JBiz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I bought the v2 harness and used it for my install.
I ended up having to cut and redo my splices a few times. Instead of wire colors being paired by channel, they were paired by position on the connector. Example: Pin 5 & 6 are front left. 12 & 13 front right. Instead of pairing 5 & 6 as white - white/black and 12-13 as grey - grey/black, 5&12 were paired, 6&13.
To be fair, I could avoided the problem by reading.
Just saying it would have been nice if I could have followed the wire pairs (like most communication wiring is laid out) instead of having to keep up with the pins.
Once I caught on, it was pretty straight forward.
The other issue I ran into was getting it to fit behind the panel. After adding the harness, the wires feeding my DSP, and then the powered coming back from my amp, it was too fat. This again could have been avoided if I'd planned better. I used some heavier gauge wire for my entire project, taped it all into bundles, and probably could have accommodated the additional mass by routing differently.
What V2 harness are you referring to and where could I get one? This is the oem amp out to speaker harness correct?
Sponsored

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
What V2 harness are you referring to and where could I get one? This is the oem amp out to speaker harness correct?
I ordered mine a few months back. Haven’t used it yet but yes, it gives you the ability to tap into the speaker wires post-amp. Which is what you want for hooking up an LOC or DSP.

https://ampharness.com/

OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Sorry guys - International shipping/pricing has been a nightmare to sort out. Did a few initially but had all sorts of difficulty declaring + straight up ship cost.

Most people have just been using proxy shipping services. Thanks for understanding!

Driukas

First Name
Andrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic prestige
Country flag
Hi,if I'm understand right car have amplifier? Is not best either 😕 is possible upgrading?like plug and play?I'm change all 4 speakers and tweeters with Focal 165as is recommended amplifier but oem is trash ,is any suggestions? Or is only way is ad sub ? Thanks

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Bump! can someone clarify something for me - does this harness ONLY allow you take the output from the factory amp -> LOC ?

As in down the line for the speaker (-> LOC -> AMP ->Speaker )
I'd have to run my own wire to each speaker from the new AMP ? This harness doesn't allow you reuse the cabling in the dash from the factory amp -> speakers?
Sponsored