1sikvic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Ok awesome. I guess it's time to do the mod.
Sponsored

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I was seeing fuel pressure drops with the undrilled line at high rpm wide open throttle. After drilling the line it helped quite a bit. All good now that I got retuned though fueling looks good.
In this position myself currently, looks like I need to drill my line. Did you remove the intake manifold or get it without? I was able to see it from underneath on the lift and my buddy got a hand on it so tempted to try it without. If you removed the intake manifold, how difficult was that?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
In this position myself currently, looks like I need to drill my line. Did you remove the intake manifold or get it without? I was able to see it from underneath on the lift and my buddy got a hand on it so tempted to try it without. If you removed the intake manifold, how difficult was that?
I didn’t want to remove the intake manifold as I thought it would be difficult. Apparently it’s really easy from what I heard. If you want to do it my way, remove the cold side intercooler piping bracket, the battery, and undo a few hoses you should be able to get to the bracket holding the fuel line to the block that way. Breaking the fuel line loose from the fuel rail was actually the easiest part. To get enough torque on the fuel rail side when putting it back I used a crows feet wrench socket, made my life easy easier after struggling with regular wrenches.
Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI EVO fuel upgrade discussion 74EE1296-BF53-4F93-AB0E-45AC4C8FBCDF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn’t want to remove the intake manifold as I thought it would be difficult. Apparently it’s really easy from what I heard. If you want to do it my way, remove the cold side intercooler piping bracket, the battery, and undo a few hoses you should be able to get to the bracket holding the fuel line to the block that way. Breaking the fuel line loose from the fuel rail was actually the easiest part. To get enough torque on the fuel rail side when putting it back I used a crows feet wrench socket, made my life easy easier after struggling with regular wrenches.
74EE1296-BF53-4F93-AB0E-45AC4C8FBCDF.jpeg
Got a photo of the botl what you used a Crows feet wrench for

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got a photo of the botl what you used a Crows feet wrench for
It’s the nut on the fuel line at the connection to the fuel rail which is under the intake manifold and almost impossible to get to otherwise without removing the manifold

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It’s the nut on the fuel line at the connection to the fuel rail which is under the intake manifold and almost impossible to get to otherwise without removing the manifold
Yup what he said, it’s where the fuel line connects to the rail. With a wrench it’s hard to get enough leverage maybe my arms were too big idk. It’s also hard to get the wrench on since you can’t see it. The socket makes it easy to put the nut on by feel and the socket makes it easy to put enough torque on it.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Yup what he said, it’s where the fuel line connects to the rail. With a wrench it’s hard to get enough leverage maybe my arms were too big idk. It’s also hard to get the wrench on since you can’t see it. The socket makes it easy to put the nut on by feel and the socket makes it easy to put enough torque on it.
So which angle did you approach it from, the top or the bottom?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the info! I am more confident now in tackling the hpfp.
My big obstacle right now is how to safelly replace my camshaft
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.