First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I have a stock 2019 Si with 95k miles.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the ACT HC10-HDSS clutch and flywheel kit. I'll have the dealer do the install because in my area they're actually cheaper than a few of the shops around.

The only other upgrade I'll do to this car is possibly a basic kTuner mod. So, no huge aspirations for major upgrades...just a nice bump in performance for a street driven car.

In reading about the clutch kit, I've seen concerns about high RPM lock out with recommendations to upgrade the CMC, clutch lines, rear motor mount, etc. So, I contacted ACT and asked them whether I should be concerned about lockout with my specific goals and they said I shouldn't. They said they had heard about lock out issues wit other manufacturers, but not with theirs or they would have addressed it. He also noted that I wasn't trying to massively push the power output.

Before I actually buy this kit, I wanted to put it out to the community one last time. For the ACT kit, should I go ahead and do just the kit or should I do all these other things related to preventing lock out? Thanks.
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ACT clutch was a decent option 4 years ago. Now the much better option is the rv6 retrofit flywheel with ctr stage 0 or stage 1 clutch. Won't have to worry about a bigger CMC for high RPM lockout either.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glassed over the ktuner as a future mod part. Is the clutch spent after 95k factory tuned miles? If not, don't worry about changing it now.

OP
OP

Quack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Glassed over the ktuner as a future mod part. Is the clutch spent after 95k factory tuned miles? If not, don't worry about changing it now.
Throwout bearing is starting to make some noises

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I like hearing the stock clutch was good for 95.K miles. And then only because the throwout bearing is starting to make noise.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
We run the HDSS in our development FK7 and I think it's a great clutch option. We still have the delay valve in the slave cylinder but we run a master cylinder without a damper and I've had no issues with gear lockout. Making sure the clutch is adjusted correctly will go much further than modifying the hydraulic system to avoid lockout.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We run the HDSS in our development FK7 and I think it's a great clutch option. We still have the delay valve in the slave cylinder but we run a master cylinder without a damper and I've had no issues with gear lockout. Making sure the clutch is adjusted correctly will go much further than modifying the hydraulic system to avoid lockout.
Did you guys block off the master cylinder damper yourselves on a stock CMC?

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Did you guys block off the master cylinder damper yourselves on a stock CMC?
No we retrofitted a master cylinder from an older Honda that has the same bore size but without the damper and made a custom 1 piece braided line. We debated making a kit for it but didn't get much feedback so it's been put on the backburner in the meantime.

Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch Kit questions cm9

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
I like hearing the stock clutch was good for 95.K miles. And then only because the throwout bearing is starting to make noise.
Yea on my si have 160k kilo and clutch still good on my 2017. Like 2 or 3 month ago I started to hear the clutch bearing noise but nothing major. In this conditions Im verry happy that my stock clutch holded 2 years of tsp 1 and now 2 years 1+ .

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea on my si have 160k kilo and clutch still good on my 2017. Like 2 or 3 month ago I started to hear the clutch bearing noise but nothing major. In this conditions Im verry happy that my stock clutch holded 2 years of tsp 1 and now 2 years 1+ .
100,000 miles, that"s outstanding! and with a tune too.
I'll continue to put my car in neutral at lights to save wear on my throwout bearing.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No we retrofitted a master cylinder from an older Honda that has the same bore size but without the damper and made a custom 1 piece braided line. We debated making a kit for it but didn't get much feedback so it's been put on the backburner in the meantime.

cm9.jpg
Nice work guys! Brilliant solution! Thanks,

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

cm9.jpg

Surprised you didn't get much feedback on a product like that! It's much harder to get your hands on Eman's kzCMC, so this could be a great OEM+ option!

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Surprised you didn't get much feedback on a product like that! It's much harder to get your hands on Eman's kzCMC, so this could be a great OEM+ option!
Once we've got some of our larger projects wrapped up I'll probably rehash it for us to review again and see if it's worth marketing :)

Ashto71333

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
The ACT clutch was a decent option 4 years ago. Now the much better option is the rv6 retrofit flywheel with ctr stage 0 or stage 1 clutch. Won't have to worry about a bigger CMC for high RPM lockout either.
I have 4th hear lock out when high rpm shifting to 4th (kzcmc, rv6 retro fit flywheel, stage 1 excedy clutch, acuity shifter)
Sponsored