Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Personally I’m not interested in upgrading the turbo at this time, but rather in having the OEM turbo be efficient and produce as much “healthy” power as possible. I currently just run a OTS basemap tune on e25, but I know the fuel pump is near tapped. This xdi pump seems like a great option even if I’m not trying to go all out. I’d love to safely run E50 and be in the low to mid 400 range, if possible.
It's looking like that's possible and it's exciting me quite a bit cause it's what we've all been waiting for, really.
Sponsored

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
this might give you a slight edge in the midrange on 93 but it's nowhere near the benefits seen on ethanol and won't give you a horsepower increase unless you're one of the unlucky few with a shite OEM pump (@boosted180sx COUGH)
my man??

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Lower pressure = less HPFP duty and thus more potential flow, but also higher injector duration. Higher pressure = higher HPFP duty, but also lower injector duration. Past about 40% injector duty the fuel doesn't have enough time to atomize and may cause misfires, so being able to do E50 at 40% is perfect.
Just want to chime in a little here on injector duration.

The puslewidth-related misfire isn't usually related to atomization; instead it's usually a result of running into the spark event.

It should be noted that the length of time you have to inject fuel gets shorter as engine speed increases, also.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

The puslewidth-related misfire isn't usually related to atomization; instead it's usually a result of running into the spark event.

It should be noted that the length of time you have to inject fuel gets shorter as engine speed increases, also.
Interesting, thanks for the insight, thought it was a bit of both. Initially just not enough time to atomize, and then flat out running out of injector window.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
If one were already custom tuned, and only interested in buying this pump to add an extra margin of fueling safety, would modifications to the tune still be required? Or would this essentially be plug and play with the existing tune?

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If one were already custom tuned, and only interested in buying this pump to add an extra margin of fueling safety, would modifications to the tune still be required? Or would this essentially be plug and play with the existing tune?
Yes, this would require a re-tune.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not really a ‘retune’ in that case, rather just a tiny revision. All you have to do is enable a mod checkbox on the tune to run it and have that overhead. Making the most of it would be a pretty hefty retune though.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The tuner just needs to enable the fuel pump in the mod tab but other than that you can just reuse your tune. You just won’t benefit from the additional fuel unless you retune

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The tuner just needs to enable the fuel pump in the mod tab but other than that you can just reuse your tune. You just won’t benefit from the additional fuel unless you retune
Just to clarify, when you say that I wouldn't benefit, you mean from an extra power perspective, correct? If my only goal is to greatly drop my HPFP Duty Cycle across the board, would the effect be immediate once the box for the new pump was checked off on the mods tab?

EDIT: just saw Kefi's message above. It looks like the check box is all that's needed to enjoy the overhead. I might eventually get a turbo upgrade but for now, my only goal is longevity.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Just to clarify, when you say that I wouldn't benefit, you mean from an extra power perspective, correct? If my only goal is to greatly drop my HPFP Duty Cycle across the board, would the effect be immediate once the box for the new pump was checked off on the mods tab?

EDIT: just saw Kefi's message above. It looks like the check box is all that's needed to enjoy the overhead. I might eventually get a turbo upgrade but for now, my only goal is longevity.
Yeah sorry. Benefit as in more power.
I too want it just to have that extra headroom also.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

ive been trying to tell people this ever since i saw the first post/fb comment saying they are misfiring due to "poor atomization" Honda DI injection is the best atomizating injection system we have ever had.

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Has anybody been tuned with this fuel pump?

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
^very interested too. Purchased rampage turbo and trying to see if which route to go...xdi or hondata fsu. Looking at 93oct tune n goal of about ~450whp
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.