Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI EVO fuel upgrade discussion 1610559951420

So, the majority of us that don't have Motec finally got another option for high pressure fuel pumps made by Xtreme-DI, now that Hondata has released support for it. We've been waiting for this since the platform first released in 2017. Importantly, it doesn't require you to buy a full $3000 kit. The fuel pump and injectors come separately, and you can buy a low pressure fuel pump on your own. None of those are required to use this pump, but they each will bring you further. The only question mark right now is the fuel lines, but we've seen great success without them.

It retails for $1599 and has 36% capacity over the OEM pump, 12% more than Hondata's HPFP.

Anybody getting one? Curious what people's plans are for this. I myself will just be using it as a step up since I'm running ethanol and could use the headroom. I'll have a P600 soon too, and that will definitely benefit from having this pump. I think I'll be happy at 450-500whp.

It's been shown to support over 600whp paired with their injectors. The age of 500-600whp daily Rs is upon us.

One really cool thing I think people aren't talking about enough is that this pump has a lot more RPM capability, 8000rpm vs the OEM 7200rpm. Although there's probably some other components that will need to be upgraded first, this was always the #1 barrier.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 26142

Wow... I need to stop seeing posts like this, I have been on the fence about dropping the FK7 and get my hands on a FK8 and seeing stuff like this does not help lol 500whp sounds so alluring compared to the 300whp that can be made somewhat safely on the 1.5T

Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI EVO fuel upgrade discussion i-dont-need-it

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
I'm someone who regularly tracks my car and using the Hondata OTS tunes (91 and 93 octane). It was the traction control feature that pushed me to Hondata, and not the power gains.

My future focus is going to be heat mitigation before ethanol mixes. I'm hoping that something like this would give me more headroom for maintaining/increasing current power levels, and ultimately run cooler. There are several people who are running ethanol blends, less boost, and keeping temps in check at the track. I'd like to do this on 91 octane. Thoughts?

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
im all in.
At what point would upgrading the fuel lines happen?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm someone who regularly tracks my car and using the Hondata OTS tunes (91 and 93 octane). It was the traction control feature that pushed me to Hondata, and not the power gains.

My future focus is going to be heat mitigation before ethanol mixes. I'm hoping that something like this would give me more headroom for maintaining/increasing current power levels, and ultimately run cooler. There are several people who are running ethanol blends, less boost, and keeping temps in check at the track. I'd like to do this on 91 octane. Thoughts?
A larger pump lets you run richer mixtures that are cooler, even on 91. However, it’s unlikely to work as well as a detuned ethanol tune. Ethanol itself has a big cooling advantage over gasoline.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
im all in.
At what point would upgrading the fuel lines happen?
We don’t really know yet if they’re necessary. Hondata says it is, but 4piston was hitting 600whp on stock lines and this pump.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
A larger pump lets you run richer mixtures that are cooler, even on 91. However, it’s unlikely to work as well as a detuned ethanol tune. Ethanol itself has a big cooling advantage over gasoline.
Could I achieve this with a larger turbo and 91, or would ethanol be my only option?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Could I achieve this with a larger turbo, or would ethanol be my only option?
A larger turbo will put out cooler air but I don’t think it will be significant enough. The main source of heat is the combustion.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
A larger turbo will put out cooler air but I don’t think it will be significant enough. The main source of heat is the combustion.
I appreciate the info; e85 seems inevitable. I have nothing against ethanol, it's more of a convenience thing. I've been slowly reading the Hondata Tuning guide and visited fk8clinic. Really appreciate your investment in the platform.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
this pump will make this platform shine?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I appreciate the info; e85 seems inevitable. I have nothing against ethanol, it's more of a convenience thing. I've been slowly reading the Hondata Tuning guide and visited fk8clinic. Really appreciate your investment in the platform.
Glad it’s all been of some use to you.

I totally get the ethanol thing, especially since I only have one pump near me that I have to drive 15 minutes away for, but it’s worth it to me since I don’t drive more than a few times a week. I also do not have a flex fuel sensor (yet).

That’s the nice thing about flex fuel, you can fill up ethanol when you want it and put in gas when you don’t. This pump should be able to handle E85 on a conservative/detuned flex fuel tune, too.

spaghettixsauce

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
We don’t really know yet if they’re necessary. Hondata says it is, but 4piston was hitting 600whp on stock lines and this pump.
With race gas and/or meth this can support 600hp, but imo you'll be stuck around the low 500s on E85 with this.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
We might need to mention the fact that at these hp ranges the drivetrain or internals may need some help lol

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wow... I need to stop seeing posts like this, I have been on the fence about dropping the FK7 and get my hands on a FK8 and seeing stuff like this does not help lol 500whp sounds so alluring compared to the 300whp that can be made somewhat safely on the 1.5T

i-dont-need-it.jpg
Don’t forget the ridiculously good handling. That’s the real gem. Our engines are also stupid reliable, there have been only a handful of failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.