Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have not heard yet the team and me here at HQ decided a few weeks back to design and bring to the 10th gen community a new performance upgraded front mount intercooler option unlike anything else on the market. After surveying the options and seeing what was available we quickly realized that none of the current offerings would accomplish what we needed and others left quite a lot on the table. Because of this, we decided that it would be best if we create our own solution from the ground up.

Now when I say the ground up I mean 100% brand new from scratch, none of this we found a core that "mostly" fits or the "it worked on x car before so we just went with it". In order for us to REDEFINE the FMIC we need to take into consideration every single aspect from the core, pipes, silicone, clamps, fitment, and more. We need to fully understand where we are starting with in order to understand where we are going.

I am creating this thread so that you guys can get transparency on the project and follow along as we aim to create the best FMIC upgrade for the CivicX. We will be sharing not just the big power numbers that everyone wants to see but the real ENG and physics that goes into a project like this. Help and educate you guys to understand gas laws, how pressure and volume affect it, flow sims, and more. We want to Redefine the process and bring you along for the ride. So subscribe up and let's make something cool.

As with any new project for the team, it is always important that we first fully understand the OEM system so we can identify its weak points and create goals. So check out our part one blog here and be sure to check this thread and our site often to see as we update the blogs with this project.

As always, any questions leave them below.

5/28/19, updated first post with the FMIC pics

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread 2018-honda-civic-fmic-pipin

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread civic-x-intercooler-kit

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread civic-x-upgraded-intercooler

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread 1-DSC_0357-1 small

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread 1-DSC_0363-1 small

Last edited:

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
Thanks for the part one blog post. It does a good job explaining the limitations of the stock FMIC. So, is your plan to offer a FMIC for both the L15B7 and K20C1? Also, could you share your thoughts on what 27WON's version(s) will offer that the others that are already on the market don't?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the part one blog post. It does a good job explaining the limitations of the stock FMIC. So, is your plan to offer a FMIC for both the L15B7 and K20C1? Also, could you share your thoughts on what 27WON's version(s) will offer that the others that are already on the market don't?
With time, yes, but this thread will focus on the L15. That being said more than likely a lot of what we see and learn will translate over to the FK8.
We will get into this more as we release more blogs on the subject (expect one later today) but some of the big areas we saw that could be improved on are. The size selection of pipes and utilizing transitions, improved means of controlling pressure drop across the core, provisions for aux fueling, larger headroom for a bigger turbo like the W1 or more, etc.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's great news to hear. I would like to see how this compares to PRL once finished, not saying that the review should come from 27W due to bias and competition. But really, it's good to see how 2 great aftermarket companies stack up against each other on this car.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Part 2 of our FMIC blog is now live and can be seen here. Take the first look into what sort of strategy we will be taking with this kit and some of the unique things that you can expect to come out of it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread civic-si-upgraded-intercooler.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread civic-si-upgraded-piping.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON Performance FMIC upgrade design thread civic-x-performance-fmic.JPG

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A new blog is dropping this week. Wait till you see some of the flow simulations we have done.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I held out on the 15% off the PRL for Christmas...make it worth it! :cool:

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I volunteer as tribute :bow:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I see that you say this will have the headroom to grow with future power gains but will it also work on a stock vehicle?

... And by work, I mean provide a power gain.

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I see that you say this will have the headroom to grow with future power gains but will it also work on a stock vehicle?

I'm also interested here, but by work I mean not negatively affect normal operation of a stock tune Si.

An intercooler upgrade is on my short list due to outrageous summer humidity/temps. My Cruze used to bog so hard with A/C on driving around town when it was hot.

I'd like to keep the pep when we get 105° heat waves for weeks at a time.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It absolutely should. Unsure if we will have a stock car to test on, however. All of our cars are mostly FBO but if we can find one we will check. But by design it should work and provide gains on any car.

Last edited:

tsmoove

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
It absolutely should. Unsure if we will have a stock car to test on, however. All of our cars are mostly FBO but if we can find one we will check. But be design it should work and provide gains on any car.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My car is available for testing...

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
I held out on the 15% off the PRL for Christmas...make it worth it! :cool:
x2 @Vincent@27WON ..... Please make an intercooler that is:

1. A large FMIC with plenty room to grow for bigger turbo and bigger builds to be able to handle it.

2. That that would work with stock turbo and or your current turbo as I’ll look to start with your turbo next and possibly bigger when I start to build the block and port/polish head...

3. One that comes with hard pipes or build an option/group buy to go with pipes or ability to use stock pipes.

P.S. I know you guys are doing lots of other things with exhaust as well. Could you guys possibly look into building Cams?

Thanks @Vincent@27WON

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
x2 @Vincent@27WON ..... Please make an intercooler that is:

1. A large FMIC with plenty room to grow for bigger turbo and bigger builds to be able to handle it.

2. That that would work with stock turbo and or your current turbo as I’ll look to start with your turbo next and possibly bigger when I start to build the block and port/polish head...

3. One that comes with hard pipes or build an option/group buy to go with pipes or ability to use stock pipes.

P.S. I know you guys are doing lots of other things with exhaust as well. Could you guys possibly look into building Cams?

Thanks @Vincent@27WON
1) consider it done
2) absolutely
3) hard pipes is the only way to go we feel

Time will tell
Sponsored