Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
Dude you made this install sound CRAZY easy lmao. The top screw in the rear garnish is an absolute nightmare to remove. You get 2” of space between the screw and the steel in an awkward location. Even with an L shaped screwdriver it’s a bear to do. Contemplating just sawing the thing off lol.
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude you made this install sound CRAZY easy lmao. The top screw in the rear garnish is an absolute nightmare to remove. You get 2” of space between the screw and the steel in an awkward location. Even with an L shaped screwdriver it’s a bear to do. Contemplating just sawing the thing off lol.
Hey Jon, I just used a subby Phillips. Figured where it was with a flashlight, then laid on my back and went for it blind. Stick your hand to the outside fender side of that metal for more cleared. When I put it back (a bunch of times) I've only been using the bottom screw.

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Yeah, a stubby screw driver is basically a must if you are doing it on the ground.

I also had a magnetic hanging light to see what I was doing.

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
I used a stubby screwdriver on the passenger side but the driver side (I have a ‘19) gives you 1” to work with, I don’t know how anyone but Superman or the Hulk could get the worlds shortest screwdriver up in there, it nearly tilts to a 45 degree angle trying to get the bit in the head lol. My solution? Left the top screws out entirely on both sides. The passenger side I could get a stubby driver in and lightly tighten it with 3 fingers, the driver side would have been two finger tight while pinching the bit at best. Didn’t see a point in leaving them finger tight. After mounting them all up and screwing in the bottom screws I took my lovely purple Acuity pry tools and tried yanking all around the top of it and pushing it out from the inside, not budging. In fact it feels tighter than it did stock with the flat honeycomb.

I couldn’t be happier with the results and will give you mad props for creating this post as it was my ONLY reference during install. The reason I hesitated on swapping them early winter was because there was nothing out there to use as a guide, I assumed I had to remove the bumper cover. Thanks again!!

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Late to this thread, but I'm trying to buy the 2020 front bumper garnish for a friend's 2018 SI.
Wondering if this part will fit; don't want to go through the hassle of returns and the disappointment

https://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/oem-parts/honda-garnish-assembly-r-front-bumper-side-nh883p-platinum-white-pearl-71113tgga50zb?c=Zz1pbnRlcmlvci1idW1wZXImcz1mcm9udC1idW1wZXItMyZsPTUmbj1TZWFyY2ggUmVzdWx0cyZhPWhvbmRhJm89Y2l2aWMtY291cGUmeT0yMDIwJnQ9c2kmZT02LXNwZWVkLW1hbnVhbA==
It will fit all 17-19 si’s

Reactions: vee

Dpirch531

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just made a video on this install. Yes, those two screws were a pain. I couldn't get them off on the one side and the other side i got one screw out and just ripped the top one out lol!
Sponsored