Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So if you didn't look into shit, don't come on here complaining about how the car is "garbage" when it really just never suited you from the start. You made assumptions regarding modding and aftermarket support, it's not the car's fault that you didn't realize the 1.5T was what you were looking for.
He does sound like perfect bmw customer though. He'll be on bmw forums next complaining about high prices at dealership for oil change.
Sponsored

Longislandcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 hatchback
Country flag
I drive a hatchback sport. Its basically an lx that looks a little nicer, which I don't mind. I didnt buy the car for luxury options. I'm at almost 90k with 50k tuned miles. Going strong.
I think the sport hatch has the 1.5T

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
I drive a hatchback sport. Its basically an lx that looks a little nicer, which I don't mind. I didnt buy the car for luxury options. I'm at almost 90k with 50k tuned miles. Going strong.
I understand that the sport has the features of the LX, but in the hatchback, it gets the 1.5T instead of the 2.0NA that is the OP's main complaint. This changed for the Civic XI; the sport trim gets the 2.0NA for both.

Magnum

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Honda Civic Coupe FC4
Country flag
I don't get why all the threads about the 2.0 have to get toxic so quickly. I'm happy with my 2.0. I wasn't expecting to get major power or anything out of it, I just wanted a daily driver I could lightly mod and have a little fun with sometimes. For that- it's perfectly fine. Sure it wasn't until later I found the 2.0 isn't the best platform for modding but I could care less, honestly. I'm fine with what I have.

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I bought it over a year and a half ago and at the time I didnā€™t know anything about the platform. Iā€™ve had Nissan brand loyalty and only drove 240s, Skylines, or Laurels as far as fun cars to mod.

I figured with it being the ā€œSportā€ trim and not anywhere near base, that it would have some pep. And from what Iā€™ve seen in the car scene, Hondas are usually extremely modifiable. Not these newer ones ig.

Iā€™ll probably be going German and get the new M2 or RS3. These new Hondas are dook. Sport trim has 150-something hp and has no after market support. Glad itā€™s paid off and I didnā€™t dump 5 figures into it and researched the trash NA 2.0
My man I'm sorry but just because the trim level is called "sport" doesn't mean it's an actual performance built sports car. Every other economy car has a "sport" trim these days and it's mostly just marketing. Probably you will just get some different side skirts and wheels, or maybe even a tiny spoiler.

Yes historically Honda's are highly modifiable' but you still should have done your research. The 2.0 in the Type R and the 1.5T in the Si and certain lower trims have huge aftermarket support. There are almost no car brands where it would be a good idea to randomly pick any car and assume will be great for performance modding.

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)ā€™12 Camaro SS/RS ā€˜23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sport, including hatchback are nothing more than lx with body kit. If you have money to spend on m2/rs3 why even bother being salty? Just move on.
Thatā€™s not entirely true. The sport sedan comes with different control arms, bigger swaybar, retuned shocks, and a different steering ratio. The upgraded leather components, wheels tires etc donā€™t mean much I agree.
I already have a 700whp V8 RWD car, and just purchased a Porsche Cayman as well.
The reason I bought a 2020 Civic Sport Sedan with a 6 speed manual transmission as a daily was the fact that itā€™s going to last the longest as a daily driver which I plan on giving my son as his first car.
I personally would not buy the 1.5T direct injected engine as I wouldnā€™t last as long for my son when itā€™s time.
If we are being completely honest, even the 1.5T and Type R are slow in a straight line.
Iā€™ve driven the 10th and 11th Gen type r models at the track and I was amazed at the lap times they were able toachieve.
Itā€™s phenomenal what Honda was able to accomplish with the Type R models it truly is.
With that said, for how much $ those cars are selling for new, there are MUCH better and faster cars you can get for the $ if youā€™re tracking them.
I had a 1999 integra type r, and have a fondness for Hondaā€™s though. The new Type R and Type S Acura push the limits of what a fwd car is truly capable of, itā€™s astonishing to be honest how far they have come.
People who have a slightly tuned 1.5T with minor bolt ons who rag on the 2.0 K20C2 however I donā€™t get, the 1.5T is still painfully slow, just not near as bad as the 2.0 NA.
For the OP, you have a paid off car that will last hundreds of thousands of miles, and have an R32. Keep the civic as is, enjoy not having a payment and daily that while putting your $ into the R32. Thatā€™s what I would do.

