Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have seen that you are returning your Si to stock. How many miles did you end up having on the ACT clutch with the included throw-out bearing?
Hey, I'm over 6k miles now without any issues while using ACT's throw-out bearing. I offer the option to folks who buy the ACT Clutch from me to select the OEM throw-out bearing if they'd like, and it's a 50-50 so far between folks that have chosen to do so.
Sponsored

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have an ACT 6 puck rigid clutch (unsprung) lightweight flywheel and ACT throwout, it is super aggressive, took me a day to get used to it I still am sometimes letting off the clutch a little too soon (hard to break muscle memory of driving an OEM clutch for 28k miles (daily). I just had to adjust by taking it more slow while releasing off the clutch and giving it a lot more gas. I mean this thing is rated for 464 ft lbs of torque. Sometimes however when I am going neutral to first there is a little whine at the end of my throw. That’s about it, I got rid of the rattle, I noticed it when I was reversing out of a Walmart parking lot, but that’s it no complaints really lol, hopefully it lasts me longer than a year with that OEM clutch.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an ACT 6 puck rigid clutch (unsprung) lightweight flywheel and ACT throwout, it is super aggressive, took me a day to get used to it I still am sometimes letting off the clutch a little too soon (hard to break muscle memory of driving an OEM clutch for 28k miles (daily). I just had to adjust by taking it more slow while releasing off the clutch and giving it a lot more gas. I mean this thing is rated for 464 ft lbs of torque. Sometimes however when I am going neutral to first there is a little whine at the end of my throw. That’s about it, I got rid of the rattle, I noticed it when I was reversing out of a Walmart parking lot, but that’s it no complaints really lol, hopefully it lasts me longer than a year with that OEM clutch.
what made you go unsprung vs sprung? Thought these clutchces both have the same ratings even if they're sprung, which I assume would be better for the tranny overall

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
what made you go unsprung vs sprung? Thought these clutchces both have the same ratings even if they're sprung, which I assume would be better for the tranny overall
I read somewhere online that it was just less parts to break in the clutch. I like the odds of not having a malfunction in one of the springs. Side note- this clutch operates way smoother when it gets hotter, when its cold I notice that I need to press down firmer on the clutch pedal. But when its hotter it feels like OEM, I mean it’s just smooth as butter.

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah I just checked online again, unsprung has a more aggressive engagement like I said more ‘racy’ feel. sprung the springs help dampen some of the engagement and people have said that they have springs just fall out.. Not with ACT clutches but sprung in general.

CivXHBS2Si

First Name
"Kong"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si coupe, 15 Ford Explorer Sport
Country flag
Ordered the ACT street March 2021, didn’t get it until June 2021. Been sitting in my garage for the past couple months. Will finally install the kit tomorrow morning with help from a Honda tech. I’ll Also be installing PRL SS line and maybe CDV delete.

Should I use the throwout bearing provided with the kit or should I use a bnew OE throwout bearing?

What’s everyone’s mileage now on the kit? Any issues to report other than high rpm lockout?

I am FBO, phearable stage 2.5, stock turbo and with the stock clutch I’ve only enjoyed 30% throttle before slipping lol

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Ordered the ACT street March 2021, didn’t get it until June 2021. Been sitting in my garage for the past couple months. Will finally install the kit tomorrow morning with help from a Honda tech. I’ll Also be installing PRL SS line and maybe CDV delete.

Should I use the throwout bearing provided with the kit or should I use a bnew OE throwout bearing?

What’s everyone’s mileage now on the kit? Any issues to report other than high rpm lockout?

I am FBO, phearable stage 2.5, stock turbo and with the stock clutch I’ve only enjoyed 30% throttle before slipping lol
I have no high RPM lockout, but I have first gear lockout from idle when the car is hot and I am driving in the city (lots of stop and go).

I've got:
PRL SS line
CDV Delete
Eman CMC

And I got all of them in an attempt to fix the first gear lockout, to no avail. It's not a bleeding issue, I've bled it literally a dozen times (and Honda bled it as part of service a month ago). It's also not an adjustment issue, as I've tweaked the adjustment well over a dozen times.

I used the throwout bearing included, no idea if that is a factor in my issue. But once I am moving shifting is sublime and I have zero lockout shifting at redline all day.

I've got about 11k miles on it.

I am just living with it for now, as if I blip the throttle with the clutch depressed it will let it go into first gear. Makes me look like an asshole, but I don't care.

CivXHBS2Si

First Name
"Kong"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have no high RPM lockout, but I have first gear lockout from idle when the car is hot and I am driving in the city (lots of stop and go).

I've got:
PRL SS line
CDV Delete
Eman CMC

And I got all of them in an attempt to fix the first gear lockout, to no avail. It's not a bleeding issue, I've bled it literally a dozen times (and Honda bled it as part of service a month ago).

I used the throwout bearing included, no idea if that is a factor in my issue. But once I am moving shifting is sublime and I have zero lockout shifting at redline all day.

I've got about 11k miles on it.
I will keep an eye out on the first gear lockout thanks for the heads up. What MTF did you replace yours with? Was gonna go Amsoil but read some horror stories so I got 2 quarts of Honda MTF. I’ll have to save up for kzcmc but will use OE for now

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I will keep an eye out on the first gear lockout thanks for the heads up. What MTF did you replace yours with? Was gonna go Amsoil but read some horror stories so I got 2 quarts of Honda MTF. I’ll have to save up for kzcmc but will use OE for now
I've been using AMSOIL since 5k miles, and I've ended up changing it twice already due to working on the car.

KZCMC actually made my first gear lockout worse. But I'm $#@$^ tired of working on that shit, nonstop bleeding and adjusting, and my OEM CMC is in pieces. I did have some resistance but not lockout shifting at high RPM that the KZCMC fixed, so I guess pick your poison.

At some point it will get bad enough I can't drive the car, or I'll wear out the clutch driving like an asshole and at that time, I won't be using an ACT kit again. Probably will shell out for the type r retrofit.

Or I'll get rid of it for a car that comes with more power and a clutch that can handle it from the factory.

CivXHBS2Si

First Name
"Kong"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been using AMSOIL since 5k miles, and I've ended up changing it twice already due to working on the car.

KZCMC actually made my first gear lockout worse. But I'm $#@$^ tired of working on that shit, nonstop bleeding and adjusting, and my OEM CMC is in pieces. I did have some resistance but not lockout shifting at high RPM that the KZCMC fixed, so I guess pick your poison.

At some point it will get bad enough I can't drive the car, or I'll wear out the clutch driving like an asshole and at that time, I won't be using an ACT kit again. Probably will shell out for the type

At some point it will get bad enough I can't drive the car, or I'll wear out the clutch driving like an asshole and at that time, I won't be using an ACT kit again. Probably will shell out for the type r retrofit.

Or I'll get rid of it for a car that comes with more power and a clutch that can handle it from the factory.
I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully it’s an isolated issue kinda thing. I think you’re the only one having this issue? I might be wrong tho. Type R retro would be ideal but unfortunately out of my budget! Can’t justify the price

CivXHBS2Si

First Name
"Kong"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking good! How was the install? Any pro tips?
Well I installed by removing engine from the top. So it was easy to remove trans and install clutch. In my opinion that trans is heavier than the engine block. It’s so heavy it could be dangerous if not careful. It would be hard to do on the ground. Likely when I need
To replace I will pop the engine from the top again, once you’ve done it once it’s easy. I also have the hasport mounts which are
Nice.
Sponsored