“Needed” mods/upgrades?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sell the 27won intake, get a PRL cobra. More sound, more power, better temps. Can easily be converted to a short ram during the rainy season if you're worried about hydrolock. Light weight wheels and performance tires totally change how the car feels, as well as a Type R rear sway bar or aftermarket. Ktuner with a tune TSP/Phearable will be next, and an intercooler to keep air temps down and power up during the summer. You'll have a very fun car with just these mods.
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
  • New tires and/or wheels
  • Oil catch can (just for a piece of mind...got mine couple weeks ago, planning to install it soon)
  • Larger aftermarket intercooler
  • KTuner
  • (A few already mentioned) Clutch

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
  • New tires and/or wheels
  • Oil catch can (just for a piece of mind...got mine couple weeks ago, planning to install it soon)
  • Larger aftermarket intercooler
  • KTuner
  • (A few already mentioned) Clutch
So the OP said "needed" mods.

I agree on KTuner and the better tires.

Intercooler is a nice upgrade, no doubt, but not absolutely necessary. I've done pretty well without one in the past 3+ years being tuned. Oil catch can not so much. Clutch, it really depends on the power of the tune and driving style.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So the OP said "needed" mods.

I agree on KTuner and the better tires.

Intercooler is a nice upgrade, no doubt, but not absolutely necessary. I've done pretty well without one in the past 3+ years being tuned. Oil catch can not so much. Clutch, it really depends on the power of the tune and driving style.
Fair, but by going through the thread, OP is out for more power (eventually).
Hence the suggestion of clutch + intercooler.

Personally, I've been debating on the oil catch can for a while...and I bit the bullet on that. Just curious how much blow-by it will catch, and in hopes to prolong the longevity of the engine... at least minimize any carbon build-up....even if the carbon build-up is minimal.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Intercooler is a nice upgrade, no doubt, but not absolutely necessary. I've done pretty well without one in the past 3+ years being tuned.
This is subjective. I'm not sure where you live, but almost everywhere here on the west coast, an intercooler is absolutely necessary. You've done pretty well thus far...but you might be able to do incredibly well if you got it. ?

Spudrock512

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm at the same stage as the OP. I am looking at the following item:
- KTuner
- Cold Air Intake
- Upgraded Exhaust
What is the most important to get first? I was thinking about the KTuner first, but without the other components first would I not get the same performance. Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question, but I just got my Si a month ago, and I am just getting into this stuff.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm at the same stage as the OP. I am looking at the following item:
- KTuner
- Cold Air Intake
- Upgraded Exhaust
What is the most important to get first? I was thinking about the KTuner first, but without the other components first would I not get the same performance. Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question, but I just got my Si a month ago, and I am just getting into this stuff.
I believe Ktuner, Hondata and any other Stage 1 OTS tunes are designed with the stock build. Any bolt on parts are only enhancements. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The performance mods are pretty much covered, but there are practical mods I didn't know I needed until I got them.

Anti glare mirrors- SUMA performance
Protect your eyes from Squat Bois and see your blind spots

LED interior lights- See all of the things in the dark

Headlights- I opted for HID swap, but high end LED are pretty good now. High end LED like GTR, Lumibright, 2stroke 3.0, Phillips Ultinon, Diode Dynamics, Xenon Depot. Don't cheap out on Amazon with these

Wipers- I've had a set of PIAA while parked under oak trees for over a year and a half now. No other set has dealt with the heat and trees longer than 6 months
Sponsored