Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I just don't want to install an aftermarket amp. and have to run new wires everywhere.
Sponsored

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
All you need is this https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AX-AB-HN1 to interface to all of the factory speakers with an after market stereo. You'll loose the adaptive engine sounds if you have 20 Si, but you could possibly get an adapter from somewhere else.

The product discussed here allows you to connect the premium factory infotainment to an external amp.
So with the AX-AB-HN1, the factory harnesses that go to all of the factory speakers and sub., plug into AX-AB-HN1 then the bare wire ends connect up with an aftermarket head unit's harness?

Would just need a head unit that supports as many channels as there are in the car?

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
You can run aftermarket speakers from an aftermarket HU. In fact it will run much better than the stock HU. Just not as good as an amplified sound.
So I could just replace each speaker and tweeter then use the AX-AB-HN1 to connect them all to an aftermarket HU that can support as many channels as our cars have?

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
So I could just replace each speaker and tweeter then use the AX-AB-HN1 to connect them all to an aftermarket HU that can support as many channels as our cars have?
I'm not sure on the metra integration hopefully someone else can answer that ?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
The AX-AB-HN1 connects to the two factory speaker harnesses. The bare wires are connected to all of the factory speakers. There are separate wires that go to door speakers, tweeters, center, satellite speakers, and the sub. Then you can wire them up anyway you want depending on what channels your HU supports. You don't need to use all of the speakers. For example, you don't have to use the center speaker if you HU doesn't have one.

EDIT: You don't have to replace all of the factory speakers unless that's what you want. You could possibly use the stock speakers with an after market stereo. The AX-AB-HN1 just allows you to access all of the speakers separately without splicing into the factory harness.

Last edited:

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
The AX-AB-HN1 connects to the two factory speaker harnesses. The bare wires are connected to all of the factory speakers. There are separate wires that go to door speakers, tweeters, center, satellite speakers, and the sub. Then you can wire them up anyway you want depending on what channels your HU supports. You don't need to use all of the speakers. For example, you don't have to use the center speaker if you HU doesn't have one.
Ah so I'd still need to run new wire everywhere (to each speaker and tweeter) that whatever HU I get will support?

New wire connected to the bare wires from the AX-AB-HN1 on one end and on the other to the speaker adapters I'd also have to buy?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
I just don't want to install an aftermarket amp. and have to run new wires everywhere.
You don’t have to install a new amp to use new speakers. It’s is recommended but replacing the horrible speakers would make a lot of difference in the audio quality.

Im curious as to why you want to replace the head unit though. You do have the 8” infotainment system right?

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I'm looking at replacement speakers now on Crutchfield just to get an idea of what to get. So I'd be replacing:

- Dash speaker
- Front door tweeters
- Front door speakers
- Rear door tweeters
- Rear door speakers

The stock sub looks like a pain to replace as well and I do not want to give up any space back there for a sub enclosure or for an amp..

Did I miss any speakers in the list above?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah so I'd still need to run new wire everywhere (to each speaker and tweeter) that whatever HU I get will support?

New wire connected to the bare wires from the AX-AB-HN1 on one end and on the other to the speaker adapters I'd also have to buy?
Once you connect AX-AB-HN1 to the two factory harnesses, the bare wires in the AX-AB-HN1 will be directly connected to all of the factory speakers.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Here's the block diagram. Normally, the two factory harnesses would be connected to the factory amp which drives the speakers.

EDIT: The two factory harnesses are located in the passenger side kick panel. So if you're aftermarket HU's harness is long enough to reach the passenger kick panel, then all you have to do is connect the HU's harness to AX-AB-HN1.

Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 1597882498919

Last edited:

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
I'm looking at replacement speakers now on Crutchfield just to get an idea of what to get. So I'd be replacing:

- Dash speaker
- Front door tweeters
- Front door speakers
- Rear door tweeters
- Rear door speakers

The stock sub looks like a pain to replace as well and I do not want to give up any space back there for a sub enclosure or for an amp..

Did I miss any speakers in the list above?
Look over my install pics and info on what components I used for my install. It’s a couple of pages back. That will give you a good idea on what you can do. Especially the powered sub I used. You definitely want to move away from the stock sub. It’s practically useless!

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I have a dumb question: I see there are two high level outputs for the subwoofer. Is that optional or do I have to plug both in? I have more of a background on home audio, so it's confusing me.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
I have a dumb question: I see there are two high level outputs for the subwoofer. Is that optional or do I have to plug both in? I have more of a background on home audio, so it's confusing me.
You can do either. I use both.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You received the HN3?
Sponsored