SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I would put an Intercooler at the top of the list. The stock IC is pretty awful & you'll see a huge improvement in air temp readings(IAT2s) with an aftermarket unit, which will allow the car to make full use of other performance upgrades.
Same was with my 14’ Focus ST, heat soak was awful & the OEM unit was trash. Thanks for the info
Sponsored

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Same was with my 14’ Focus ST, heat soak was awful & the OEM unit was trash. Thanks for the info
if you don't mind me asking what happened to the ST? When they first came out i wanted one bad! lol ...Reason i never got one was because i didn't have no type of credit to my name lol. How was the aftermarket support?

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
if you don't mind me asking what happened to the ST? When they first came out i wanted one bad! lol ...Reason i never got one was because i didn't have no type of credit to my name lol. How was the aftermarket support?
I enjoyed my ST, had it full bolt-on w/tune(s), my biggest complaint is how awful the wheel hop is, even with adding motor mounts and such. It was a really fun car, I did lose compression in 1st after about 20K miles tuned, and driving it super hard lol But the 2nd motor held up great and had around 40K miles when I sold it about 6-8 months ago. They’re peppy ass cars (talking 250hp 250 torque), so it was fun.

It is a Ford though, and while the 2.0 block is durable on those cars, little things stick out after driving it awhile such as the cheaper plastic parts, etc...For what it’s worth, I loved it while I had it, and definitely don’t regret choosing that car for a few years.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for sharing brother!

I've got the fully adjustable Acuity Shifter in my Si, and this Stage 2 Kit in my Type R - bang for buck the Stage 2 kit will fulfill the desire to have a short shifter, it's a great combo! If you're absolutely craving the best of the best engineering then the fully adjustable unit really can't be beat :)
Always enjoy seeing sponsors active on forums ?? I just checked out your website, and have to ask- Are you affiliated with Jets Vinyl at all, or just carry the products? I ask simply because I ordered all my overlays from there a couple days ago off their Etsy page ironically (before checking your site & seeing them on there as well), looking forward to getting it all on my Si!

solid selection of parts, website bookmarked ?? Appreciate you guys

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Always enjoy seeing sponsors active on forums ?? I just checked out your website, and have to ask- Are you affiliated with Jets Vinyl at all, or just carry the products? I ask simply because I ordered all my overlays from there a couple days ago off their Etsy page ironically (before checking your site & seeing them on there as well), looking forward to getting it all on my Si!

solid selection of parts, website bookmarked ?? Appreciate you guys
Thanks dude! I'm also a long-timer here, @CanadiaegeanBlue as all would know me before I started Unity! @Thusee is also a great friend always helping me at the shop, and a regular here :)

We carry Jets Vinyl, Eric is like an older brother to me so I'm more than happy to share his work with our following as well

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks dude! I'm also a long-timer here, @CanadiaegeanBlue as all would know me before I started Unity! @Thusee is also a great friend always helping me at the shop, and a regular here :)

We carry Jets Vinyl, Eric is like an older brother to me so I'm more than happy to share his work with our following as well
love it man!I look forward to seeing you around the forums & appreciate the shop! I’ll have to grab a t-shirt or something with my first order to rep around the Portland, Oregon area!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
love it man!I look forward to seeing you around the forums & appreciate the shop! I’ll have to grab a t-shirt or something with my first order to rep around the Portland, Oregon area!
Really appreciate that, thanks for the support! :)

Would love to visit the PNW sometime!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think the one mod that hasn't been mentioned and something that will be a really useful upgrade is ditching the stock tires for something better. Also along those lines, upgrading to a bigger rsb is a good idea. Power-wise, KTuner no doubt.

And of course the Acuity transmission stuff that's been mentioned.

The Unity markers are a nice cosmetic upgrade.

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I hate to be Maj. Buzzkill, but I would recommend giving it least a 1k mile shake-down before modding. I had a decent number of minor issues pop up during my first few thousand miles of ownership. Only one was directly powertrain related, but they could have easily tried to get out of the rest of them had I been modded at the time. It also gives the clutch some time to bed in.

Lastly, as the title asks for “needed mods”, I would also suggest switching back to the stock BPV. An aftermarket one is not needed. Enjoy the new car!

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I hate to be Maj. Buzzkill, but I would recommend giving it least a 1k mile shake-down before modding. I had a decent number of minor issues pop up during my first few thousand miles of ownership. Only one was directly powertrain related, but they could have easily tried to get out of the rest of them had I been modded at the time. It also gives the clutch some time to bed in.

Lastly, as the title asks for “needed mods”, I would also suggest switching back to the stock BPV. An aftermarket one is not needed. Enjoy the new car!
This is good advice for a brand new car, however, I don't think it applies here since the car already has 22k miles on it...the clutch is already broken in by far. There should be no issues...except tuning and clutch slippage from the tune.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
the stock lower motor mount is terrible. i installed the perrin inserts and stopped the engine rocking and almost cured the terrible wheel hop.

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is good advice for a brand new car, however, I don't think it applies here since the car already has 22k miles on it...the clutch is already broken in by far. There should be no issues...except tuning and clutch slippage from the tune.
Ah, I must’ve missed the mileage. Yup, at that point I’d say go nuts.

OP
OP
SkipToMyLou

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Ah, I must’ve missed the mileage. Yup, at that point I’d say go nuts.
I mean to reply & say thank you for the info but was going to mention my mileage again lol Yep, 22K miles with a previous owner who babied the crap out of it (luckily for me).

still, the advise of waiting isn’t a terrible idea considering I’m under warranty still for a bit, it’s just so hard to be stock! Lol

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Flex fuel kit.
Sponsored