merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello everyone, I am starting to near my warranty and I am looking to get my car to do 370-400whp reliably relatively speaking. I have a 2019 civic Si, I just got an ACT 6 puck rigid clutch installed, I also have a KTuner. I am also looking at getting Cobra CAI Race MAF installed. I was thinking about 27WON W1 drop in turbo or PRL Big turbo kit, I know it comes with a downpipe, and all that. I was wondering what else I would need? Thanks!
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Upgrade intercooler, upgraded rad, upgraded fuel (whatever your max is at pump gas or corn fuel), upgraded spark plugs

I have all of that minus an upgraded turbo and pushing 298wheel while owning my Si for 3 months

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you are serious about 400whp and any type of longevity, beef up internals first.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Might want to upgrade internals as well, I've seen a lot of posts of people around 300 who but 400 is insane. Might need some corn too

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Upgrade intercooler, upgraded rad, upgraded fuel (whatever your max is at pump gas or corn fuel), upgraded spark plugs

I have all of that minus an upgraded turbo and pushing 298wheel while owning my Si for 3 months
How are you pushing 298 wheel with just a intercooler, and radiator? I get the e85 but I don't know to me that seems high?

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If you are serious about 400whp and any type of longevity, beef up internals first.
Not really heavy into the engine modifications could you expand on what internals specifically?

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
You'll need a better clutch first. Competition Clutch, ACT, or Type R retrofitted clutch. You'll need a bigger intercooler, flex fuel kit, intake, and bigger turbo. Either the gtx2867 kit from prl, a gtx2860R with a methanol injection kit or wait and see what the new W2 is capable of. Under 350whp you'd be fine but I can't speak on long term reliability past that point.

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
You'll need a better clutch first. Competition Clutch, ACT, or Type R retrofitted clutch. You'll need a bigger intercooler, flex fuel kit, intake, and bigger turbo. Either the gtx2867 kit from prl, a gtx2860R with a methanol injection kit or wait and see what the new W2 is capable of. Under 350whp you'd be fine but I can't speak on long term reliability past that point.
Clutch is covered in original post, it'll do 464 lbs/torque.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
A good tune. You don't need much to hit 300.
Without a bigger turbo? I beg to differ. I have not seen one person push more than 285whp on stock turbo with flexfuel

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
A good tune. You don't need much to hit 300.
After that, the drop in turbo will do +100HP right off the gate? then im guessing internals then on?

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm also wondering if I should get the FP/DP or just wait on the turbo and use the one that comes with it in Big turbo kit from PRL?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
How are you pushing 298 wheel with just a intercooler, and radiator? I get the e85 but I don't know to me that seems high?
running 94 octane, 27won's race tip + cai, koyo rad, hks spark plugs, clutch, 27won's catless dp, awe exhaust track, comp stage 2, rear seat delete, spare tire kit delete and custom tune

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
running 94 octane, 27won's race tip + cai, koyo rad, hks spark plugs, clutch, 27won's catless dp, awe exhaust track, comp stage 2, rear seat delete, spare tire kit delete and custom tune
Seems overkill to me lol, I have a sedan I wanna keep my backseats sounds like a nice car though!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You'll need a gtx2867r for 370-400. You can technically hit it with the size down, gtx2860r, but You'd be stressing the 60r HARD at 35psi+.

Built block is recommended for anyone shooting for more then 350hp. Youll run out of fuel at that point. Your options at that point are meth, port injection, and direct injection upgrade.
Sponsored