Amp Wiring Harness Bypass Feedback

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
I'm making some wiring harnesses and I need some feedback on wire outs. I initially made these for myself so I wouldn't have to cut into factory wiring, but I'm interested to see if anyone else is looking for them.

Here's one of the first ones I made:

My application just needed to get signal from FR/SUB but I did FR/RR/SUB just in case. Should I just splice into all outputs or leave as is? What outputs would be the most helpful/common?

Let me know in the comments what pinouts the community is most interested in and I can make some more.
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Where did you get the connectors?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought a couple of the amp bypass harness' from Metra/mouser and just used the cut the connectors.
But the amp bypass harness does not come with the male connector (the one that plugs into the amp) correct? Where did you get the male connector?

And also, do you have any idea on how to build an "extension" like that one you showed above but for the RS485 connector?

OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
But the amp bypass harness does not come with the male connector (the one that plugs into the amp) correct? Where did you get the male connector?

And also, do you have any idea on how to build an "extension" like that one you showed above but for the RS485 connector?
The amp connection came from a generic Honda amp part on mouser, let me look up the part #.

No idea how an RS485 pinout works, sorry. My experience is limited to this project haha.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The amp connection came from a generic Honda amp part on mouser, let me look up the part #.

No idea how an RS485 pinout works, sorry. My experience is limited to this project haha.
Super appreciated. If you could find the RS-485 connector, both male and female, showed below, I'd be even more appreciated.

Honda Civic 10th gen Amp Wiring Harness Bypass Feedback 1595093596711

OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
So it looks like the mouser item # and manufacturer don't exist anymore. I purchased 5 connector sets back in early February before COVID, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Let me see if mouser support can give me an alternative supplier/part # for y'all.

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Awesome. Thank you!

So it looks like the mouser item # and manufacturer don't exist anymore. I purchased 5 connector sets back in early February before COVID, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Let me see if mouser support can give me an alternative supplier/part # for y'all.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Are you replacing the factory head unit with this? If not the factory head unit uses a digital out into the amp. Without being able to interface with the digital input no harness is going to work. Besides Metra Axxess now has a full solution for the amplified touring systems. I have a demo on the system in the following thread.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-speaker-audio-of-sport-touring-type-r.52248/

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Hi vblue42:

Not sure if the question was for me but what this harness does is just connect between the factory amp outputs and the stock harness in order to connect amps to improve the factory setup. This is not a solution as good as the Axxess alternative, but it can help if you would like to setup something like a Kicker key, etc. without splicing/damaging the stock harness.

Are you replacing the factory head unit with this? If not the factory head unit uses a digital out into the amp. Without being able to interface with the digital input no harness is going to work. Besides Metra Axxess now has a full solution for the amplified touring systems. I have a demo on the system in the following thread.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-speaker-audio-of-sport-touring-type-r.52248/

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm making some wiring harnesses and I need some feedback on wire outs. I initially made these for myself so I wouldn't have to cut into factory wiring, but I'm interested to see if anyone else is looking for them.

Here's one of the first ones I made:

My application just needed to get signal from FR/SUB but I did FR/RR/SUB just in case. Should I just splice into all outputs or leave as is? What outputs would be the most helpful/common?

Let me know in the comments what pinouts the community is most interested in and I can make some more.
I'm looking for one of these. Would you be able to point me towards the right connectors? Or does anyone know if the AXDSPX-HN3 will work on a 2020 Sport Hatchback (it should share the same connector as the EX)?
Sponsored