laprile88

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I am planning on putting a catless downpipe on my 2017 honda civic hatchback sport, and I was wondering if I can get away without tuning it in? I do plan on getting a tune eventually but was wondering if I would need to immediately. Given that the o2 sensor is on the downpipe I am sure i'll be running all sorts of engine codes related to o2 monitoring. Anybody have any experience with this? Advice?
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
My advise would be not to until you can adjust for it.

ONEPNT5.Si

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Si
Country flag
Fabspeed O2 spacer. It has a mini catalytic converter built into it to filter out the fumes before they hit the O2 sensor.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am planning on putting a catless downpipe on my 2017 honda civic hatchback sport, and I was wondering if I can get away without tuning it in? I do plan on getting a tune eventually but was wondering if I would need to immediately. Given that the o2 sensor is on the downpipe I am sure i'll be running all sorts of engine codes related to o2 monitoring. Anybody have any experience with this? Advice?
Yes, you could get away with it.

Your check engine light may come on. Also, your turbo will spool up quickly and your low down torque spike will be 'uncontrolled'.
Sponsored