2.0L RV6 Catless vs Catted Downpipe

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Why did your CEL come on with the catted one? Isn’t that supposed to be an advantage over the catless one?
It turns out that the AEM intake was a factor, but I was able to solve the CEL issue with RV6's help after they sent me a second O2 Sensor extension wire to make it reach a bit further so I could remove the defouler it came with and connect the O2 Sensor directly into the downpipe.

CEL's been off for a few weeks now.
Sponsored

roxaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
It turns out that the AEM intake was a factor, but I was able to solve the CEL issue with RV6's help after they sent me a second O2 Sensor extension wire to make it reach a bit further so I could remove the defouler it came with and connect the O2 Sensor directly into the downpipe.

CEL's been off for a few weeks now.
I'm assuming you have the stock exhaust. How did the downpipe effect the sound of your exhaust?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I'm assuming you have the stock exhaust. How did the downpipe effect the sound of your exhaust?
Yup, I just have the catted downpipe + KTuner + AEM Intake.

The downpipe made the sound just a bit "deeper", but not necessarily that much louder, if at all. Honestly though I didn't really notice that much of a difference in sound after installing it, including when both starting the engine and revving. Personally, I prefer the exhaust to be quiet and I've been happy with the results.

According to @mvela who deleted his muffler and replaced his resonator with a DBX Flowmaster, it will sound much louder when combined with a modded exhaust system.

roxaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag

The downpipe made the sound just a bit "deeper", but not necessarily that much louder, if at all. Honestly though I didn't really notice that much of a difference in sound after installing it, including when both starting the engine and revving. Personally, I prefer the exhaust to be quiet and I've been happy with the results.

According to @mvela who deleted his muffler and replaced his resonator with a DBX Flowmaster, it will sound much louder when combined with a modded exhaust system.
Yeah, @mvela 's experience was actually the reason I asked. Good to hear it sounds just fine with stock exhaust.

Last edited:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Yeah, @mvela 's experience was actually the reason I asked. Good to hear it sounds just fine with stock exhaust.
Yeah I ended up selling my downpipe. I believe the person who bought it has stock exhaust so I’m sure he’ll be happy with it. So my advice to anybody wanting to get one, keep your stock exhaust lol

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Still no CEL?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Why did your CEL come on with the catted one? Isn’t that supposed to be an advantage over the catless one?
The CEL error code is "slow response" due to the defouler, it's not getting enough of the exhaust gases to get a read. I've requested an extension from RV6 to see if removing the defouler also resolves my situation.

TiceKustoms

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic ex 2.0l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed the catless downpipe on my 2018 ex 2.0L. CEL came on after less than 40 miles. :(

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Ugh idk what’s going with me but I’m really just kissing that kick I was expecting!! Still need much more time driving but I feel like my exhaust setup might be affecting performance? All I have it catless down pipe to a 18” cherrybomb then muffler delete so it’s pretty close to a straight pipe

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed a RV6 Catted Downpipe in my Si. I already had a CTR exhaust installed and it was too quiet. I just wanted it a little louder but still without a drone. Before I put on the Downpipe, when going 50 mph on highway in fourth gear and I step on the gas it took 2 seconds for the acceleration to kick in. Now it just takes one second! The exhaust is not only louder, but deeper! I am ecstatic! Still no drone on the highway too! Thanks @RV6! I bet that if I would have kept the OEM charge pipes with my intercooler upgrade it would only have half a second lag.

Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

These are 3 videos of my car with my RV6 catted downpipe and a stock CTR exhaust on my Si. The first is a gentil drive through the neighborhood. The second is a takeoff from standing still. The last is a drive by under mild acceleration.

Slyster9

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 civic cvt lx
Country flag
On my fc2 I have the catless rv6 dp, aem CAI, and Ktuner, my favorite part of the day is cold starts haha
Overall, I don’t feel that it’s too loud. Looking to get a custom exhaust in the future because I don’t like how the invidia looks
Also, I’m under the impression that the rv6 dp is 2.5; while the invidia is 2.25?
Sponsored