First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK7 1.5T CVT , 2021 Scat-Daytona Charger
Country flag
Hello!
I have been reaching out to a lot of vendors and manufacturers in search for a Catless Downpipe for my FK7.
I've narrowed the search down to the Skunk2 Alpha Downpipe/Frontpipe combo (Part # 412-05-6060), as the other manufacturers are under close watch due to EPA emission regulations and will only sell Catless Downpipes outside the United States. **Most manufacturers directed me to Skunk2**

MY take

Used
- If you are looking for a Catless Downpipe and are fine with it being used, then as other forum members have suggested. Facebook marketplace and Craigslist or even junkyards near you are your best bet.

New- If you're looking for something new (like me) I would only point you to the Skunk2 Alpha. It can be found both on their website (Hit or miss as they have been in-stock for 2-3 hours a day starting around 12 pm EST until they run out ((Their next batches will be late October))) and 50 are In-transit to the other link listed. https://skunk2.com/exhaust-tuning/downpipes/412-05-6060.html & https://www.jmautosports.com/product/skunk2-racing-alpha-series-race-downpipe412-05-6060

If outside of the U.S.A, you're basically in the clear with any reputable Manufacturer permitting it's not discontinued. (https://unity-performance.com/colle...v6ā„¢-race-downpipe-front-pipe-combo-civic-1-5t - Is a solid choice)

"Why would I not just go with Brands such as PLM and FKX if their in stock and cheaper?"
They seem to have made minor improvements via adding OEM heat shield components and somewhat cleaner welds; However, they do not put off the cleanest sound and seem to be roughly made (you get the quality you pay for). Not to say these aren't viable options in the case ALL Reputable brands are shut down.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! This is my first "Post" to the forum and I'll do my best to answer any questions anyone might have. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Thank you for this information!

Yes, I'm very firm on not being able to provide Catless products to USA customers as per EPA regulations and my agreement with RV6. Really risky move by any manufacturer or vendor to still continue to offer them to US customers at this point, the EPA isn't playing around

Canada and international can still enjoy Catless, and Catted are still open for purchase. I have both options in stock :)

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
There is not any difference in sound between catless downpipes. It's all the same basic diameter and shape. One will not be "cleaner" sounding than the next when you're dealing with a 18" open pipe.

OP
OP
Midnight_Civic
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is not any difference in sound between catless downpipes. It's all the same basic diameter and shape. One will not be "cleaner" sounding than the next when you're dealing with a 18" open pipe.
Thatā€™s a solid opinion!
However from the clips Iā€™ve seen of 27won, RV6, PLM, Skunk2, and fkx. They all respectively have different tones. Granted exhaust would change in most clips, but the underlying tone of the DP would be heard. Youā€™re spot on at saying most pipes like skunk, RV6, and PRL have the same relative shape. 27won being the most oblong with a slight bend after the turbo.

For the PLM and FKX brands, Iā€™m more referencing the rattling and poor surface contact on the connecting gasket flanges. Which in turn lead to not as tight of a seal and could lead to as previously mentioned, rattling or leaks.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a reason we've called them Junk2 for a long time now. I haven't even seen anyone mention Skunk2 on 10th gen's once in the entire time I've been on this site.

OP
OP
Midnight_Civic
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's a reason we've called them Junk2 for a long time now. I haven't even seen anyone mention Skunk2 on 10th gen's once in the entire time I've been on this site.

After EPA emission regulations, you will not find a new set of PRL, 27Won, or RV6 for sale. (These being the most sought after brands of Dp-Fp combos) So looks like ā€œJunk2ā€ or bust for now, unless youā€™re fine with scouring FB Mkt for a used one.

**On a side note**
I have had the Skunk2 mega power DB exhaust on the last 10k miles. I really like how it has a deep rumble and compared to others than put off a drone at lower rpm, at least with a stock dp+fp. It has held up well and no leaks or faulty welds thus far.

When it comes down to itā€¦to each their own I guess. If this info helps even just 1 person in their hunt to go Catless in 2022+ then thatā€™s solid enough for me.

OP
OP
Midnight_Civic
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well for those that are interested, the skunk2 Catless dp/fp combo came in today from JMAutosport.

All hardware came included

Honda Civic 10th gen Catless Downpipe in US after EPA emission regulations DC58279A-BBCF-4EE9-8CB4-0CAC3960C9CE

CVT4NYC

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 hatchback sport
Country flag
Hello!
I have been reaching out to a lot of vendors and manufacturers in search for a Catless Downpipe for my FK7.
I've narrowed the search down to the Skunk2 Alpha Downpipe/Frontpipe combo (Part # 412-05-6060), as the other manufacturers are under close watch due to EPA emission regulations and will only sell Catless Downpipes outside the United States. **Most manufacturers directed me to Skunk2**

MY take

Used
- If you are looking for a Catless Downpipe and are fine with it being used, then as other forum members have suggested. Facebook marketplace and Craigslist or even junkyards near you are your best bet.

New- If you're looking for something new (like me) I would only point you to the Skunk2 Alpha. It can be found both on their website (Hit or miss as they have been in-stock for 2-3 hours a day starting around 12 pm EST until they run out ((Their next batches will be late October))) and 50 are In-transit to the other link listed. https://skunk2.com/exhaust-tuning/downpipes/412-05-6060.html & https://www.jmautosports.com/product/skunk2-racing-alpha-series-race-downpipe412-05-6060

If outside of the U.S.A, you're basically in the clear with any reputable Manufacturer permitting it's not discontinued. (https://unity-performance.com/collections/frontpage/products/rv6ā„¢-race-downpipe-front-pipe-combo-civic-1-5t - Is a solid choice)

"Why would I not just go with Brands such as PLM and FKX if their in stock and cheaper?"
They seem to have made minor improvements via adding OEM heat shield components and somewhat cleaner welds; However, they do not put off the cleanest sound and seem to be roughly made (you get the quality you pay for). Not to say these aren't viable options in the case ALL Reputable brands are shut down.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! This is my first "Post" to the forum and I'll do my best to answer any questions anyone might have. :thumbsup:
The PLM 3ā€ catless is actually really nice. Iā€™ve been running mine for about three months now and I can say it adds tons of power, mostly works with factory heat shield and didnā€™t change the sound of my exhaust besides it being slightly deeper and louder

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I wonder if anyone has done any back to back comparisons to catless v catted. I know back in my MR2 days someone did and there was no noticeable power increase going catless. To me, actually trying to not destroy the environment is worth the maybe 1-2hp gains.

dthanb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback
I wonder if anyone has done any back to back comparisons to catless v catted. I know back in my MR2 days someone did and there was no noticeable power increase going catless. To me, actually trying to not destroy the environment is worth the maybe 1-2hp gains.
Sponsored