First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Morning everyone!

Bought myself a 19’ Civic Si (Coupe) a couple weeks ago and have been steadily lurking/researching stuff here on the forums, appreciate all the info!

That said, are there any upgrades/mods that are “needed” on these 10th gen Civics? I’ve seen a lot of different opinions so you never know where to actually go with the info you see lol I guess when I say “needed”, I mean something that just make sense from the get-go to upgrade over OEM. (Coming over from a 2014 Focus ST, an example there would be immediately taking out the sound-symposer & upgrading clutch spring). Currently just have a 27Won intake, and a few small cosmetics done.

Interested to gather some info from you guys, this is my first official Honda/Civic and I love it so far. Thanks in advance if I’m late to the reply/thank you game!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
K Tuner, Acuity pedal relocator and a cold air intake.
k-Tuner is definitely on the list here soon!
I do have a 27Won intake, as they’re local to me here in Washington (state), and I’ve upgraded the OEM BPV. Should’ve added that info in, my bad!

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'd have a lot of fun with a ktuner and the phearable 1.5 tune. Nice intake. I'd get a catback exhaust too to finish it off.

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
You'd have a lot of fun with a ktuner and the phearable 1.5 tune. Nice intake. I'd get a catback exhaust too to finish it off.
Exhaust is next on the list actually, along with downpipe & lowering springs most likely.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Assumed this would come up lol It’s not VTA and is recirculating, the stock BPV just looked & feels so cheap.
Doesn't matter how "cheap" it looks. Its part of the boost control strategy. Plus its been proven to hold well over 30 lbs of boost.

This argument has been going on for 4 plus years now and it's widely known there is no reason to replace the stock valve.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As soon as you tune you should start budgeting money for a clutch replacement

Clutches are hit or miss on these cars and lifespan varies depending on your day to day driving. Some people manage to get 30-40k out of their OEM clutch with mods, some people like me start slipping right after tuning (16k). If you drive heavy traffic commutes like me then start budgeting sooner.

There's a few options on the market but imo the best ones are Eman's Type R Retrofit clutch or ACT clutch. Eman's will be the priciest but also the best option, do it once and do it right

edit: plus an upgraded clutch will really have your Si feeling like a true manual car and make it feel much more mechanical

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Acuity Pedal spacer/relocator, and enjoyed it immediately.

I'd recommend Chrome delete (around the upper door trim), LED headlight bulbs.

If you were in a warmer (hot) climate, I'd also suggest ceramic window tint and a shift knob NOT made of aluminum. The metal shift knobs look nice, and have nice weight ... but they are also GREAT heat sinks! I've branded the palm of my hand several times (and still haven't replaced it ... but one is on the way).

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
As soon as you tune you should start budgeting money for a clutch replacement

Clutches are hit or miss on these cars and lifespan varies depending on your day to day driving. Some people manage to get 30-40k out of their OEM clutch with mods, some people like me start slipping right after tuning (16k). If you drive heavy traffic commutes like me then start budgeting sooner.

There's a few options on the market but imo the best ones are Eman's Type R Retrofit clutch or ACT clutch. Eman's will be the priciest but also the best option, do it once and do it right

edit: plus an upgraded clutch will really have your Si feeling like a true manual car and make it feel much more mechanical
This is one topic I have definitely become familiar with while researching this car/this forum. Eventually, I will replace the clutch but as of now, no reason as it’s fully stock (aside from intake & BPV) and will be sitting somewhat stock for a bit. I don’t drive this car too much currently, as for my job I have a 2016 Colorado I drive daily (on the company dime).

here in a few months once I get all my parts ordered, the clutch will come along for sure. Cosmetic/appearance will be first up, aside from the exhaust. I’m sitting at 22,XXX miles, but it was a 1 owner, older male who maintained the hell out of the car before me.

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I have the Acuity Pedal spacer/relocator, and enjoyed it immediately.

I'd recommend Chrome delete (around the upper door trim), LED headlight bulbs.

If you were in a warmer (hot) climate, I'd also suggest ceramic window tint and a shift knob NOT made of aluminum. The metal shift knobs look nice, and have nice weight ... but they are also GREAT heat sinks! I've branded the palm of my hand several times (and still haven't replaced it ... but one is on the way).
I actually ordered the chrome delete, badge/emblem overlays, and overlays for the ugly plain black interior pieces (next to shifter, bottom of steering wheel, etc...) about 2 days ago, the chrome is driving me nuts!

i’m In the PacNW as far as climate, but even the other day in 80ish degree sun, the knob was warmer than expected! Lol probably a wise investment for the sake of not burning your palm often.

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Doesn't matter how "cheap" it looks. Its part of the boost control strategy. Plus its been proven to hold well over 30 lbs of boost.

This argument has been going on for 4 plus years now and it's widely known there is no reason to replace the stock valve.
Yet tons & tons of have done it ??‍♂To each their own my guy

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I have the 27won Si TIP and RACE DP for sale if you're interested. Open package, never installed. Going a different route.

Shoot me a DM if you're interested. I'll be posting on the Marketplace sometime this week when I have a chance to grab photos since they're in my parents' house

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I have the 27won Si TIP and RACE DP for sale if you're interested. Open package, never installed. Going a different route.

Shoot me a DM if you're interested. I'll be posting on the Marketplace sometime this week when I have a chance to grab photos since they're in my parents' house
Good to know, I get paid again Friday so might have to think about it! I like the 27Won products being that they’re a local company where I live.
Sponsored