mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag

Check this out, I made 176.80 Whp with catback, rv6 downpipe, and ktuner. There is hope for the N/A 2.0!!

received_1771191976281900.jpeg
Which catback did you get?
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just wanted to say something about the whole comparing the 2.0 to the 1.5t. I actually bought both. I got myself the 2.0 and got my girlfriend the 1.5t. The reason I got the 2.0 for myself was because it is a proven motor that has no problem getting abused from time to time. That’s also why I got the manual transmission to. I was hoping a supercharger would become available sometime considering they have them for the old 2.0’s. But I’m still waiting. That would push this engine to at least 250hp which this engine could easily handle. Hell they even use this engine in the formula 4 race car. Probably because it can take a beating
Honda Civic 10th gen Catless downpipe k20c2 4F4D3496-B5BE-4B6B-ADD4-455A11373D81

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just wanted to say something about the whole comparing the 2.0 to the 1.5t. I actually bought both. I got myself the 2.0 and got my girlfriend the 1.5t. The reason I got the 2.0 for myself was because it is a proven motor that has no problem getting abused from time to time. That’s also why I got the manual transmission to. I was hoping a supercharger would become available sometime considering they have them for the old 2.0’s. But I’m still waiting. That would push this engine to at least 250hp which this engine could easily handle. Hell they even use this engine in the formula 4 race car. Probably because it can take a beating
4F4D3496-B5BE-4B6B-ADD4-455A11373D81.png
The internals on this 2.0 non turbo for the 10th gen is nowhere near what the 2.0 in the Si was, its strictly a mpg commuter engine. thats why you havent found any companies making big moves in that department

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The internals on this 2.0 non turbo for the 10th gen is nowhere near what the 2.0 in the Si was, its strictly a mpg commuter engine. thats why you havent found any companies making big moves in that department
Could you tell me which internals are different other than the new 2.0 doesn’t have Vtec on the exhaust camshaft just the intake camshaft like the 9th gen Si

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
The Type R motor, the K20C1, is nearly identical to the K20C2 in the NA car. The K20C1 has 0.1mm shorter rods, 9.8:1 compression ratio, and VTEC disabled (VTC only).

Same with the turbo'd K20C4 in the Accord, it's just tuned down from the K20C1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine

I'm sure there's some other minor changes that increase durability, but the bottom end, cylinder diameter and length are identical.

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Yes. 4 bolts. It's been rumored that you can swap with the K24's, if not, there's an adapter that allows for pretty much any TB. Also porting, polishing, and coolant bypass to reduce IAT. One of the things I haven't don't yet as it could involve some fabrication and I'd like to keep mine in a position to be able to swap back to stock if I end up trading it in. If I found solid evidence of someone swapping it out, straight bolt on, I wouldn't hesitate.
Could you link this adapter please?

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Don’t try to use a K24 throttle body. I did it years ago when I swapped a K24W manifold, and found that it uses different logic/sensor inputs/etc.

Basically the engine would just rev continuously and would not respond to any pedal input.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Could you link this adapter please?
Google throttle body adapter and your engine number and find the specs for the bolt size and width of the throttle body you want to use. Obviously when using an adapter, it's not as simple as slapping it on and going. Especially with electronics controlling things now instead of direct throttle wire.

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am going to be trying this soon going to a junk yard to test a k24, and j32 throttle bodies with drive by wire. Might also have to take out my throttle body spacer because of the limited space that we have there. Also a little hesitant don’t know if it will run ok with the ktuner and not running a customer tune after the install.
Any update on this?

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.carid.com/2016-honda-ci...cing-k2b-throttle-body-adapter-134419683.html

Found this via google. CarID is not my go to, but does return a fit match for the k20c2 2.0L engine.
I am HIGHLY inexperienced in throttle mods. I am, though, very curious if anyone has attempted anything like this?
Did you end up purchasing this adapter and testing? What I really want is an intake manifold upgrade and not just a port and polish job. Another user said he contacted Skunk2 since they make a lot of k parts and he hasn't heard back.

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you end up purchasing this adapter and testing? What I really want is an intake manifold upgrade and not just a port and polish job. Another user said he contacted Skunk2 since they make a lot of k parts and he hasn't heard back.
Havent had the time to put into it, but i did purchase a throttle body spacer which seems to have added more power throughout the lower RPMs
Would love to hear of back from skunk about that!

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Havent had the time to put into it, but i did purchase a throttle body spacer which seems to have added more power throughout the lower RPMs
Would love to hear of back from skunk about that!
I've been skeptical about throttle body spacers as there's a lot of misinformation about them whether or not they actually work. I'm probably going to purchase one anyways and see.

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been skeptical about throttle body spacers as there's a lot of misinformation about them whether or not they actually work. I'm probably going to purchase one anyways and see.
Yeah ive notice a difference in the lower rpm ranges for sure, but there is a slight vibration in the pedal now while in reverse. Just figured thats just a vacuum thing? Not sure but it doesnt seem too terrible

k20martinez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I contacted every company asking asking about parts for this they all said no including skunk 2 they took like 4 months to respond to my questions.
Sponsored