Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
We highly recommend getting the clutch from us to ensure you have all the proper parts and tools for the install.
Unfortunately, the kits weren't available when I ordered my flywheel. Even so, I'm talking about the subframe alignment pin, not the clutch disk alignment tool.
Sponsored

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately, the kits weren't available when I ordered my flywheel. Even so, I'm talking about the subframe alignment pin, not the clutch disk alignment tool.
First time hearing of subframe alignment pins. Learn something new everyday.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch Update + RV6 Flywheel/CTR clutch Review 1647982020481

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We sell the stage 0 pressure plate and friction disc (OE FK8) for $365 shipped. Which includes the proper alignment tool, pressure plate bolts and spline lube. We have these in stock ready to ship.

The pressure plate, friction disc and pressure plate bolts alone are ~$415 without shipping if you buy from a Honda dealer.

We highly recommend getting the clutch from us to ensure you have all the proper parts and tools for the install.
I will second this and highly recommend.
Oh and screw the dealerships anyway.

FK7_Andres

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback, 2007 Volkswagen GTI
Country flag
Alright as someone who recently had the new RV6 Flywheel and Stage 0 clutch installed in my 17 civic hatch. I must say I am 100% impressed. Feels completely stock to me, no chatter, clutch is broken in and I love it! My car has 100k which I'm surprised my oem clutch lasted as long as it did with minor bolt ons and tsp stage 1 tune.
But overall I love the feel of it and was honestly looking for a solution that was as close to stock feel but could hold tq if I ever wanted to push it more.
RV6 outdid themselves, can't wait to upgrade my turbo now ?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright as someone who recently had the new RV6 Flywheel and Stage 0 clutch installed in my 17 civic hatch. I must say I am 100% impressed. Feels completely stock to me, no chatter, clutch is broken in and I love it! My car has 100k which I'm surprised my oem clutch lasted as long as it did with minor bolt ons and tsp stage 1 tune.
But overall I love the feel of it and was honestly looking for a solution that was as close to stock feel but could hold tq if I ever wanted to push it more.
RV6 outdid themselves, can't wait to upgrade my turbo now ?
You know, I think that, after all that, I would want something that doesn't feel stock, stiffer, but not race. ?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
You know, I think that, after all that, I would want something that doesn't feel stock, stiffer, but not race. ?
I'd love something that has a bit more feel at the engagement point.

OP
OP
fabrizzio71

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I did install the kzCMC and a PRL clutch line at the same time, so I canā€™t comment to what it would feel like without those, but on my setup, I do think there is more feel through the pedal than stock. Pedal is slightly stiffer than stock, and engagement is significantly more direct. As someone daily driving this I think itā€™s perfect. Also, Iā€™ve done a few high rpm pulls. Engine revs differently/faster and shifts are super engaging and crisp at high rpm.

FK7_Andres

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback, 2007 Volkswagen GTI
Country flag
It probably is a bit stiffer but tbh I can't tell a difference. Again I did go stage 0 so maybe stage 1 or 2 clutches would feel stiffer without being too aggressive. But pretty sure if you want it to feel more stiff just upgrade the master cylinder and clutch line. That's my next go to. I do want a bit stiffer feel. But I also don't want it too stiff since it's my daily and I commute an hour to NYC every day.
But overall I am happy. At least there's an oem+ option out on the market that doesn't break my wallet.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It probably is a bit stiffer but tbh I can't tell a difference. Again I did go stage 0 so maybe stage 1 or 2 clutches would feel stiffer without being too aggressive. But pretty sure if you want it to feel more stiff just upgrade the master cylinder and clutch line. That's my next go to. I do want a bit stiffer feel. But I also don't want it too stiff since it's my daily and I commute an hour to NYC every day.
But overall I am happy. At least there's an oem+ option out on the market that doesn't break my wallet.
I recently drove a homieā€™s 2019 CTR, and I was surprised how stiff the clutch pedal was compared to ours. That said, interestingly, my throttle pedal was stiffer than his, not sure why. Anywho, I like all of my driving inputs to feel tight, so, IMO, the only thing missing is a tighter clutch pedal.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
The Exedy stage 1 is stiffer. I got spoiled on the featherweight clutch that was stock in the Si. I just installed the RV6 and Exedy stage 1 clutch and immediately could tell the difference on the pedal. It's stiff but not unmanagable.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Exedy stage 1 is stiffer. I got spoiled on the featherweight clutch that was stock in the Si. I just installed the RV6 and Exedy stage 1 clutch and immediately could tell the difference on the pedal. It's stiff but not unmanagable.
When the time comes, thatā€˜s what I think Iā€™ll do so I can bump up the power safely.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just ordered my RV6 clutch kit with stage 0 plate/discā€¦.canā€™t wait to get that installed! Getting custom tune after that šŸ˜ˆ

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Last time I drove a type r (friends 2019 type r) the clutch felt better. You could feel where it engaged and everything. The si pedal feels dead compared to it.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Fellow Jersey guy here. Who did you get to do the install?
Sponsored