Status
Not open for further replies.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
^very interested too. Purchased rampage turbo and trying to see if which route to go...xdi or hondata fsu. Looking at 93oct tune n goal of about ~450whp
if you plan to stay on 93 id go with the hondata fsu for sure
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you have ethanol and 93 local to you, would it not be a waste to not take advantage of both ? Even if your goal is “just” 450, isn’t it more easily achievable (and safer) running an ethanol mix vs just 93?

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Just out of curiosity what is your reasoning behind this? I would have recommended the opposite.
IF xdi come with a dropin fuel line instead of having to bend the oem one i would choose the xdi option im a bit scared about bending a fuel line

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
IF xdi come with a dropin fuel line instead of having to bend the oem one i would choose the xdi option im a bit scared about bending a fuel line
I agree with that. I wonder if they would consider doing that if they have enough interest.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can tell you from actually doing the install, bending the line is no issue, it’s easy. If you are to actually swap the line out, it would take you an additional 2 hours to undo a bunch of stuff. XDI is the way.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am unfamiliar with the fuel line, but am planning to add the XDI eventually....

Is it not possible to have a shop fabricate a custom replacement line?

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am unfamiliar with the fuel line, but am planning to add the XDI eventually....

Is it not possible to have a shop fabricate a custom replacement line?
They would have to either source an OEM line and bend it, or custom fab a new nice, which would cost $$$. There's no need. Just bend your OEM line upwards about a 1/2". Or, loosen the bracket holding it and bend.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I can tell you from actually doing the install, bending the line is no issue, it’s easy. If you are to actually swap the line out, it would take you an additional 2 hours to undo a bunch of stuff. XDI is the way.
I take it that you did not drill out the the factory line? Did this cause any tuning issues?

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I take it that you did not drill out the the factory line? Did this cause any tuning issues?
I did not drill the line. There is no need to drill the line out. The pump alone can provide more than enough fuel to support power goals. I was able to run up to e60 and pump duty stayed around 80%. I have not yet tried more ethanol.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I did not drill the line. There is no need to drill the line out. The pump alone can provide more than enough fuel to support power goals. I was able to run up to e60 and pump duty stayed around 80%. I have not yet tried more ethanol.
While this is true for eblended gasolines Im still waiting on results from 93oct fbo cars as some of us do not have e85 accesible. There is a lot of talking and speculation around but not enough data to back it up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.