SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
So minimum we're talking here if someone wants 400hp.

Rods, pistons, map headbolts.
Recommend, upgraded oil gear.

Turbo kit, one with a manual boost controller. Like the PRL v1. Gtx2860r minimum, gtx2867r Recommend.

The usual bolt ons, intake, exhaust, flex fuel, 4 bar sensors, ect.

Fuel. Could be meth injection or a proper system

Clutch
Sometimes I still wonder if a built 2.0L Engine would fit the Si.

At one point I was literally pulling my hair out debating whether to trade in my Si for a Type R, because I always liked coupe, and the Si was actually a very fun car after a tune, and all the extra $ for not trading it can overhaul the car completely. The 1.5L was the final trigger...(I mean, the Si once had a 2.4L NA Vtec...). I'm still hating Honda for not giving the performance Si a 2.0L, and start with 250ish hp. I wouldn't mind paying a few extra grand for it, maybe the Veloster N price tag. R and Si are the only two harcore cars in the Civic sports lineup. The fundamental difference between the 1.5 and 2.0 is considerable in terms of driving and tunability that we wouldn't be here scratching our heads about reliability if the Si came out "proper".

Ok...calming myself down... As a long term Si owner, I hope Honda will do the next generation Si proper as a sports car. 10th gen R didn't disappoint.
Sponsored

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The ECU supports, sort of lol. You just can't go over 32 psi with the factory EWG controlling your boost. Gotta go to manual controller.

It's doing good! I'm just waiting till it's warm to throw it on the dyno. I may or may not slap a gtx2867r in with the tax return. But it's ready for big power non the less.

4th gear makes a very high pitch wine thats hard to hear atm. But I'm just going to ignore that for now ?

I'll be making a new thread and updating the two old ones, linking it to the new one. Right now I'll be happy with low 400s for hp.
I'm curious about your dyno Number too. Sometimes I miss doing stuff on my Si. Would love to see you do a 0-60 time after Dyno number.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are serious about 400whp and any type of longevity, beef up internals first.
Yeah ... I was thinking an entire block, with upgraded pistons and rods, would be a minimum ... along with some good porting and polishing.

Gotta have a good foundation first ...

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know if there are there any bolts on the L15B7 engine that are torque to yield, that we need to replace specifically for an engine rebuild?

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm just astonished that anyone would attempt this. The folks on this forum will tell you I'm Mr. Scaredy Pants when it comes to stuff like this, but good grief. I swear I would've just purchased a CTR.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Sometimes I still wonder if a built 2.0L Engine would fit the Si.....
Well no need to wonder anymore. It does fit (with some modifications of course) and surprisingly works with the stock si ecu lol.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found a 2018 CRV engine like new. $2500 CDN. I’m looking at next week. Good price? I can build it on the side and take my time. It will go into a 2019 Si. The only difference is actually the oil pan, rods and pistons which are getting swapped anyways.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I found a 2018 CRV engine like new. $2500 CDN. I’m looking at next week. Good price? I can build it on the side and take my time. It will go into a 2019 Si. The only difference is actually the oil pan, rods and pistons which are getting swapped anyways.
Seems about right for what you'd find for a SI/CRV long block.

To semi answer your last question(had to scour the forum to find), here is a torque spec sheet

Attachments

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I just ordered all my internal parts from twostep performance. Rods, pistons, head studs (and extra washers), oil pump gears. I just need to to get either a new block from Honda or a used one. I decided not to go with the valve springs and retainers for now. I’m super nervous now. But I always wanted to do this and I will take my time!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Well I just ordered all my internal parts from twostep performance. Rods, pistons, head studs (and extra washers), oil pump gears. I just need to to get either a new block from Honda or a used one. I decided not to go with the valve springs and retainers for now. I’m super nervous now. But I always wanted to do this and I will take my time!
That is awesome! I cannot wait to see the progress. I will be building my Type R block in the near future as well :)

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is awesome! I cannot wait to see the progress. I will be building my Type R block in the near future as well :)
ohh, keep us updated for the Type R block. It's on my list of consideration.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered a cylinder block assembly from Honda partsnow. Decided on that route and reuse my existing head. It’s wierd,,, block is made in Canada and shipped to US and now it’s going to get shipping back to me in Canada. It’s half the cost than if I get a good deal from local Honda dealer, that stays in Canada. That’s pretty crazy how that works.

I will DIY it myself. I have been studying this hard for months. I’ll post updates here, or a new thread,but if you want to follow along you can follow me on IG @manitobabluesi for more regular updates and details about things like piston ring gap, spiral lock install, torqueing sequence, checking tolerances, etc. I’ll follow you back.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ordered a cylinder block assembly from Honda partsnow. Decided on that route and reuse my existing head. It’s wierd,,, block is made in Canada and shipped to US and now it’s going to get shipping back to me in Canada. It’s half the cost than if I get a good deal from local Honda dealer, that stays in Canada. That’s pretty crazy how that works.

I will DIY it myself. I have been studying this hard for months. I’ll post updates here, or a new thread,but if you want to follow along you can follow me on IG @manitobabluesi for more regular updates and details about things like piston ring gap, spiral lock install, torqueing sequence, checking tolerances, etc. I’ll follow you back.
Which rods are you going with?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which rods are you going with?
I went with the BC. I contemplated this a long time. I think both are equally as good, I don’t think the difference in notching is anything to be focused on. Saenz are rated for a bit more torque (which I will never get to). Saenz doesnt really distribute in Canada so they aren’t easy to get. Also in case I end up changing my mind on the valve springs and retainers I will have some brand consistency with BC. However with that said I ordered all my internals from @Two Step Performance , again even with shipping and customs I am saving a bit of money. They were pretty helpful as well.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I went with the BC. I contemplated this a long time. I think both are equally as good, I don’t think the difference in notching is anything to be focused on. Saenz are rated for a bit more torque (which I will never get to). Saenz doesnt really distribute in Canada so they aren’t easy to get. Also in case I end up changing my mind on the valve springs and retainers I will have some brand consistency with BC. However with that said I ordered all my internals from @Two Step Performance , again even with shipping and customs I am saving a bit of money. They were pretty helpful as well.
Makes sense to me. JE pistons?
Sponsored