Last edited:

steemed.beans

First Name
Johnson, Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic coupe sport manual
Country flag
Dude buys one step up from a base civic and says heā€™s going to trade it in for a rs2 or m2.

:lol:

This car is fun as hell if you know how to drive, reliable and it makes all of its power up top.
Itā€™s also one of the few front wheel drive cars Iā€™ve ever driven that will power under steer from the factory.

Itā€™s pretty obvious this is either a troll post or you never grew up driving old Hondas or vdubs.

Sub 3000lb cars with close ratio five speeds and 100-140hp.
This car is as close to a new old 90s Honda driving experience you can get nowadays, except they couldnā€™t take corners at 130mph very well stock.

Maybe next time DYOR because you literally bought one model up from the LX civic; hence the k20.

Roads closed pizza boy take your VAG and go home.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I laugh at all the people that dump $$$$ into their Civics to go half a second quicker to 60. I love my 2.0L
I'm assuming you're referring to guys who have tuned their 1.5T's. What you're missing is for the cost of a tuning device (around $500) and nothing more than an OTS tune, people are seeing not just big time 0-60 improvements. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is just the start. It's the rev hang removal for manual owners. The nearly lag free turbo response. Improved throttle response. Improved traction control options. Multiple tune maps switchable on the fly. And much more. Tuning devices let us monitor our cars essentials --- everything from transmission temps and fuel trims to knock control and af ratios. Essentially it's a better, more driveable car.

We're laughing too. Everytime we put our foot into the throttle.

Last edited:

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I'm assuming you're referring to guys who have tuned their 1.5T's. What you're missing is the for the cost of a tuning device (around $500) and nothing more than an OTS tune, people are seeing not just big time 0-60 improvements. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is just the start. It's the rev hang removal for manual owners. The nearly lag free turbo response. Improved throttle response. Improved traction control options. Multiple tune maps switchable on the fly. And much more. Tuning devices let us monitor our cars essentials --- everything from transmission temps and fuel trims to knock control and af ratios. Essentially it's a better, more driveable car.

We're laughing too. Everytime we put our foot into the throttle.
The $500 tuner is well worth the money for everything it does. That is probably the best bang for the buck of any mods. The $/gain ratio of downpipe, exhaust, intake, etc. is not appealing to me, even if I bought a 1.5T. It is not justifiable in my eyes.
Maybe 15 years ago when I had my 99 with a JDM B18 all in for $8k lol Nowadays I donā€™t see the value in modding a Civic. Iā€™ve never had trouble overtaking a car on a two lane, entering the highway, surpassing 100mph, etc.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody has a different idea of what they want in their car.

For me, modding has always been about starting with a decent car and just making tweaks here and there. Cosmetics, handling, power. Some will say it's a waste and you should just buy a "better car". I've just always found joy in modding my cars.

As far as this thread and the 2.0 in general. I've never knocked it. It's a fine car and with a manual it's fun. I think the point people were making to the OP was that he needed to do more research before plunking down 20 grand for a vehicle he seems to hate.

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)ā€™12 Camaro SS/RS ā€˜23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Everybody has a different idea of what they want in their car.

For me, modding has always been about starting with a decent car and just making tweaks here and there. Cosmetics, handling, power. Some will say it's a waste and you should just buy a "better car". I've just always found joy in modding my cars.

As far as this thread and the 2.0 in general. I've never knocked it. It's a fine car and with a manual it's fun. I think the point people were making to the OP was that he needed to do more research before plunking down 20 grand for a vehicle he seems to hate.
Agreed. I knew what I wanted when I bought mine, but the fact he didnā€™t know it didnā€™t have a turbo when he bought it shows how much he researched what he was buyingā€¦.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Just give your car big numbers and people that don't research will buy lol

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag