2020 Si Rear Bumper Garnish

tfc_eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R, 2018 Civic Si ?SOLD?
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to reiterate.... but essentially a 2018 Si sedan can take on the 2020 Si sedan, with a few modifications such as cutting out the vent so they would fit.... can anyone confirm this before i pull the trigger? haha ?
Confirming.
Once you take the origin rear garnish off you'll know exactly how much to cut for the new one to sit propely. It won't be noticeable when you install the new ones.
Sponsored

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looks great. I have a 2020 Si and want to do that. How did you cut out the honey comb sections? can you pop these inserts off without removing the rear bumper?
Can you take pictures of your 2020 Si sedan once you take the garnish out?

It seems to me that Honda has different cutout on the bumper cover of sedan and hatchback. Those on hatchback is a clean cut around the tabs next to the recessed line, but the sedan is not the case. I assume one can make the cutout on sedan like the hatchback as seen in picture on the left without losing the structured integrity?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Si Rear Bumper Garnish 80C9861B-FEC7-41E9-8A4F-CFE0A9D4D404

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It seems to me that Honda has different cutout on the bumper cover of sedan and hatchback. Those on hatchback is a clean cut around the tabs next to the recessed line, but the sedan is not the case. I assume one can make the cutout on sedan like the hatchback as seen in picture on the left without losing the structured integrity?

80C9861B-FEC7-41E9-8A4F-CFE0A9D4D404.jpeg
That pick with the cutout is mine. The bumper is as easy as cutting cake with a new razor blade. The vent on the other hand is a nightmare to cut. I used a full on vertical mill with a fixture, band saw, finger sander, dremal ect. Took lots of hours over a few days but was totally worth it for me. If you see that pic you probably saw the little writup. With it cut you loose a little rigidity if you grab it and try to flex it down there. This doesn't matter at all and won't flex once the vents back in. It sounds like the 20 vent has a removable fake mesh. That would make this infinitely easier but I prefer the big open look.

Jaxson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks! And it’s not too bad if you have a dremel. The honey comb section is screwed into the back and also with little tabs like what holds the whole thing to the bumper.

I marked out a section to cut out on the plastic behind it and cut away. You’ll want to keep all the mounting tab locations. I just kept putting the honey comb section over to see what needed to be trimmed and then it fit fine with all mounting hardware.

Cutting the rear bumper is the easy part. A utility knife and some pressure is all it takes.
sweet. So you’re saying that I can just unscrew and get rid of the honeycomb all together? If so I think I’ll just do that. I have the sedan Si FYI.

Jaxson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

80C9861B-FEC7-41E9-8A4F-CFE0A9D4D404.jpeg
I’m hoping that the cutout that exist for the sedan is atleast the size of the mesh portion.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sweet. So you’re saying that I can just unscrew and get rid of the honeycomb all together? If so I think I’ll just do that. I have the sedan Si FYI.
The mesh comes off but I can’t remember if it also helps hold the little body color little wing thingy on. There will also be the little openings in the bumper for the tabs and clips exposed once it’s off. It might look a little funny but not as bad as a giant fake mesh vent thing.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m hoping that the cutout that exist for the sedan is atleast the size of the mesh portion.
Its not cut at all. You can see the piece I cut then laid on the concrete. Model si sedan. Cutting the bumper is literally like cutting cake. Cutting the '19 vent, however, is next next level.

Last edited:

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. Just ordered the led vent, going to see how long it lasts.

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
The front fit no problem at all. The 2020 rears go into the bumper a bit. You will have to trim a bit of the bumper so they’ll sit in correctly for the 17-18s. The 19’s already have the indent in the rear, I didn’t have to cut mine but I wanted it to be a real vent. Other then that they mount up exactly the same when it comes to the clips and screws.
5215BDE8-5C66-4984-A952-5C30F49610C2.jpeg
Thats a sweet lip where did you get it? want to get one for mine and those vents are sweet! probably so much easier to clean, cleaning and drying the honeycombs are such a PITA.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats a sweet lip where did you get it? want to get one for mine and those vents are sweet! probably so much easier to clean, cleaning and drying the honeycombs are such a PITA.
I got the lip off eBay https://www.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderDetails?itemId=163954269979&transactionId=1952478063006

They are so much easier to clean. I used compressed air to get all the water out of the little fake honeycomb nonsense because I hated sitting there drying each little one.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
For removing the rear garnish, is it like the front bumper, just pop tabs? can be removed without removing the bumper?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For removing the rear garnish, is it like the front bumper, just pop tabs? can be removed without removing the bumper?
Correct. Same slit tabs. Also 2 Phillips screws from inside. If you lay down and look up you'll see it on the outter side. The second screw is harder to see just a couple inches above that.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Correct. Same slit tabs. Also 2 Phillips screws from inside. If you lay down and look up you'll see it on the outter side. The second screw is harder to see just a couple inches above that.

Cool, Thanks.

I"m assuming the screws are those 2 holes pictured in one of the replies above, on the outer most part of the garnish hole?

On second thought, there's bound to be a slightly bigger difference due to the rest of the molding difference, sedan vs hatch
Sponsored