT's during driving are 8-12 degrees above ambient temp.
- IAT's during idle are about 20-30 degrees above ambient temp.
- IAT's from idle to driving (heat soak at long light then start driving when light turns green for example) would drop quickly back to 8-12 degrees above ambient temp.
- Not as much of an induction noise which is ok, I don't really care about that too much.

This is just some things I've noticed. PRL is super open about the heat soak in these cars and advises to go with their CAI. I think if you choose a 27WON or a PRL you'll be in good hands just make sure if you go with PRL that you go with the CAI.

And make sure you have the right MAF size for your tune, both brands have larger MAF options.
That would be awesome. Getting more of Vincent's stuff up here is a win for everybody.

Although I do like the relative rarity of my exhaust right now...
Yeah I was really dissapointed when I found out I would have to pay $200 on top of what it already was. I really like the set up of the 27won and I think it's the best of both worlds. When I was talking to Vincent he said he's hoping to have a dealer set up in Canada this spring/summer. Not sure if I should hold off until then or what to do.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah I was really dissapointed when I found out I would have to pay $200 on top of what it already was. I really like the set up of the 27won and I think it's the best of both worlds. When I was talking to Vincent he said he's hoping to have a dealer set up in Canada this spring/summer. Not sure if I should hold off until then or what to do.
Yeah it's tough to say. Spring/Summer may be the goal but with the whole COVID situation and whatever difficulties there are in setting up distribution in a normal world, it could be longer. I understand swallowing the USD to CAD conversion, then paying taxes is tough. I just have to consider it a cost of doing business to get the best.

It's also worth remembering that you're just paying your province's sales tax when it comes in. I think due to NAFTA and the parts being made in USA make it duty exempt. So even if Canadian distribution gets set up, the currency conversion and sales tax is still being paid at the end of the day.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Morning Fellas, we're definitely looking at options on how to make certain brands and parts more easily accessible for Canadians. Everyone's trying to get their production caught up right now, and then plan for Spring / Summer to get things going!
Sponsored