Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a small taste of one of the cores we are testing.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread civic-x-intercooler-CAD-full-cutaway.JPG
Sponsored

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I hope it's not too late to chime in,

I really wish this FMIC will look completely stock..

Live in CA sucks, that's why i am saving my money for the W1 turbo..

And lil off the topic, will the 27WON CAI get CARB sticker? I already have it, but will be nice if i don't have to take it out for future smog check.

Thanks @Vincent@27WON

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON , If you need testers, I have a FBO 18 Si Coupe and bone stock 19 Si Sedan. :thumbsup:

And lil off the topic, will the 27WON CAI get CARB sticker? I already have it, but will be nice if i don't have to take it out for future smog check.
I highly doubt that. To be CARB approved requires a high cost and is a huge hassle to do.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks @Vincent@27WON
California intercoolers are not smog required but the chargepipe part is

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
California intercoolers are not smog required but the chargepipe part is
Yeah, but in California, a CHP officer will see it and go "That's not stock, it's orange. Here's a state referee ticket". So having things look as bland and stock as possible is the key to not drawing attention.

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Yeah, but in California, a CHP officer will see it and go "That's not stock, it's orange. Here's a state referee ticket". So having things look as bland and stock as possible is the key to not drawing attention.
For real..

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just an FYI it's only orange in our CAD software. The final product will not be orange. Although I do plan on having mine orange. ;) But we will have other colors for everyone else.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Did you run simulation on the other fin setups? Just curious how that airflow compared to the single fin. I assume the single fin made was the most effective for airflow from the testing.

I do like how the single fin resembles the wing design on an airplane. Did you use the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow to help out?
The problem with referencing the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow has to do with pressure. We are functioning in a pressurized chamber vs the atmospheric pressure like said swallow. Now if you could provide me with data for the unladen swallow in a pressurized chamber we'd be back in business...

On a real note: we did try multiple fin designs and found that the airfoil style fin was the best balance for air velocity and distribution through the core. That being said, we are still refining the design of the core and therefore the fin design is subject to change. We've been testing the difference of 8 vs 9 charge air passages through the core so we can change the charge are passage height and fin structure. This greatly affects the pressure drop through the core and peak flowrate. With the intent of designing a FMIC kit that can support big turbo builds along with stock power levels effectively, its a bit of a balancing act. We will have more info out in blogs as we continue development.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The problem with referencing the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow has to do with pressure. We are functioning in a pressurized chamber vs the atmospheric pressure like said swallow. Now if you could provide me with data for the unladen swallow in a pressurized chamber we'd be back in business...

On a real note: we did try multiple fin designs and found that the airfoil style fin was the best balance for air velocity and distribution through the core. That being said, we are still refining the design of the core and therefore the fin design is subject to change. We've been testing the difference of 8 vs 9 charge air passages through the core so we can change the charge are passage height and fin structure. This greatly affects the pressure drop through the core and peak flowrate. With the intent of designing a FMIC kit that can support big turbo builds along with stock power levels effectively, its a bit of a balancing act. We will have more info out in blogs as we continue development.
I believe the European swallow can handle higher pressures in a chamber. lol

Good to hear and thank you for providing the additional info. :thumbsup:

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag

Thanks @Vincent@27WON
What would you guys think about 27WON offering a silver (raw aluminum which is industry standard) or a black version? Would the black version help you feel more comfortable about not getting tagged by CHP?

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What would you guys think about 27WON offering a silver (raw aluminum which is industry standard) or a black version? Would the black version help you feel more comfortable about not getting tagged by CHP?
I would definitely be interested in a black fmic option.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol so many Cali folks tripping. They don’t care about intercoolers
Sponsored